Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credibility of local NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal questioned

Credibility of local NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal questioned

Controversy is swirling around one of the Inland Northwest’s most prominent civil rights activists, with family members of Rachel Dolezal saying the local leader of the NAACP has been falsely portraying herself as black for years.

Dolezal, 37, avoided answering questions directly about her race and ethnicity Thursday, saying, “I feel like I owe my executive committee a conversation” before engaging in a broader discussion with the community about what she described as a “multi-layered” issue.

“That question is not as easy as it seems,” she said after being contacted at Eastern Washington University, where she’s a part-time professor in the Africana Studies Program. “There’s a lot of complexities … and I don’t know that everyone would understand that.”

Later, in an apparent reference to studies tracing the scientific origins of human life to Africa, Dolezal added: “We’re all from the African continent.”
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...about-truthfu/

More and pictures at link.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Insanity. So she's not black enough to be in a group of "colored people?"

I would laugh if it wasn't so darn insane..

Skin color should be irrelevant unless you are a dermatologist.

Pretending to have a certain background to fit in, really pathetic.

Just be proud of who you are and respect other people. Everybody happy.
    "I am a bird"

Yes. I consider myself to be black.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Well:

It is insane but still; clearly she isn't black she shouldn't be trying to pass herself off as "black". she should just embrace who she really is.

Make an excellent staff member for Senator Warren.

Liberal logic-

Guys says he is a girl - it's ok, he's a girl.

White girl says she is is black - aw hell no

If some Tee-Vee actor can lop off his dick and put on some lipstick and call himself a woman then why can't some white chick get a perm and a sun tan and call herself black?

More importantly who really cares?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Sometimes it feels like we are in one of those sci-fi flick from years ago that shows such a wacky future. The whole world has gone nuts.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Transracial.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Hey- if Michael Jackson can be white, why not?

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-12-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Her 'outing' interview. I don't usually bite on stuff like this but the last 1:30 is too good as she gets busted.

Fwiw, I can't imagine anyone really thought she was black in the first place.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Her 'outing' interview. I don't usually bite on stuff like this but the last 1:30 is too good as she gets busted.

Fwiw, I can't imagine anyone really thought she was black in the first place.

She's got an afro and a nose ring. Must be black.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    She's the anti-Michael Jackson. That guy spent his whole life getting whiter and whiter. She's doing the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Where the hell did you get that from the story? Not quite sure what the controversy is all about. People are trying to say she lied but I am yet to see where this woman claimed that she was African American. Also the NAACP doesn't seem to have a problem with her and if I remember correctly, the NAACP was founded by white people.

Also just like in this case, Michael Jackson never said he was trying to be white, he just did what he did, adopting white kids and changing his skin color but not evidence of him lying about his race. We all knew what he was doing but still there is no evidence of him claiming to be white now

I see this is big news now. I wonder if Stefan Molyneaux up right now working on his "Truth about Rachel Dolezal". Trying to pretend to be a psychologist, psychoanalyzing her and make $#@! up.
    Last edited by juleswin; 06-13-2015 at 04:35 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    If some Tee-Vee actor can lop off his dick and put on some lipstick and call himself a woman then why can't some white chick get a perm and a sun tan and call herself black?

More importantly who really cares?
    Right. I'm one who thinks that Jenner is a man, and any efforts to convince me otherwise I take as almost an assault. Not fan of gay marriage either. If there's a thing that if everybody did it, humans would go extinct, I'm against that thing. Gay marriage and sex changes are those things, if everyone did them, no more humans in 130 years. Extinctionary is bad public policy as I see it.

But I'm with most people, in saying that Jenner = Rachel. From what I'm seeing, most of the Jenner = Woman are also Rachel = Black. There are very few Jenner = Woman, Rachel = White. And most of that attitude comes from the media, and the arguments usually contain versions "because I said so", and there's a surprising amount of pushback against the "because I said so" argument. The media is really outnumbered here, the people are not with them, they're figuring out that the media isn't selling "who are what you say you are" but a LGBT or whatever it is wishlist.

Transracial should be able to bring down transsexual, which should be able to bring down gay marriage.

Orange is the new black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Not quite sure what the controversy is all about. People are trying to say she lied but I am yet to see where this woman claimed that she was African American.
    While it seems as yet unclear whether she has explicitly lied about being African American, she has apparently lied about a number of other things.

FTA: http://www.salon.com/2015/06/12/stop..._unforgivable/
    The Chicago Tribune reports that “Rachel Dolezal has said she has biracial parents, was abused by a step-father, and lived in South Africa as a child. Her parents say they are white. They also say she never had a step-father, and though the couple did live in South Africa, it was from 2002 to 2006, it was after Rachel had left the house and married.” [...] The family also says that she has claimed that her now 21 year-old adopted brother, who is African American, is her son.
    (h/t Lew Rockwell: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/alleged-scandal/)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

“When Rachel applied to Howard University to study art with a portfolio of ‘exclusively African American portraiture,’ the university ‘took her for a black woman’ and gave her a full scholarship.”
    LOL. This is like a modern day version of the movie Soul Man with a woman playing the lead role.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091991/
    To achieve his dream of attending Harvard, a pampered teen poses as a young black man to receive a full scholarship.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Make an excellent staff member for Senator Warren.
    Tonto/Lafawnda 2016
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    While it seems as yet unclear whether she has explicitly lied about being African American, she has apparently lied about a number of other things.

FTA: http://www.salon.com/2015/06/12/stop..._unforgivable/

(h/t Lew Rockwell: https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/alleged-scandal/)
    Hopefully, in a few weeks we will know for sure if she really lied or just sorta lied by omission. Right now, a lot of the accusations are just hearsay. But again, why are people outraged about this story? the NAACP don't seem to be bothered by it, the black people of Spokane don't mind her. In fact I read somewhere that she single handedly revived the NAACP chapter she was the president of.

So, I will just save my outrage until I see proof that she lied to about his race to govt officials to get a leg up.

Of course her credibility should be questioned, if anyone can find it. Good luck with that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Right. I'm one who thinks that Jenner is a man, and any efforts to convince me otherwise I take as almost an assault.
    I thought this was the best article yet:
    http://www.nationaljournal.com/next-...naacp-20150612

You could take any number of these answers by the former editor of Jet and Ebony, change the words from Jenner to Dolezal and woman to black and be labeled a bigot or worse.

eg:
    It takes more than a haircut to be Black. It takes more than being married to a black man to be Black. You can be empathetic and respectful of a culture without appropriating and impersonating it.
    That's ridiculous. Unless you have a mental disorder, there's no way to wake up confused about your ethnic identity. Dolezal assumed what she perceived as the identity of a black woman with clear intent to live out a life that was foreign and different from her own. The fact that she associated herself with black people and married a black man does not justify her actions in any way.
    Jet and Ebony readers will find it very ironic that this woman who was born with the inherent privileges that the rest of us are striving for would choose to be on the side of the underdog.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 06-13-2015 at 11:19 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This lady seems to have some really serious issues, that really do need to be looked into.

Off the wall speculative theory, perhaps she was black in some previous lifetime(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Off the wall speculative theory, perhaps she was black in some previous lifetime(s).
    Or has some genetic memory link to a black person in her ancestry? Or she's just a nut job.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Or has some genetic memory link to a black person in her ancestry? Or she's just a nut job.
    Perhaps some hypnotic past life regression sessions would be helpful and provide some information and answers.

Maybe she thinks black folks are cooler than white folks, and is just simply a wannabe. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    trans-ethnic. A new protected class.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    trans-ethnic. A new protected class.
    A looney.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast