Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: California lawmakers pass vaccine bill amid contentious debate

Quote Originally Posted by Leaning Libertarian View Post
    I think "anti-vaxx" is an "intentionally misguided" label. I don't know anyone who is "anti-vaccine." Every individual labeled as "anti-vaxx," repeatedly displays concerns over the safety of vaccines.
    There is no scientific foundation for the conspiracy theory of concern for safety, therefore anti-vaxxers are anti-vaxxers. they can give all the excuses they want, but the simple fact and truth is, they're against vaccines.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    There is no scientific foundation for the conspiracy theory of concern for safety, therefore anti-vaxxers are anti-vaxxers. they can give all the excuses they want, but the simple fact and truth is, they're against vaccines.
    Then I should rightfully presume our agreement, the 3.1 billion dollars of taxpayer funds paid through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is an astronomical waste, fraud, and abuse of taxpayer funds. As with every other industry who creates safe and effective products, the pharmaceutical industry should be able to stand on their own two feet and defend frivolous law suits in actual judicial court proceedings. As these are all "... conspiracy theory of concern for safety," these cases should be summarily dismissed as frivolous and the various plaintiff's found responsible for court costs and legal fees upon such court findings. If I can not presume your support of this concept, you are being especially hypocritical. As I mentioned, I am not a scientist. You may be absolutely right. You may be absolutely wrong. If you are right, this one act would end the "anti-vaxx" movement once and for all, as they would be forced to pay the court costs and legal fees if their lawsuits are in fact frivolous. If you are wrong, the vaccine manufacturers would start to lose individual then class action suits. They would have an immediate and compelling financial interest to correct the problem. Either way, it is a win scenario for public health.

* do keep in mind though, it was the pharmaceutical industry lobbyists themselves aggressively pushing for the passage of the Vaccine Injury Compensation Act of 1986, and they had no problems with and made no corrections to the statement this acts passage was vital to our nation, as vaccines are "unavoidably unsafe."*
    Last edited by Leaning Libertarian; 09-16-2015 at 02:30 AM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then I should rightfully presume our agreement, the 3.1 billion dollars of taxpayer funds paid through the Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is an astronomical waste, fraud, and abuse of taxpayer funds.
    Yes, it is.

If you are right, this one act would end the "anti-vaxx" movement once and for all, as they would be forced to pay the court costs and legal fees if their lawsuits are in fact frivolous. If you are wrong, the vaccine manufacturers would start to lose individual then class action suits. They would have an immediate and compelling financial interest to correct the problem. Either way, it is a win scenario for public health.
    Conspiracy theories are immune to facts, so no, facts and truth will not silence a true believer. If courts sympathize with them to shut them up, they'll cry victory, if courts dismiss their bull$#@!, they'll cry oppression, they get to cry either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12