Thread: Rand Paul seeks to tie Pentagon funding to release of classified 9/11 docs

Rand Paul seeks to tie Pentagon funding to release of classified 9/11 docs

Rand Paul seeks to tie Pentagon funding to release of classified 9/11 docs

Published time: June 06, 2015 01:58

The Kentucky Senator and GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul filed an amendment to a military funding bill, demanding the release of 28 pages from the 9/11 report that have been classified since 2002 and allegedly link Saudi Arabia to the attacks.

Paul originally submitted a separate bill, titled the “Transparency for the Families of 9/11 Act” (S.1471), earlier this week, with the backing of Senators Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-New York). On Friday afternoon, however, he said there would also be an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) – a bill funding military operations for the next fiscal year.

“For over 13 years, the family members of the victims of September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks have been deprived of the details surrounding the redacted 28 pages of the 9/11 Congressional Inquiry,” Paul said. ”I firmly believe the American people deserve a government that instills trust and a restoration of their sense of security, and think my amendment is a step in the right direction.”

While the wording of the amendment is not known, Paul says it would “require” the President to declassify the pages within 60 days of the NDAA’s adoption.

read more:
    http://rt.com/usa/265375-rand-paul-28-pages-pentagon/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Everything seems so calculated, I love it. His campaign has a totally different feel from Ron's. His legislative moves in the Senate since the drone filibuster are all moral, just, and speak to his base. They're mostly bipartisan efforts. While the rest of the pack is talking, he is finding time to show his policy positions in action. I get the feeling that if he doesn't get the nomination it will be because his platform is either not popular enough, or misconstrued by the media. He can't be marginalized in the news cycle because every step he is taking right now IS NEWS.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Everything seems so calculated, I love it. His campaign has a totally different feel from Ron's. His legislative moves in the Senate since the drone filibuster are all moral, just, and speak to his base. They're mostly bipartisan efforts. While the rest of the pack is talking, he is finding time to show his policy positions in action. I get the feeling that if he doesn't get the nomination it will be because his platform is either not popular enough, or misconstrued by the media. He can't be marginalized in the news cycle because every step he is taking right now IS NEWS.
    and this is how you LEAD ...

You can have lots of money for the Pentagon if you cut these counterproductive social programs. You can have lots of money for the Pentagon if you do a proper, transparent investigation of the worst crime of the young millennium.

He's proving that many Republicans won't do their jobs and live up to their ideals even if you bribe them to by giving Christmas gifts to the military.

It's a brilliant troll. Usually bipartisanship involves tying domestic pork to Pentagon pork, so both parties will vote for the other's pork. But Rand's holding out their pork as a treat for good doggies, and still they can't be good doggies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Good luck with that one.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.