Thread: Rand Paul in Baltimore: Kalief Browder shows why urban communities are angry

Rand Paul in Baltimore: Kalief Browder shows why urban communities are angry

It was a familiar story, a regular part of his stump speech, but Rand Paul paused before he told it.

"I've been telling this story for about a year and a half, two years now," the Kentucky senator and presidential candidate told Baltimore County Republicans, who had filled a reception hall west of the city. "It makes me sad. I thought about not telling the story again. But I think this young man's memory should help us to try to change things. He died this weekend. He committed suicide. His name was Kalief Browder. He was a 16-year-old teenager from the Bronx. He was arrested, accused of a crime, and sent to Rikers."

As hundreds of Republicans listened—voters, donors, elected officials—Paul retold the Browder story that had become infamous after a profile in the New Yorker. It was more gruesome than the version he usually told, because he was building to something.

"Are we going to let you be raped and murdered and pillaged before you've been convicted?" Paul asked. "He wasn't even convicted! So when I see people angry and upset, I'm not here to excuse violence in the cities, but I see people angry I see where some of the anger is coming from."
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...-makes-me-sad-
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is David Wiegel HuffPost's imbedded reporter for Rand's campaign? I feel like I see an article from him every few days.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Is David Wiegel HuffPost's imbedded reporter for Rand's campaign? I feel like I see an article from him every few days.
    Bloomberg;s and yes he seems to follow Rand around

I took note that Wiegel just had to mention Rand Paul's interview with Laura Ingram, just to keep Paul from looking too good here. I'm getting tired of this clandestine, snake-in-the-grass tactics masked with passive/aggressive rubbish.

Most of these black activists would support the death penalty for the frat boys in Oklahoma, Mark Fuhrman, Kramer and others. It is a race issue to them.

We don't know if Kalief was telling the truth. There is a backlog of cases in New York because the war on drugs is a waste of money(not because the War on Drugs is a politically expedient thing for Rand Paul to pander to blacks on), as well as huge amount of violent minority crime in New York.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Most of these black activists would support the death penalty for the frat boys in Oklahoma, Mark Fuhrman, Kramer and others. It is a race issue to them.

We don't know if Kalief was telling the truth. [...]
    Telling the truth about what?

FACT: He was imprisoned at Rikers Island for three years without trial or conviction.

I don't care if he was a serial ax-murderer - that is completely $#@!ed up, no matter how you slice it.

And what "most of these black activists" would or wouldn't support doesn't change that ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·