Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this campaign so quiet?

Why is this campaign so quiet?

The Ron Paul campaigns had so much energy. What's going on here? It's making me nervous. It seemed when we had one money bomb the next was already scheduled. I've been hearing no real news about the campaign.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's not old enough to create that kind of enthusiasm.

To do so, you have to look like Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Rand's not old enough to create that kind of enthusiasm.

To do so, you have to look like Ron Paul, Bernie Sanders, Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, etc.
    Not true, remember BHO ?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Not true, remember BHO ?
    Yeah. I was only joking.

I think the real reason is that Rand is not as provocative as Ron, thus people see him as failing to meet expectations, which in turn means poor enthusiasm.

...what, are you expecting banner news and big headlines every day? Hell, I haven't heard major peeps from other candidates outside of Sanders, really. You don't need to have explosive, big events every other day. Besides, for all of Ron Paul's energy in his campaign, he didn't exactly win any nomination.

There were so few mentions of Ron Paul during his campaigns esp the first one that we would post the mentions here at ronpaulforums. With Rand, you can go to google and type in his name and click on news and thousands of articles come up based on Rand Paul. Plus with the Patriot Act people will be talking about that forever even if he doesn't become President.

Wait till later this year.. No debates have even happened yet
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Yeah, I think you have to keep in mind that in 2007 the debates began in April/May, and in 2011 the first debate wa in early May. This go around, we don't have one until August. Difficult to get enthusiasm when it feels like the slugfest hasn't event begun!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As far as the OP is concerned I think that Ron had excitement as a pioneer and as a result Rand is nothing new.

But as far as the campaign goes I got a call this afternoon asking for a donation as someone probably on there donor list. What I think the campaign lacks is communication directly with the grassroots, but it makes up for it with Rand traveling and doing media appearances all the time. He is getting new people in Iowa and if he can do what he is focusing on which is organization and turnout he can win Iowa. Maybe I'm optimistic about them making history with turnout of college and high school students in Iowa.

The campaign did do a conference call last Wednesday that was by invitation only to what sounds like GOP officials that are Paul supporters and other people of interest including big donors. Considering that I got one of those people involved and elected in 2012 they forwarded me the details otherwise I wouldn't have known.

It's still very early in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Plus with the Patriot Act people will be talking about that forever even if he doesn't become President.
    Wishful thinking ... What planet are you from ? This kind of logic does not apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    This. It's still early, the IA straw poll hasn't even happened yet. The real fireworks will start with the debates.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Yeah. I was only joking.

I think the real reason is that Rand is not as provocative as Ron, thus people see him as failing to meet expectations, which in turn means poor enthusiasm.
    You are a constant source of negativity. For quite a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    The Ron Paul campaigns had so much energy. What's going on here? It's making me nervous. It seemed when we had one money bomb the next was already scheduled. I've been hearing no real news about the campaign.
    Its early June 2015, things are still very calm and people aren't beginning to take the campaigns too seriously, only the hardcore people like us. Forum will get a lot busier later on. Money bombs? Still unsure, depends if Rand continues this streak of being a boss.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I think I'm being realistic. We saw where unrealistic optimism got us last time.

Team Rand has a bizarre strategy, which seems to be stumbling from success to gaffe to success to gaffe in a repeated cycle. What other major candidate has that issue? And all the while, "they know what they are doing." Just like last time.

Then there is the incompetence. Jesse Benton's PAC puts out the worst ad I have ever seen. The heralded Harris Media still does not know how to fix YouTube videos. I can already tell that the campaign is desperate for money, and their constant pleas are turning people off (a self feeding cycle). Oh, and why the hell would he block the Vitter subpoena?

Really, the issue is that he and his team are trying to do too much. Trying to win the general election and the primary at the same time. Trying to cover all sides of every issue. And it's a self feeding cycle. They need to sit down, reevaluate, and run a smart campaign from here on out.

New messaging is needed. More bullet-style talking points. More talking about his leadership and accomplishments in the Senate. Reintroduce monetary policy as a national topic (no, auditing the Fed is not monetary policy). He needs his dad's supporters en masse, and that is not the case now. A "civil liberties campaign" is not enough. Rather, it places himself in a nice, comfortable niche.

If things do not change I think will Rand place fourth in Iowa, which will preclude him from winning New Hampshire. He may win Nevada, but then South Carolina (and Florida) will be the death blow.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 06-10-2015 at 12:06 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wishful thinking ... What planet are you from ? This kind of logic does not apply here.
    Well obviously soneone ended the Patriot Act. It won't be in the history books esp when it was so controversial? You don't think that school teachers will be teaching about the Patriot Act history?
    Last edited by dude58677; 06-10-2015 at 12:07 AM.

Yeah. I was only joking.

This may be why Rand is going so "libertarian" and anti-establishment lately. He may have decided that he's going to need the grassroots (after all) if there's no money to be had from the "big donors."

I think I'm being realistic. We saw where unrealistic optimism got us last time.

Team Rand has a bizarre strategy, which seems to be stumbling from success to gaffe to success to gaffe in a repeated cycle. What other major candidate has that issue? And all the while, "they know what they are doing." Just like last time.

Then there is the incompetence. Jesse Benton's PAC puts out the worst ad I have ever seen. The heralded Harris Media still does not know how to fix YouTube videos. I can already tell that the campaign is desperate for money, and their constant pleas are turning people off (a self feeding cycle). Oh, and why the hell would he block the Vitter subpoena?

Really, the issue is that he and his team are trying to do too much. Trying to win the general election and the primary at the same time. Trying to cover all sides of every issue. And it's a self feeding cycle. They need to sit down, reevaluate, and run a smart campaign from here on out.

New messaging is needed. More bullet-style talking points. More talking about his leadership and accomplishments in the Senate. Reintroduce monetary policy as a national topic (no, auditing the Fed is not monetary policy). He needs his dad's supporters en masse, and that is not the case now. A "civil liberties campaign" is not enough. Rather, it places himself in a nice, comfortable niche.

If things do not change I think will Rand place fourth in Iowa, which will preclude him from winning New Hampshire. He may win Nevada, but then South Carolina (and Florida) will be the death blow.
    I agree with everything you said except for "auditing the Fed is not monetary policy."

Not true, remember BHO ?
    Do I have to?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Does anyone recall how well was Ron polling and fundraising at the same time in 2011?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Does anyone recall how well was Ron polling and fundraising at the same time in 2011?
    I realize more and more everyday, people didn't want increased liberty, they just wanted increased liberty when it came to weed.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    I realize more and more everyday, people didn't want increased liberty, they just wanted increased liberty when it came to weed.
    You are absolutely right.

Total liberty is total personal responsibility. Cowards don't seek after that.

The reply to the magic question I've been asking about for months, where is Rand's pathway to a big early victory in the primary race?, is still an unanswered blank space. As it stands, it still looks like Huckabee and Walker will dominate in Iowa, Bush in NH, then all the coverage locks around one or the other winning in a divided field, not Rand winning in a divided field. The campaign has been successful at keeping Rand in the center of the news each month, but he does have to do this across a range of issues, not just war and surveillance. And yes, while auditing the Fed mentions the central bank, it carries no political electricity for Rand, nor does it squarely address the issue.

One electrifying thing Rand can do to turn that around is to link ending the Fed to addressing income inequality, in the manner recently addressed by James Bovard: “The real 1% issue is how the Federal Reserve has rigged the economic game to crucify the middle class with zero interest rates. Folks who relied on their savings have been devastated at the same time the Federal Reserve artificially inflates stock values to benefit the richest Americans.” This approach would reintroduce the issue in a new way that would be solely Rand's territory in the primaries, as no other Republican would touch it, while also speaking to Democrats in the election.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wayyyyy too early to show all your cards now...gotta wait for campaign season to really gear up

By putting so much focus on prison reform and especially NSA/the surveillance state, including his recent fillibuster, he is campaigning. I think this is all part of the strategy. By the end of this year, he can point to all his efforts to bring about REAL CHANGE with substance, while pointing to his competitors going "see? I'm trying to change the country, but these establishment politicians are holding me back". Yeah, some of these issues aren't popular with core Republican voters, but again, that's part of the point "I'm willing to say thinks that Republicans don't want to hear". Again, he's separating himself from the pack.

If what Limbaugh said about Rand is true, that he approached Limbaugh with his strategy and that it's playing out the way he told Limbaugh, then this is likely part of the strategy.

Why haven't you demanded that the Attorney General of the United States look into the Biker Massacre in Waco? You don't have to don a leather jacket. Just demand that the raw video of the shooting be made public. Let the chips fall where they may. You are always espousing that you are opposed to secrecy in government and that we need transparency. Well 9 were killed, 18 were wounded enough to require hospitalization and 170 were incarcerated and held on one million dollar bonds. Yet not even a selfie has emerged onto the internet. How transparent is that? If the LEO's acted in good faith the video will vindicate them and vice-verse.

Please use the power that the people invested you with for this one simple thing.

very early days yet. Hard to get people motivated this early. I think Rand's done a great job so far

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    wayyyyy too early to show all your cards now...gotta wait for campaign season to really gear up
    i agree, plus, the Ron Paul runs for Prez was the shot heard around the World. We started it. We continue to battle albeit with a more subdued tactic versus the in your face stuff we did with Ron. No matter. The genie is out. Stand back, or get involved. This is the fork in the road we have all waited for. Keep your powder dry folks. This Rand for Prez campaign is not going to be like his Fathers. Adapt or die. (NOT LITERALLY)

I am holding out that his strategy is to win the Primary by winning the General. If he both stays top tier AND continues to outpoll the rest of the field versus the Dem's whilst parroting this while staying on message, I think he will do fine going into the early states.

Amazing debate performances won't hurt either.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast