Thread: Ramadan

Ramadan

Wishing you all a blessed, sanctifying, and peaceful Ramadan.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Wishing you all a blessed, sanctifying, and peaceful Ramadan.
    Indeed. Allah Akbar. God truly is great; may he bless our souls with love and wisdom and allow us to share it with all men and women, regardless of religion or creed.

A polytheist like yourself would not fare well among Muslims. Unfortunate truth.

Thanks, westkyle! And thanks also, Sola! You are getting better and better at expressing your point of view -- don't think I haven't noticed! Of course, I have actually been among Muslims and fared excellently.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Thanks, westkyle! And thanks also, Sola! You are getting better and better at expressing your point of view -- don't think I haven't noticed! Of course, I have actually been among Muslims and fared excellently.
    As have I. Most are much better people than Mohammad, but I was at a loss for words when my friend asked how sex was physically harmful to nine year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot99 View Post
    I was at a loss for words when my friend asked how sex was physically harmful to nine year olds.
    Was he acknowledging the emotional harm? Just curious why he specified physical harm.

Happy Ramadan to those who celebrate! Were it not for this thread I wouldn't have known it was this month. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

On this Ramadan I'd like to acknowledge the work of the Eastern Patriarch John of Damascus, whom became the proto-Linus of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" more than a thousand years before the original by explaining the true meaning of Ramadan, namely the celebration of Mohammed, the great conqueror of the Arabian Peninsula whom happened upon the revelation of the Qu'ran when it was taught to him by a displaced Arian priest(s), most likely by rote since Mohammed was illiterate (this probably explains why he would often forget major parts of his revelation), and then went merrily about with his amazing military exploits while his scribes (probably also displaced Arians, or maybe local converts to the original Unitarian heresy that shared Mohammed's homeland) who also compiled the hadiths, thus making the Qu'ran even more than a plagiarized Old and New Testament, marked up with Arian errors and having a long addendum to include all of Mohammed's exploits.

What a joyous occasion is Ramadan, I am thankful for all the well wishes, even though sadly both God's will and common sense prevent me from partaking of the festivities..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Was he acknowledging the emotional harm? Just curious why he specified physical harm.
    I think he had the usual "Aisha is special" caveat in mind. Or I could have added the "physical" part in my head since I read up on obstetric fistulas, which is basically when the barrier between the rectum and vagina or the bladder and vagina is ripped during childbirth. This, obviously, is a greater risk for girls experiencing pregnancy at an early age due to an underdeveloped body.

God doesn't care. It's obvious that he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    God cares if He is worshipped the way He commands.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Islamic fatalism tends to agree with this sentiment, what will be will be, and the will of Allah will thus be, do what one may or what one might. It's one of the many reasons why I have a very easy time rejecting Islam, and also the reason why most who convert to it are stupid, hedonistic atheists and secular humanists with no education about the history of religion or even a care to attempt such an education.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    God cares if He is worshipped the way He commands.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sola_Fide again.
    Sorry, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12