Thread: Obama administration lawyers ask FISA court to ignore appeals court rulings and Congress

Obama administration lawyers ask FISA court to ignore appeals court rulings and Congress

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-phone-records

The Obama administration has asked a secret surveillance court to ignore a federal court that found bulk surveillance illegal and to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.

The legal request, filed nearly four hours after Barack Obama vowed to sign a new law banning precisely the bulk collection he asks the secret court to approve, also suggests that the administration may not necessarily comply with any potential court order demanding that the collection stop.
    Justice Department national security chief John A Carlin cited a six-month transition period provided in the USA Freedom Act – passed by the Senate last week to ban the bulk collection – as a reason to permit an “orderly transition” of the NSA’s domestic dragnet

Carlin did not address whether the transition clause of the Freedom Act still applies now that a congressional deadlock meant the program shut down on 31 May.

much more at link
    It's illegal but we need 6 months to stop breaking the law?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To whom do these FISA court "judges" answer?

I certainly don't know who they are or where they live....

Yet these special people authorize aggressive government functionaries access to my name and address......

Hell they authorize access to neekid pictures of my ol' lady stored on my 'puter......

I want to look the tax-tick in the eye who thinks they can indiscriminately oogle my 'ol lady.....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    To whom do these FISA court "judges" answer?
    I certainly don't know who they are or where they live....
    How about any evidence they actually exist and aren't just a work of fiction.