Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BuddyRey has left us

Oh, man..far too young. RIP BuddyRey.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    He had a brain abscess in two places. The neurosurgeon said he would not survive with antibiotics only, so the surgery was to insert a tube into the brain to drain out the infection.
    Lord have mercy.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Not to be morbid, but were there complications with inserting the tube? My son survived brain surgery 4 years ago, so I'm just curious. How devastating for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I have a very strong dislike for her, and here's why...because Elizabeth Warren talks about government exactly the same way that Mike Huckabee talks about Jesus. The difference being that Mike Huckabee's faith in Jesus - no matter how strong - can help or hurt nobody besides Mike Huckabee himself; yet history is rife with bloody reminders that one misguided idealogue's faith in government can spell death and destruction for millions.
    Just a note on the title of the article: I'm getting to a point now where I bristle at the use of the "hawk vs. dove" analogy. It's much too simplistic a binary to try and stuff the full continuum of geopolitical thought into; especially since it means that those of us who are non-interventionists will get lumped in with out-and-out pacifists. We need some kind of new imagery to describe a Paulian foreign policy. Maybe porcupine? Or bumblebee? But whatever it is, we've got to find a way to reframe and revise this popular but erroneous narrative that you either have to be a foaming-at-the-mouth American nationalist who supports all wars at all times, or some kind of naive, disarmed bootlicker who believes that diplomacy can solve everything.
    It should be seen by every libertarian in the public sphere as a life-defining honor to end up on one of those statist media "enemy lists." I'll make it one day, dangit.
    If you didn't make the list, my friend, it wasn't because your erudition was lacking, nor because your heart wasn't in the right place. Maybe you just didn't get caught; maybe you've been on the list all along and just didn't know it.

This fight was more fun with you in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Not to be morbid, but were there complications with inserting the tube? My son survived brain surgery 4 years ago, so I'm just curious. How devastating for his family.
    I don't think it's morbid. I'm also curious because it's all so sudden. He just posted here like last week....no indication that anything was wrong.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    I am very sadden and emptied to hear this and am grateful for him to have been with us.

Barrett first caught my attention and become an instant celebrity to me when I put two and two together that he did a youtube v-log type video in early 2007where he started off talking about being upset as a Hillary Clinton supporter and then revealed that he changed camps to Ron Paul. If I remember the video correctly, he took his Hillary shirt off to show off his Ron Paul shirt under it... maybe I'm off the mark on that as he later pulled the video from youtube. I was just trying to find some reference to it but no luck yet. I'd love to see that again if anyone knows anything about it. His style and spunk was something else, he will truly be missed.

As hard as it is, I am very grateful that Dianne was able to inform us, I would hate to just have someone like him disappear with no one ever knowing anything. Everyone else needs to please consider this too across your whole "online" being, because YOU DO MATTER. Think about that-- echoing Barrett's words seems to be most fitting, "I Love Each and Every One of You!"

Rest in Peace, my friend.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Barrett had a seizure on Tuesday morning and was rushed by ambulance to the emergency room. He was then transferred to Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Charlotte that same morning. After a battery of tests and torture it was decided he had to have surgery. He was brought to the operating room around 11:40 yesterday morning.

They gave him some type of drug to make his blood really thick to reduce excessive bleeding during the surgery. Once he received the anesthesia his heart stopped and for some reason they couldn't get enough oxygen through his veins. I am thinking it is because the thickened blood wasn't allowing the oxygen to flow properly.

RIP, BuddyRey. Good guy.

Carpe diem.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

BuddyRey's funeral is at 4:30 this afternoon at Shiloh Truelight Church in Mint Hill, North Carolina. Just before I leave, I'm going to print out this thread and place it in his casket. Please say a prayer for him around that time.

BuddyRey's funeral is at 4:30 this afternoon at Shiloh Truelight Church in Mint Hill, North Carolina. Just before I leave, I'm going to print out this thread and place it in his casket. Please say a prayer for him around that time.
    That's lovely. Thank you for that, Dianne. He will definitely be in my prayers all day, but especially at that time.

This is so sad, but heaven is a far better place. RIP brother.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope this isn't inappropriate;

Barrett had a seizure on Tuesday morning and was rushed by ambulance to the emergency room. He was then transferred to Presbyterian Hospital in downtown Charlotte that same morning. After a battery of tests and torture it was decided he had to have surgery. He was brought to the operating room around 11:40 yesterday morning.

They gave him some type of drug to make his blood really thick to reduce excessive bleeding during the surgery. Once he received the anesthesia his heart stopped and for some reason they couldn't get enough oxygen through his veins. I am thinking it is because the thickened blood wasn't allowing the oxygen to flow properly.

That is so sad.

Will do, and that's a lovely gesture.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

hmmmm

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/185594.php

A brain abscess is a rare, life-threatening infection of the brain. Local sources may include ear infections, a dental abscess, infection of the paranasal sinuses, or epidural abscess, while remote sources may include infections in the lung, heart or kidney.

A brain abscess may also be the result of a head trauma or surgical procedure. In children cerebral abscesses are usually linked to congenital heart disease.

Brain abscesses may affect people of any age, but more commonly occur in people in their 30s and 40s. Traditionally, they were disproportionately diagnosed in young people - changes in vaccination practices, treatment of child infections, and the AIDS pandemic shifted the average age of infection upwards. Males have double the risk of developing a brain abscess compared to females

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/185614.php

People with weakened immune system have a higher risk of developing a brain abscess caused by a blood borne infection. Examples include people with HIV/AIDS, infants under the age of six months, patients receiving chemotherapy, individuals on long-term steroid use, and organ transplant recipients who take immunosuppressant drugs to prevent organ rejection.

The most common blood-borne infections known to cause a brain abscess are:

Cyanotic heart disease - a heart defect, present at birth (congenital), that results in low blood oxygen levels.
    Pneumonia, bronchiectasis and other lung infections and conditions. Bronchiectasis is the permanent widening (dilatation) of the large air tubes which begin at the bottom of the trachea and branch into the lungs (bronchi) - it can result in recurrent respiratory infections, as well as other serious illnesses.
    Peritonitis - inflammation of the tissue layer of cells lining the inner wall of the abdomen and pelvis (peritoneum); and other abdominal infections.
    Cystitis - inflammation of the bladder; and other infections located in the pelvis.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-13-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

RIP Barrett.

My godmother gave me this after I told her about our loss of Buddy/Phil and I wanted to share it with y'all:

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    If you can share where he will be buried, I can add him to Find A Grave.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&CRid=2151953
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

This is incredibly disheartening. I enjoyed reading every one of Buddy's posts, and a smile came to my face whenever his Nic Cage avatar would appear on screen, knowing some sort of knowledge or keen observation was forthcoming.

I will miss him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just found out. It breaks my heart, BuddyRey was genuine and upbeat. I will miss him.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I just lost another friend a few weeks ago to the same , although he survived the surgery by a few weeks.He was 91 and in perfect health prior to the brain infection.

Thanks for the info Dianne. I was hoping to go to the funeral but I see its today and will not be able to make the 4.5 hour trip in 1 hour.

I have kept him in my thoughts all day and will pray for him and you.

"When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

I didn't know him but this is truly tragic and saddening. RIP brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    If you can share where he will be buried, I can add him to Find A Grave.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&CRid=2151953
    He was buried in the Shiloh Truelight Church cemetary. Here is a link: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&CRid=2151953

Philip Barrett Reynolds, born 04/22/1984, died 06/12/2015 . He had a beautiful service. Roughly 15 minutes after his burial there was a five minute downpour of rain. Barrett has an Aunt who is a 100% American Indian living on a reservation in Okeechobee, Florida. As soon as it started raining she said "In our world, when it rains after a burial, it washes the footprints away so the spirit has a clear path to heaven". I thought that was beautiful.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    In the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Lord have mercy.

Almighty God and our Father, fount of time and eternity, who by Thy power hast set a term of our life on earth, and through Thine only-begotten Son dost grant unto us, through resurrection, immortal life and a kingdom which cannot be moved, do Thou remember Thy servant Phillip who hath fallen asleep in the hope of resurrection unto life eternal, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Father, holy and good, for as by the offence of one man, our forefather, sin entered into the world, and death by sin, so may we be inheritors of eternal life by the righteousness of Thine all-perfect Son, and do Thou give rest to the soul of Thy servant Phillip and preserve it unto the blessed life that is with Thee, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord God, Father Almighty, in the name of Thy beloved Son, our hope, Who gave Himself for a ransom to death wherein we were held fast and continue so to this day, sold under sin: Do Thou loose the grievous shackles of our death, make us sons of resurrection, and receive into Thy rest, (where all Thy saints have found repose) the soul of Thy servant Phiilp we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Eternal God, Who dost uphold all things by the power of Thy word, Who didst make Thyself of no reputation, and took upon Thee the form of a servant, wast crucified and descended into hell; Who opened the way of resurrection for all flesh slain by sin and in the bondage of corruption, give rest to the soul of Thy servant Phillip who hath set his hope in Thee, our Maker, the Author of our being, and our God, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who in the days of Thy sojourn with us in the flesh, and Thy saving passion didst cry unto Thy Father: Holy Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which Thou hast given me: for Thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world: Mercifully now receive Thy servant Phillip who is come before Thee, and accept him as a partaker of Thine imperishable glory, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

May Christ our true God who is risen from the dead, by the prayers of His most holy Mother, of the holy and all-glorious apostles, of our righteous and holy fathers, and of all the saints, establish in the mansions of the righteous, the soul of his servant Phillip. Grant him rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number him with the righteous, and have mercy on us, Lord Christ, for You are good and love mankind.

Lord have mercy
    Lord have mercy
    Lord have mercy

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the souls of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the resurrection and the life and the repose of Thy departed servant Phillip O Christ our God; and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thine eternal Father, and Thy most holy, good and life-giving Spirit; now, and forever: world without end. Amen.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was buried in the Shiloh Truelight Church cemetary. Here is a link: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&CRid=2151953

Philip Barrett Reynolds, born 04/22/1984, died 06/12/2015 . He had a beautiful service. Roughly 15 minutes after his burial there was a five minute downpour of rain. Barrett has an Aunt who is a 100% American Indian living on a reservation in Okeechobee, Florida. As soon as it started raining she said "In our world, when it rains after a burial, it washes the footprints away so the spirit has a clear path to heaven". I thought that was beautiful.
    Thanks, and may God grant you peace as well.

Dianne-did Phillip have any favorite charities that we can donate to in his name and memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast