Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Poll - Rand in 4th with 9% (Ties 1st for 2nd choice)

Fox News Poll - Rand in 4th with 9% (Ties 1st for 2nd choice)

Conducted May 31st to June 2nd - 5% error margin among republicans.

Full poll:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...conomy-voters/

1st and 2nd choice combined:

Paul - 20%
    Bush - 20%
    Walker - 19%
    Rubio - 18%
    Carson - 15%
    Cruz - 13%
    Huckabee - 13%
    Christie - 9%
    Perry - 7%
    Trump - 6%
    Santorum - 6%
    Fiorina - 4%
    Kasich - 4%
    Pataki - 4%
    Jindal - 3%
    Graham - 3%

Clearly this shows that there is a gap at the moment between the 7 serious contenders; Paul, Bush, Walker, Rubio, Carson, Cruz and Huckabee - and the rest. In the polls without Bush, Bush voters gets divided pretty even with the other candidates, with Rand Paul benefiting the most. That means Rand is the most popular 2nd choice of Jeb Bush voters... Hahaha! When Walker is removed, it gets evenly split as well, benefiting Marco Rubio the most.

They also polled: Would you watch a presidential debate between Hillary and X Republican. Here, the most popular matchup was the Rand - Hillary with 67%, Jeb - Hillary is the nr two matchup at 65%. They did not poll Republicans against Hillary which is a shame.

Among republicans, 19% of voters would be enthusiastic about supporting Rand, and 29% would consider it. 20% say they never would vote for him, while 29% want more info about him before making a decision.To decide if this is good numbers or bad, I combined the "would definitely support" and the "might support", and then subtracted "would never vote" from this total. This gives something akin to favorability numbers:

Rubio +37 %
    Walker +36 %
    Carson +31 %
    Paul +28 %
    Bush +27 %
    Cruz +27 %
    Huckabee +23 %
    Fiorina +7 %
    Kasich +3 %
    Christie -6 %
    Trump -36 %

Other candidates were not polled on this. So nothing extraordinary, but decent numbers. BTW, these favorability numbers reinforced what I said above, that there are 7 serious candidates in total.
    Last edited by Foreigner; 06-05-2015 at 04:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is great news!!! I keep trying to hammer the point home about the importance of "second choice"! It's far more important than first choice.

Why?

Because as candidates begin to drop out, forced out, or polled out of the debates, their supporters will need someplace to go. Ron Paul was either your first choice, or not an option. There was no in-between. So when candidates dropped out, the swarm went onto the next flavor of the week. Rand is not having this problem.

So... When you talk to supporters of other candidates, either online or in person, just try to have them think of Rand as their second choice. It's an easier sell for you and it doesn't push them away. If Rand becomes their first choice, fine - welcome to the party, but the goal is to have Rand as their backup.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

So Rand went up 2 points in their poll after the patriot act expiration and their attacks against him? Awesome news!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Conducted May 31st to June 2nd - 5% error margin among republicans.

Full poll:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...conomy-voters/

1st and 2nd choice combined:

Paul - 20%
    Bush - 20%
    Walker - 19%
    Rubio - 18%
    Carson - 15%
    Cruz - 13%
    Huckabee - 13%
    Christie - 9%
    Perry - 7%
    Trump - 6%
    Santorum - 6%
    Fiorina - 4%
    Kasich - 4%
    Pataki - 4%
    Jindal - 3%
    Graham - 3%

Clearly this shows that there is a gap at the moment between the 7 serious contenders; Paul, Bush, Walker, Rubio, Carson, Cruz and Huckabee - and the rest. .
    I'm having a hard time believing that Carson is truly pulling the level of support that is being portrayed. Lets face it, the guy is no Ron Paul, a sitting congressman, or even an elected official. I know this criteria can attract some, but is Carson pulling these kinds of numbers outside of a fox news poll? I could see possibly Iowa, and New Hampshire, but a national poll? Everyone I've talked to has never heard of the guy. It's obvious to me that he's running to pull votes away from Rand by using the "outsider status" and is being pushed by fox news. Oh well, I think Rand will truly shine in the debates and after that will really show just who the real McCoy is. I'd say the amount of negative media Rand has faced thus far will pale in comparison to the amount of negative spin he'll receive after the first debate. This will be the only way for them to level the playing field so to speak while saving their preferred candidates tons of cash doing their dirty work for them.

Are these polls being done in parallel universes? None of them are even within the margin of error for many of the candidates.

Underestimate Carson at your own peril. I have no trouble understanding why he does well. First, conservatives really like conservative blacks, as it doubley rebukes Obama without giving the left an inch on their "white men" and "racist" cards.

Then his personal story - they even made a movie about him, you know. He always highlights his story in every speech, it's his number one asset. Going from the slum with no father and an illiterate mother to becoming not only a brain surgeon, but the worlds best brain surgeon. Pioneering new procedures that are standard practice today. He is the american dream embodied. And he's not polititically correct or apologizing for his positions, people like that.

Now the reason I think he will fall short in the primaries, is that he doesn't have any concrete policy proposials, or any real desire to become president. He may very well win Iowa, but will fold after South Carolina unless he wins there, as he will have archived enough to be recognized as a conservative movement leader, with his own Fox news show etc...

Underestimate Carson at your own peril. I have no trouble understanding why he does well. First, conservatives really like conservative blacks, as it doubley rebukes Obama without giving the left an inch on their "white men" and "racist" cards.

Then his personal story - they even made a movie about him, you know. He always highlights his story in every speech, it's his number one asset. Going from the slum with no father and an illiterate mother to becoming not only a brain surgeon, but the worlds best brain surgeon. Pioneering new procedures that are standard practice today. He is the american dream embodied. And he's not polititically correct or apologizing for his positions, people like that.

Now the reason I think he will fall short in the primaries, is that he doesn't have any concrete policy proposials, or any real desire to become president. He may very well win Iowa, but will fold after South Carolina unless he wins there, as he will have archived enough to be recognized as a conservative movement leader, with his own Fox news show etc...
    Would love to see Carson drop out before or after Iowa with a Rand Paul endorsement shortly after. Would say the same about Cruz, except it will take longer as he has much more in his campaign coffers to stay in the race longer.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Would love to see Carson drop out before or after Iowa with a Rand Paul endorsement shortly after. Would say the same about Cruz, except it will take longer as he has much more in his campaign coffers to stay in the race longer.
    I wouldn't be sure about that. There has been some big secret money pushing Carson for a while, bussing people to strawpolls for a couple years now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wouldn't be sure about that. There has been some big secret money pushing Carson for a while, bussing people to strawpolls for a couple years now.
    Ok, this would make sense.

I'm not ignoring Carson, just questioning how he would be doing so well "nationally." If he's being pushed by big money we don't know about, that would make sense. I don't question his story, but I'd say most at that level have some sort of story to explain how they got to where they are. After that comes the policies that you are pushing. Well, it should be first, but I can understand why many have to know your background as well. It can tell about your character. I do however wish that Rand was the only Dr. in the race. I really hope he reaches out to his alumni at the universities he's attended. Both Baylor and Duke have big time money Alumni, I really hope they will stand with Rand with there wallets..

I would like to meet just ONE Jeb Bush supporter. I can't find a single one anywhere. I call BS on the support these polls give him. I honestly think they are making the numbers up to show support to someone that has none.

I've found Paul, Rubio, Carson, Cruz, Huckabee and Santroum supporters. But I've yet to meet someone that says GO BUSH!!! Maybe I've got to stop by lockheed martin or some military supply company. All I've run into is very RED republicans who've said they would vote 3rd party of Bush is the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I would like to meet just ONE Jeb Bush supporter. I can't find a single one anywhere. I call BS on the support these polls give him. I honestly think they are making the numbers up to show support to someone that has none.

I've found Paul, Rubio, Carson, Cruz, Huckabee and Santroum supporters. But I've yet to meet someone that says GO BUSH!!! Maybe I've got to stop by lockheed martin or some military supply company. All I've run into is very RED republicans who've said they would vote 3rd party of Bush is the nominee.
    I agree with this as well, I just figured that those supporting Bush are the 65+ crowd.

I've said this before, for some reason I see more Carson bumper stickers on cars and stop signs than anyone else. He is not some kook longshot, there is (as noted earlier) big money going to him, and boots on the ground in the critical early state of NC
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 06-05-2015 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I've said this before, for some reason I see more Carson bumper stickers on cars and stop signs than anyone else. He is not some kook longshot, there is (as noted earlier) big money going to him, and boots on the ground in the critical early state of NC
    All the more reason to count him as an ally.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Carson is the AFP candidate. One way you can spot AFP is by the full wraps they do on the buses, and their "homemade" signs that get passed out at conventions. Their online comments are usually 10 words or less. I would guess they have a buttload of facebook accounts, but never really looked too deep into that. They can attract real people and get them out to conventions and rallies. Not sure if they can get people to the polls on primary day, though.

Looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Warnings about Ben Carson are very warranted.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Warnings about Ben Carson are very warranted.
    In a more optimistic view, I see Carson as our biggest opportunity - not our biggest threat. I wish we could all see it that way. We have the power to make it go either way.

Carson seems to be one of the "not as evil" guys but id assume he's been bought and paid for

Carson seems to be one of the "not as evil" guys but id assume he's been bought and paid for
    I hope jmdrake was correct in his opinion that Carson's run is less about becoming president and more about exposing people to his religion.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    AFP?
    Americans for Prosperity?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand Paul for Peace

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wouldn't be sure about that. There has been some big secret money pushing Carson for a while...
    Big Pharma. He is publicly in favor of mandatory vaccines, and I believe anti-marijuana.

Vaccinogen Names Dr. Benjamin Carson and Dr. Jan B. Vermorken to Medical Advisory Board
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    I agree with this as well, I just figured that those supporting Bush are the 65+ crowd.
    yeah they have been brainwashed by the media and believe that because they voted for him twice if they vote against him they are voting against themselves. They think that Iraq and Iran are going to bomb us because they think America is the best and they lived through real war some by proxy. They think the only reason why we lived through the cold war is because we carved out the middle east and spent the most on our military. While the under 35 crowd lived through two iraq wars and know that their government has lied to us and we don't feel it was under the best intentions.

That's why we have to play politics stake the middle ground and say yeah i agree isis /radical islam need to be stopped and that's why we want to declare war galvanize the troops to make sure we get all of the support we can from the international community, work together in conjunction with our allies to stop people from ever trying to hurt us. Otherwise we will be labeled isolationists and be shut out of the primary. After the primary nonintervention vs the hawks will be fair game we just need the nomination and the older crowd will vote for the nominee regardless of his name being Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Americans for Prosperity?
    Yes.

They also supported Scott Walker, and were very active in WI during the recall elections.

Looks nice but too early to say much about anyone. Candidates rise and fall in a matter of weeks. One of those guys polling under 5% will surge to 15% or above at some point in time. Get a prime time debate or two in and then it will get interesting.

Ben Carson's "campaign" is running off the rails as we speak.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...f5c_story.html
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt23g View Post
    Ben Carson's "campaign" is running off the rails as we speak.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...f5c_story.html
    That guy is a wackobird.. sexuality is something people can choose because people get raped in jail and being raped makes those people gay because they engage in gay sex in jail. I can't really say that he is right or wrong on this issue because he seems to know more about brains than I do and I'm torn because he is technically correct. I tend not to judge other peoples views on sexuality but i do tend to judge people who will.

First, conservatives really like conservative blacks, as it doubley rebukes Obama without giving the left an inch on their "white men" and "racist" cards.
    Any truth to the rumors that J.C. Watts was going to endorse Rand Paul?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast