Thread: Fareed's Take on Rand Paul's Politically Courageous Conservative Realism

Fareed's Take on Rand Paul's Politically Courageous Conservative Realism

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, so now it's not his foreign policy, but civil policy? WTAF?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    Oh, so now it's not his foreign policy, but civil policy? WTAF?
    He's obviously talking about the one time Rand "stepped out of bounds" during the Madow interview.

that was still pretty good. thanks for the video maryliberty.

people sure forget the last two presidential election cycles quickly

- taken primarily from the start of the video
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

I like Fareed. I'm trying to get a job at Vice.

Vice is a great show.

I think many of his positions on human rights are historically blind, cruel and dangerous . . . .
    he has raised important, inconvenient questions only to have them ruled out of order and to be told that he is a crank, far outside the mainstream. In fact, it would be useful and important for Republicans, and for Democrats to stop the name calling and actually debate his ideas.
    Surely in matters of human rights, he has also raised important, inconvenient questions, only to have Fareed Zakaria effectively rule them out of order, and to (even if it is not exactly in name calling) use language that is similar to that used in the quotes from Rubio, McCain, etc.

Perhaps Zakaria ought to actually debate his ideas with someone who believes in those ideas? If Zakaria was as open minded as he would like other people to be, he might see that Rand's positions on civil rights have a lot of merit.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand