Thread: Rand Paul: Obamatrade Tax Hikes Mean Republicans Should Oppose Revival Efforts

Rand Paul: Obamatrade Tax Hikes Mean Republicans Should Oppose Revival Efforts

EXCLUSIVE — RAND PAUL: OBAMATRADE TAX HIKES ON SMALL BUSINESSES MEAN REPUBLICANS SHOULD OPPOSE REVIVAL EFFORTS

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    15 Jun 2015

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is calling on Republicans in the House—and the grassroots nationwide—to oppose efforts by House Ways and Means Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) to revive Obamatrade via a tax increase hidden inside the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) portion of the deal.

Paul said when asked to react to an article from Breitbart News from late Sunday evening exposing the tax increase in the deal:

You know typically to pass these kinds of things, the establishment will try to buy off Democrats by sprinkling money so they have some money in there. To get the money, under our budget rules, we have to pay for it—so they want to pay for it with a fine on small businesses. But I thought a point that was made in the article which was pretty good is this is similar to the fines they wanted to do in Obamacare with 1099s and there was such an outcry it’s the only part of Obamacare we ever repealed. So I think when people discover they’re sticking a tax increase in there I think people will be even more unhappy.

Paul said he expects the issue of Obamatrade to be a big deal on the 2016 campaign trail. It’s already separated the field as Paul, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Donald Trump, Carly Fiorina, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and more oppose it. Sens. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) –and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush—among others support it.

“Everywhere I go, people come up to me and say ‘thank you for not giving the president more power’ ‘thank you for voting against TPA,’” Paul said. “So I think it does resonate with people, and we’ll see how these things shake out, but it fits my message, because I’ve been saying we gave the president too much power, and he’s tried to grab too much power on immigration, healthcare, war power and now really with trade. Part of the checks and balances is having equal amounts of power with each branch of government can jealously guard their power and I think it’s a mistake to give too much power to the president. That’s why their decision to make the treaty classified makes me suspicious—when people are not allowed to read it.”
    read more:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...vival-efforts/
    Last edited by jct74; 06-15-2015 at 04:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have to support Rand and kick the ass of Rubio.

retweet pls

this will help with base. could end chances of Walker

The breitbart comments are very strong pro-Rand. I wonder if the rest of the field will ever realize that passing a secret bill that increases taxes and gives Obama more power is massively unpopular with the base.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    The breitbart comments are very strong pro-Rand. I wonder if the rest of the field will ever realize that passing a secret bill that increases taxes and gives Obama more power is massively unpopular with the base.
    Cruz looks likke toast according to these comments.. remember Breitbart peeps were his base and they are dumping him like English tea into the Boston harbor. Rands support there is also surprising since Breitbart crowd was pretty hostile to him heretofore. Even the last bastion of Cruz love at FR is splitting. Maybe Cruz is a secret Rand Paul campaignb weapon... or he's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    Cruz looks likke toast according to these comments.. remember Breitbart peeps were his base and they are dumping him like English tea into the Boston harbor. Rands support there is also surprising since Breitbart crowd was pretty hostile to him heretofore. Even the last bastion of Cruz love at FR is splitting. Maybe Cruz is a secret Rand Paul campaignb weapon... or he's just dumb.
    It's been fun to watch. They aren't as hostile as they were to Ron over there but there is a definite change going on.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    retweet pls

Retweeted.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by carlton View Post
    I think Cruz is beholden to the $30M donors.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This is brilliant. Rand is going to win over so much support by touting this issue. It's incredible, this single vote has completely neutralized Cruz as a threat to Rand's campaign.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.