Thread: June 9 = "Stop the NSA" Moneybomb

June 9 = "Stop the NSA" Moneybomb

On June 9, 2013, whistleblower Edward Snowden unveiled himself in an act of civil disobedience as the source of leaks regarding extensive government surveillance programs that invade the fundamental privacy of individuals.

Two years later, we honor this courage by putting massive financial support behind Senator Rand Paul's campaign for President of the United States. Rand has pledge to end illegal NSA spying and collection of private data -- leading a historic talking filibuster in opposition to renewal of the Patriot Act and its violations of fundamental civil liberties.

Rand Paul stands with the Bill of Rights. Will you #StandWithRand?

https://www.facebook.com/events/759473034172196/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why such short notice? That's not really enough time to get the word out and get momentum for the money bomb.

Appreciate the effort, but five days isn't nearly enough notice for a majority to gather up their wallets.

This was promoted a long time ago but never gained steam. And I doubt this would be something the campaign would want to focus their message around.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

That's alright. See what happens. Feel motivated to promote this? No reason not to that I can see.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

How about a July 4th money bomb? Would that work or would people be less likely to donate on the 4th of July?

I'd stay away from promoting an event around Snowden. It's one thing to fight the NSA based around principles and a strong belief in the constitution, but trying to raise money off of what Snowden did would generate nothing but negative publicity/distain in conservative circles.

I do however really hope the campaign or grassroots can settle on a real date and money bomb with adequate time to advertise/spread the word and hopefully raise the kind of single day numbers that Ron Paul did. With Rand's network of doctors he's tried to cultivate along with political support from Massie, Amash, hopefully Sanford, etc.. he can really raise the kind of single day cash that Ron did.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    How about a July 4th money bomb? Would that work or would people be less likely to donate on the 4th of July?
    You could call it: "The Bill of Rights" Money Bomb. There is ONLY one candidate standing up for your freedoms while the others ignore the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think a July 4th money bomb would be great, but I know in the past it's always been considered a bad date because of the push for end of quarter totals and perception. I know it'd be a slight risk, but I say slight because while it's true the quarterly reports would be coming out within two weeks after June 30th, but the money bomb being public with a ticker and all will no doubt be reported on and would essentially be added into the total due to the ticker and reporting.