Thread: Reason on C-SPAN NOW! - talking about Rand

Reason on C-SPAN NOW! - talking about Rand

Washington Journal - tune in

-t

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is there a rebroadcast or youtube?

For Washington Journal - I'm not sure. Most of their stuff hits the archives within a few hours on the web site.

-t

The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Describing libertarianism as "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" has to be the worst description of the philosophy ever muttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Describing libertarianism as "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" has to be the worst description of the philosophy ever muttered.
    It's a reasonably accurate way to introduce it to people who are only familiar with the contemporary American Left/Right model of politics.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Her lack of enthusiasm for Rand would've ticked me off in the past, but honestly lukewarm support from Reason actually makes me feel better about Rand's chances in the GOP primary.

If you wanna secure the nomination, it's good that Reason sees Rand as only a so-so libertarian, which admittedly he is puritanically speaking, though in reality is he much more libertarian than anyone else out there with a chance.

Nonetheless, Reason should be jumping with joy that Rand has such popularity and is taking many libertarian positions mainstream; who knows, maybe in secret they are, and they are playing a controlled opposition role on purpose.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 06-18-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Her lack of enthusiasm for Rand would've ticked me off in the past, but honestly lukewarm support from Reason actually makes me feel better about Rand's chances in the GOP primary.

If you wanna secure the nomination, it's good that Reason sees Rand as only a so-so libertarian, which admittedly he is puritanically speaking, though in reality is he much more libertarian than anyone else out there with a chance.

Nonetheless, Reason should be jumping with joy that Rand has such popularity and is taking many libertarian positions mainstream; who knows, maybe in secret they are, and they are playing a controlled opposition role on purpose.
    I'm pretty sure she was the one at Reason that attacked Tom Woods in the past. She was a pretty terrible ambassador of libertarianism on C-SPAN imo.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Katherine Mangu-Ward is a wolf in sheep's clothing. She did nothing but bash Ron Paul when he was running for president, and while I'm not as purely libertarian as I used to be, I'd assume her a closeted Neo-con before anything else.