Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BuddyRey has left us

Was one of my favorite posters by far.. such a good guy.

Love you man.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    God damn it, I've been crying for about two hours now. Why him? Of all people.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

My God, this is terrible news. No...words.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

Oh no, how tragic.

Sad day.

RIP, BuddyRey.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

RIP brother....see you on the other side.

One of the original good guys. Just not fair...
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Wow, totally messed up...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have a lot of respect for that person. He was very intelligent. RPF and the world lost a good man.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    God damn it...just... ah $#@!...

Rest in peace brother.

Did he leave any family?

If so, anything that can be done as an online community to help?

Gunny, you knew him IRL didn't you?
    One of my favorite all-time posters. Such a good man with a good heart. He is already deeply missed, and will only be missed more in the future.

I did not know him well IRL really, we crossed paths a couple times, and he came out once to help me canvass for my State Senate race and another time at some event I spoke at, but GOP stuff and conventions were not really his thing, and given that I have taken the electoral path we didn't really run in the same circles.

I am a bit devastated, because I've kept telling myself for so long that I wanted to go shake his hand and say hello, and never managed to make that happen. :'(

As I understand it, he was steadfast in faith, and rests in God now. God speed ye good and faithful soul into your reward, and may we meet again on the other side. He was taken too young, and he was taken too early; but his suffering in this lost and dying world is over.

A place is missing in my heart now. Rest in peace.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a sad loss.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

He was a fellow fan of classic Genesis.

This is you for you, BuddyRey. Rest in peace, my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_uWtbXnh8

Like the dust that settles all around me
    I must find a new home
    The ways and holes that used to give me shelter
    Are all as one to me now
    But I, I would search everywhere just to hear your call
    And walk upon stranger roads than this one
    In a world I used to know before

I miss you more

Than the sun reflecting off my pillow
    Bringing the warmth of new life
    And the sounds that echoed all around me
    I caught a glimpse of in the night
    But now, now I've lost everything
    I give to you my soul
    The meaning of all that I believed before
    Escapes me in this world of none, no thing, no one

And I would search everywhere
    Just to hear your call
    And walk upon stranger roads than this one
    In a world I used to know before
    For now I've lost everything
    I give to you my soul
    The meaning of all that I believed before
    Escapes me in this world of none

I miss you more

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-12-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

As I understand it, he was steadfast in faith, and rests in God now. God speed ye good and faithful soul into your reward, and may we meet again on the other side. He was taken too young, and he was taken too early; but his suffering in this lost and dying world is over.

A place is missing in my heart now. Rest in peace.
    So a prayer is not at all out of order?

So a prayer is not at all out of order?
    I don't think so. But everyone mourns their own way. I'm singing/listening to troparians here in his memory as well as praying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I am a bit devastated, because I've kept telling myself for so long that I wanted to go shake his hand and say hello, and never managed to make that happen. :'(
    Not a bad way to honor and pay tribute to Buddy.

Reach out to someone, today, that you have been meaning to do, but keep putting off.

Heal old wounds.

Bury old hatchets.

Because life is short, death is quick, and you may never get the chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Just wanted the Forums to know that BuddyRey aka Philip Barrett Reynolds left this world today at the age of 31. He introduced me to Ron Paul and this forum in 2007. He passed during surgery for a brain infection. He was a great patriot and a lover of liberty and will surely be missed by all that came to know him. He was the kindest, most gentle, friendly, accepting human being one could ever meet.
    God Bless P. B. Reynolds. Love that guy .

Hm. Damn. I'm sorry to hear this news.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Reach out to someone, today, that you have been meaning to do, but keep putting off.

Heal old wounds.

Bury old hatchets.

Well put.

Rest in peace, Buddy
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Heal old wounds.

Bury old hatchets.

Preach it brother. Good vibes for Buddy. Great advice and exactly what he would have said.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

RIP fellow NC soldier.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

That sucks, especially for someone who was so young.

Really sad news. I saw him around but I don't think I knew the man.

My condolences to his family and may his soul RIP

Oh BuddyRey we miss ya guy RIP, Condolences to his family.

In the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Lord have mercy.

Almighty God and our Father, fount of time and eternity, who by Thy power hast set a term of our life on earth, and through Thine only-begotten Son dost grant unto us, through resurrection, immortal life and a kingdom which cannot be moved, do Thou remember Thy servant Phillip who hath fallen asleep in the hope of resurrection unto life eternal, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Father, holy and good, for as by the offence of one man, our forefather, sin entered into the world, and death by sin, so may we be inheritors of eternal life by the righteousness of Thine all-perfect Son, and do Thou give rest to the soul of Thy servant Phillip and preserve it unto the blessed life that is with Thee, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord God, Father Almighty, in the name of Thy beloved Son, our hope, Who gave Himself for a ransom to death wherein we were held fast and continue so to this day, sold under sin: Do Thou loose the grievous shackles of our death, make us sons of resurrection, and receive into Thy rest, (where all Thy saints have found repose) the soul of Thy servant Phiilp we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Eternal God, Who dost uphold all things by the power of Thy word, Who didst make Thyself of no reputation, and took upon Thee the form of a servant, wast crucified and descended into hell; Who opened the way of resurrection for all flesh slain by sin and in the bondage of corruption, give rest to the soul of Thy servant Phillip who hath set his hope in Thee, our Maker, the Author of our being, and our God, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

O Lord Jesus Christ, Who in the days of Thy sojourn with us in the flesh, and Thy saving passion didst cry unto Thy Father: Holy Father, I will that they also, whom Thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which Thou hast given me: for Thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world: Mercifully now receive Thy servant Phillip who is come before Thee, and accept him as a partaker of Thine imperishable glory, we beseech Thee, hear and have mercy.

May Christ our true God who is risen from the dead, by the prayers of His most holy Mother, of the holy and all-glorious apostles, of our righteous and holy fathers, and of all the saints, establish in the mansions of the righteous, the soul of his servant Phillip. Grant him rest in Abraham’s bosom, and number him with the righteous, and have mercy on us, Lord Christ, for You are good and love mankind.

Lord have mercy
    Lord have mercy
    Lord have mercy

O God of spirits and of all flesh, Who hast trampled down death and overthrown the Devil, and given life to Thy world, do Thou, the same Lord, give rest to the souls of Thy departed servant in a place of brightness, a place of refreshment, a place of repose, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. Pardon every transgression which he has committed, whether by word or deed or thought. For Thou art a good God and lovest mankind; because there is no man who lives yet does not sin, for Thou only art without sin, Thy righteousness is to all eternity, and Thy word is truth.

For Thou are the resurrection and the life and the repose of Thy departed servant Phillip O Christ our God; and unto Thee we ascribe glory, together with Thine eternal Father, and Thy most holy, good and life-giving Spirit; now, and forever: world without end. Amen.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I can't understand why he was having a brain surgery for a brain infection?

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    If I had to fathom a guess, I'm thinking he contracted some form of meningitis, and was having surgery to relieve pressure or swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    He had a brain abscess in two places. The neurosurgeon said he would not survive with antibiotics only, so the surgery was to insert a tube into the brain to drain out the infection.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast