Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sir Groucho de Marx

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the Marx Brothers knew back in 1933 that there would be another World War and that Roosevelt would be dying to get in it? Amazing foresight.
    A flashback about WWI? Wilson wanted in.

duck soup WWII prescience

https://www.google.com/search?q=duck...96.DVZypZhsj-k
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 07-08-2015 at 02:05 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Can someone explain to me how the Marx Brothers knew back in 1933 that there would be another World War and that Roosevelt would be dying to get in it? Amazing foresight.
    Let's examine the equation.

Hitler is already in power, breaking the Treaty of Versailles by building weapons, and rabble rousing against the Jews and certain neighboring countries...

PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.” -- Groucho Marx
    Looks like what that adds up to to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

"A man’s only as old as the woman he feels." -- Groucho Marx

"I remember the first time I had sex – I kept the receipt." -- Groucho Marx

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"From the moment I picked up your book until I put it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it." -- Groucho Marx

"Either he’s dead or my watch has stopped." -- Groucho Marx

The story of my life.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

"Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse." -- Groucho Marx

"Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you." -- Groucho Marx

"Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun." -- Groucho Marx

"Politics doesn’t make strange bedfellows – marriage does." -- Groucho Marx

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy." -- Groucho Marx

"She got her looks from her father. He’s a plastic surgeon." -- Groucho Marx

"When I heard about [the Broadway play] “Hair”, I was kind of curious about the six naked primates on stage. So I called up the box office and they said tickets were $11 apiece. That’s an awful price to pay. I went into the bathroom at home and took off all my clothes and looked in the mirror for five minutes. And I said, ‘This isn’t worth $11'." -- Groucho Marx

He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot. ~ Groucho Marx

"I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn’t educate America if they started at 6:30." -- Groucho Marx

"Man: Are you a man or a mouse?
    Groucho: Put a piece of cheese on the floor and you’ll find out."
    -- Groucho Marx

"The first thing which I can record concerning myself is, that I was born. These are wonderful words. This life, to which neither time nor eternity can bring diminution – this everlasting living soul, began. My mind loses itself in these depths." -- Groucho Marx

(Sounds kinda like the Wizard.)

"My favorite poem is the one that starts ‘Thirty days hath September’ because it actually tells you something." -- Groucho Marx

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Why, a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can’t make head nor tail out of it." -- Groucho Marx

Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

"If you’ve heard this story before, don’t stop me, because I’d like to hear it again." -- Groucho Marx

"Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book, and does." -- Groucho Marx

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” -- Groucho Marx

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx

“Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light.” -- Groucho Marx

“I have nothing but respect for you -- and not much of that.” -- Groucho Marx

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” -- Groucho Marx

“If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.” -- Groucho Marx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast