Thread: Read King for Texas State Representative, House District 64

Read King for Texas State Representative, House District 64

This is Read's second run for HD 64, he challenged the incumbent Myra Crownover in 2014. Read garnered 45% of the vote in the GOP Primary. Very close, I think he can pull it off this time.

Read is a committed liberty activist, he spent much of his time in Austin earlier this year testifying in front of committees on issues such as Constitutional Carry.

Our Next Stand

Ronald Reagan once said, “If we lose freedom here, there’s no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” He was speaking of America. As many of us watch what is happening around us, we ask ourselves just how much longer America will remain free. As a 6th generation Texan and father of six, I am increasingly distressed that so little of the great legacy of freedom our ancestors fought for is being preserved for our children.

There is no sense sugar coating things. Our nation is falling apart. From the increasing probability of economic collapse, to social and cultural decay, to a runaway federal government that hands out mandate after mandate, it is clear that there is no regard in Washington for the well-being or the will of the people or the Constitutional rule of law. Recently we learned that the individuals and agencies directly entrusted with protecting and preserving our freedom and way of life instead became the prime architects of dismantling that freedom and replacing it with layer upon layer of deception and paranoia.

Our situation in Texas remains better than anywhere else, but instead of standing up as a beacon on a hill, we are more aptly compared to the high end of a sinking ship. I don’t think that’s something to brag about. We “balance” our budget through creative accounting that would make any bailed-out bank executive proud. We struggle to fund an education system overrun with bureaucrats and social planners. Our constitutional duty to provide an efficient system of schools dedicated to diffusing the knowledge essential to preserving the liberties and rights of the people has been completely lost. Despite Republican majorities throughout government, critical legislation needed to protect our most basic freedoms is killed in back rooms while our representatives have to fight tooth and nail just to pass laws protecting the lives of the most vulnerable.

Too many of our own party’s elected legislators claim the mantle of small government fiscal conservatives, then boast about their role in creating an unending list of government programs and regulations they claim will solve our problems. As Reagan also said, “Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” We can not claim to be free men and women if we must ask the government’s permission to bear arms, or report to them what political activity we choose to engage in, or pay every year of our lives for the privilege of keeping the land that we own, or offer up our children for mandatory government testing and cataloging as soon as they are born.

If America is the last stand for freedom on earth, then Texas is the last stand for freedom in America. I do not believe that it is too late for Texas to lead the way to recovery. We have the political clout and economic resources to lead this nation into the freedom and prosperity that always follow the proper implementation of the principles of liberty. But we must do it here first. Our state government must be returned to its proper, limited place. The people of Texas must again be free to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
    In Liberty,

Read King

http://readking.net/

https://www.facebook.com/ReadKingTX

https://twitter.com/ReadKingTX
    Last edited by William Tell; 06-15-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Read King Announces Candidacy for Texas HD64

Some have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. Texas is greatness. Texas is leadership. Texas is the philosophy that every individual has the space and the grandness of soul to accomplish anything they set their mind to do. Two years ago, I asked for your support and your vote so that my children — our children — could grow up in a Texas that matched that vision. We knew then that it was a task as big as Texas itself. We knew that going up against the establishment political machine with a grassroots campaign would not be easy. We fought with honor and refused to use unsavory tactics that are often used in such endeavors. We came very close!

I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity last time afforded me to meet thousands of you and get to know your concerns. I am more convinced than ever that Texans are ready to grasp hold of their dreams and return Texas to that bastion of liberty that the rest of the world still believes we are.

Today I am asking for your support in finishing what we started less than two years ago. I am officially announcing my candidacy for State Representative in House District 64 which encompasses Denton, Corinth, Krum, Lake Dallas, Hickory Creek, and Shady Shores.

I am asking for your support in this race over the coming 9 months. Our Founding Fathers pledged their Lives, their Fortunes, and their Sacred Honor. Please consider donating a bit of each of these if you share my vision for Texas.

Please donate and sign up for email updates at ReadKing.net. Join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @ReadKingTX. Don’t forget to share our message with your friends!
    For Liberty,

Read King
    Candidate for State Representative, House District 64
    https://www.facebook.com/ReadKingTX/...91682347689603
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Is Jeremy Blosser managing their (Read King & Philip Eby) campaigns again?

~Resident Badgiraffe