Thread: Dem State Senator: Calling A Fish From Asia An 'asian Carp' Is 'hurtful' And Offensive

Dem State Senator: Calling A Fish From Asia An 'asian Carp' Is 'hurtful' And Offensive

The Minnesota Senate on Monday approved John Hoffman’s (D-MN) bill to change the name “Asian carp” so called because the species originates from Asia, to “invasive carp”. Since Asian carp were introduced in the U.S. in the 1970’s, the fish have spread to dozens of states causing destruction in the delicate ecosystems of the waterways.

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers have been fighting off the most invasive species, the black carp from China, the Silver carp from Vietnam, and Grass carp from China from spreading into the Great Lakes were the fish could do massive damage the regions fishing industry. While arguing his case on the Senate floor, Hoffman said that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people…
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2014/...nd-offensive/#
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supposedly the fish has a meaty white flesh that is quite tasty.

I think they should open up a shotgun season on these things. Blast em while the jump out of the water.

How about if we call them illegal undocumented criminal alien immigrants?

Of course if their babies are born here, the whole story changes immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    How about if we call them illegal undocumented criminal alien immigrants?

Of course if their babies are born here, the whole story changes immediately.
    I thought the government brought them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The voters in Mn. are paying this guy...........

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I thought the government brought them here.
    Perhaps you are correct. Are they on welfare? Are they paying taxes? Do they get an unfair head start on the path to citizenship? Do they play the carp card?