Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Anti Federalist Papers

Gary North's article on LRC today makes a great contribution to this thread.

Lots of people celebrate July 4. I do not.

The Declaration of Independence justified armed secession. It was signed by a handful of lawyers on July 4, 1776. Secession was a way of transferring a great deal of power to colonial legislatures, where most of these lawyers were members. It was a way of replacing governors appointed by the King with governors elected by men of the colonies.

Then the law of unintended consequences once again made itself felt: higher taxes, hyperinflation, price controls, default on state debts, and (in 1788) a new centralized government that dwarfed the power of the British Empire’s distant sovereignty in 1776. Finally, a new firm of democracy arose, a democracy of nine Supreme Court justices. The sovereignty of “we the people” — the most rhetorically powerful and most misleading phrase in American history — morphed into the sovereignty of five justices.

Surprise, surprise — but not to the Anti-Federalists of 1787, and surely not to the loyalists of 1776, who had their property stolen by the new national government after 1783. A hundred thousand of them were in Canada in 1788, living under a far less centralized government.
    Read the rest at https://www.lewrockwell.com/2015/07/...great-britain/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

+rep This should be shared as its own thread as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

In the summer of 1787, a closed conclave was held in Philadelphia. No outsider was allowed to attend. It was held on the second floor, so that no citizen could hear the debates. Then the new Constitution was ratified illegally. There was no unanimity required for ratification -- a violation of the Articles. Legislatures had no say until after the state conventions.

Henry correctly identified the nature of this conclave. I have written a book on it: Conspiracy in Philadelphia. It's free. Henry did his best to keep the Virginia convention from ratifying the Constitution, but his rhetoric failed this time. Madison outflanked him.
    //

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post

Some of what I would disagree with however, is North's suggestion that the British weren't so bad.

Certainly, in most of the colonies, things were not so bad, but by 1775 Boston was basically under total martial law lockdown.

look what I found in my inbox today!

On this day, let us honor and renew the commitment our Founders made together and persevere until we Reclaim the Republic and Restore the Constitution!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
    Chairman
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    look what I found in my inbox today!
    A fund raising letter?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    supine observation sir!

Like Ron Paul, I am a champion of the 2nd US Constitution.
    I acknowledge that you consider me a FOOL for doing such a thing.
    what sir, are you a champion of?

what should we leave our children. permanent Anarchy?
    An observation I made lying down?

On May 25th, 1787, a group of 55 men gathered for a closed meeting in Philadelphia. Officially, it was being convened to discuss alterations to the then constitution of the United States of America: the Articles of Confederation. Some state legislatures had authorized their representatives to attend the meeting only on this basis, explicitly prohibiting them from considering a new constitution. To make certain that the general public did not find out about the nature of this conspiracy, the convention members swore an oath not to discuss any proceedings with the public...for the rest of their lives. The only first-hand accounts of the proceedings were published several years later after the death of the last survivor, James Madison, in 1836. The press was forbidden to attend. The meetings were held on the second floor of the building, so that would-be eavesdroppers could not hear anything. The new constitution would become the law of the land whenever nine state conventions ratified it. This was in explicit violation of the Articles, which required a unanimous vote for amendments. Thus did a group of men launch a coup-d'etat. This coup established a new national covenant in 1788, a covenant stripped of the Articles' invocation of God, "The Great Governor of the World," with only the old country's name transferred for public relations' sake: the United States of America. Today, we would call this a trademark violation. But it worked. In this new book from NiceneCouncil.com Conspiracy in Philadelphia: The Broken Covenant of the U.S. Constitution Dr. Gary North, in nearly five hundred pages with thousands of footnotes rehearses the story of the deeply theological origins and implications of that coup against the God of the Bible and His people, the Church of the Lord Jesus!
    http://www.amazon.com/Conspiracy-Phi...hiladelphia%22

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678