Thread: MMA fighters Pat Miletich and Ben Askren support Rand Paul for president

MMA fighters Pat Miletich and Ben Askren support Rand Paul for president

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's digital media guy wants to know of celebrities that have endorsed Rand. I tweeted that MMA fighter Don Frye stands with Rand too.

edit: Nice! Pat Miletich retweeted me.
    Last edited by jct74; 06-02-2015 at 04:55 PM.

send any other endorsement you know of to Rand's digital media guy

Joe Rogan is a fan of Rons but I don't know his feelings on Rand.

Support from UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich is bigger than people realize because of the fact he lives in Bettendorf, Iowa. His gym had multiple champions at one time and a former fighter of his Robbie Lawler is the Welterweight Champion currently. He has to be a local celebrity of some sort in his area of Iowa. The campaign would be smart to reach out immediately and maybe do an event with him in Iowa. Also, if he is supportive see if Pat Militech can get a ticket with Rand to the big UFC event in July in Las Vegas. Not only could they get some screen time at the event but Rand could do additional out reach in Nevada with Pat's help.
    Last edited by Okaloosa; 06-02-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    Support from UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich is bigger than people realize because of the fact he lives in Bettendorf, Iowa. His gym had multiple champions at one time and a former fighter of his Robbie Lawler is the Welterweight Champion currently. He has to be a local celebrity of some sort in his area of Iowa. The campaign would be smart to reach out immediately and maybe do an event with him in Iowa. Also, if he is supportive see if Pat Militech can get a ticket with Rand to the big UFC event in July in Las Vegas. Not only could they get some screen time at the event but Rand could do additional out reach in Nevada with Pat's help.
    Rand would be the the "most interesting man in the world" and the coolest if he attended the Jose Aldo vs. Connor McGregor fight in Vegas. The UFC would surely show him on the big screen during the PPV and I think he'd get raucous love from the crowd. It would be another way to poke McCain since he tried very hard to shut the sport down in the 90s; that irony wouldn't be lost on MMA fans.

Think Bill Clinton playing sax on Arsenio Hall, but 10X cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    The campaign would be smart to reach out immediately and maybe do an event with him in Iowa. Also, if he is supportive see if Pat Militech can get a ticket with Rand to the big UFC event in July in Las Vegas. Not only could they get some screen time at the event but Rand could do additional out reach in Nevada with Pat's help.
    Good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Rand would be the the "most interesting man in the world" and the coolest if he attended the Jose Aldo vs. Connor McGregor fight in Vegas. The UFC would surely show him on the big screen during the PPV and I think he'd get raucous love from the crowd. It would be another way to poke McCain since he tried very hard to shut the sport down in the 90s; that irony wouldn't be lost on MMA fans.

Agreed, this would be epic. I'm still waiting for when Ronda Rousey comes out to endorse Rand, the news will "break the net".
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Joe Rogan is a fan of Rons but I don't know his feelings on Rand.
    Rogan I think would be fan of Rand, but recently Abby Martin went on his show in what seemed like an attempt to poison the well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rtin+joe+rogan
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Agreed, this would be epic. I'm still waiting for when Ronda Rousey comes out to endorse Rand, the news will "break the net".
    Is there some hint this is possible? I don't like her too much, but this would change my opinion of her a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    Is there some hint this is possible? I don't like her too much, but this would change my opinion of her a lot.
    Nothing concrete yet, but I have a feeling she was a Ron Paul supporter.

Here are a few things I'm basing this on, I don't necessarily agree with some of these things but they are observations of her past statements and behavior; she spoke out as a guest panelist representing MMA fighters at a state committee on Travel and Entertainment against government forced contracts on MMA fighters that California legislators were proposing, listens to podcasts that were pro Ron Paul, has admitted to knowing who Ron Paul was at a time when she didn't even own a TV, has no problem doing an interview where the person next to her is doing bong hits, just recently admitted to smoking weed, she was home schooled and supports home schooling especially for athletes working to go to the Olympics, she has stated she believes 9/11 was an inside job, has been critical of the military-industrial-complex, is pro second amendment, there are a number of other things I'm forgetting but I would honestly be surprised if she didn't support Ron Paul in 2012 and would not be open to Rand in 2016.

For those that don't know who she is:

Last edited by orenbus; 06-02-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Rogan I think would be fan of Rand, but recently Abby Martin went on his show in what seemed like an attempt to poison the well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...rtin+joe+rogan
    Abby showed her true colors as a frustrated marxist on his podcast.
    Last edited by Bastiat's The Law; 06-03-2015 at 12:12 AM.

This. She is very whiny. Rogan thinks for himself, but he has kind of moved passed "supporting" a candidate. Non-political in terms of the game of politics.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

I watched the portion of that podcast where she talks about Rand, I really doubt Rand tried to get her media privileges taken away for just asking him a question. I doubt Rand would try to do that for almost any reason.

She seems to think his endorsement of Romney is still a significant event, even though it never really was. It's pretty obvious she isn't a libertarian, cause shes stuck in 2012, and still holds superficial animosity towards Rand because of an endorsement that he very likely talked about with his father beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by T.hill View Post
    I watched the portion of that podcast where she talks about Rand, I really doubt Rand tried to get her media privileges taken away for just asking him a question. I doubt Rand would try to do that for almost any reason.

She seems to think his endorsement of Romney is still a significant event, even though it never really was. It's pretty obvious she isn't a libertarian, cause shes stuck in 2012, and still holds superficial animosity towards Rand because of an endorsement that he very likely talked about with his father beforehand.
    I have no doubt that Rand's staffers had her credentials stripped. Watch the videos where she and some guy follows him around WHILE Rand is having a private conversation, hounding him about the Bildenberger group, endorsing Romney (that's fair to ask, but she was like "you disappointed people, sold out your soul") and various conspiracy theories. Remember that he never agreed to an interview in the first place.

Now, Abby is a really talented graphical artist, I mean like - I freaking love it! However, she's deep into all kinds of fringe theories and she has no journalistic integrity. RT isn't a good network anyway. If you think the US MSN is bad, then consider RT and other similar networks from the Russian population's angle. They mix a very potent mix of fearmongering, conspiracy theories, anti-globalism, and small doses of truth here and there about western corruption, (but never Russian) with domestic celebrity and sensationalist non-reporting and reality-shows. And it's done very well, big budgets with production value. Nobody in Russia believed in soviet TV. It was boring and they knew it was propaganda. They are however, buying the flashy sensationalist new Russian crap - hook, line and sink.

Yes, they are friendly to libertarian-anarchist ideas within the US. But if you put yourself in a normal russian's shoes you start to realize why this kind of TV is really bad for both you and to the country, to the point of almost being totalitarian in a way that pure propaganda never can be (because few believes blatant propaganda)
    Last edited by Foreigner; 06-11-2015 at 04:24 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Nice! We need to get Rand in Davenport, Iowa with Pat Miletich.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    I have no doubt that Rand's staffers had her credentials stripped. Watch the videos where she and some guy follows him around WHILE Rand is having a private conversation, hounding him about the Bildenberger group, endorsing Romney (that's fair to ask, but she was like "you disappointed people, sold out your soul") and various conspiracy theories. Remember that he never agreed to an interview in the first place.

Now, Abby is a really talented graphical artist, I mean like - I freaking love it! However, she's deep into all kinds of fringe theories and she has no journalistic integrity. RT isn't a good network anyway.
    Rand and his staff denied having played a role in stripping her credentials, so you are questioning Rand's honesty. And actually, Abby was quite reserved in her embrace of conspiracy positions, as demonstrated by her RT show of over 2 years, which mostly did not feature them. It's critics like the above who are wound up with the past (such as her years-old guerrilla confrontation with Rand), and with holding knee-jerk derisive attitudes toward conspiracy, ignoring the evidence that has made exposing covert activity more popular in recent years. RT has overall been a breath of fresh air in addressing issues without the establishment corporate liberal or conservative agendas of the US propaganda machine.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 06-11-2015 at 05:30 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Clint Eastwood would be a great addition to the "leave me alone coalition."

Let's tweet the idea to his staff, that's an awesome idea. As an MMA fan I'd love to get other fans on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Rand and his staff denied having played a role in stripping her credentials, so you are questioning Rand's honesty. And actually, Abby was quite reserved in her embrace of conspiracy positions, as demonstrated by her RT show of over 2 years, which mostly did not feature them. It's critics like the above who are wound up with the past (such as her years-old guerrilla confrontation with Rand), and with holding knee-jerk derisive attitudes toward conspiracy, ignoring the evidence that has made exposing covert activity more popular in recent years. RT has overall been a breath of fresh air in addressing issues without the establishment corporate liberal or conservative agendas of the US propaganda machine.
    Ok, if he has denied it, then i'll buy it as I have no knowledge about what actually happened. Initially I was very positive to Russia Today for the same reasons as you mention. But, they do not hold themselves (Russia) to the same standards as they do of other world events. It's this whole process of digging up stories about your neighbors illegal burning of trash, while dumping chemical waste yourself in the river nearby. This coupled with Bill O'Reilly on steroids fearmongering in domestic media - just even more smartly done - is turning Russians away from belief in democracy and into accepting Putin's next 30 years as president, with big-corrupt-oligarchy/government rule with free reign to the secret services, and minimal input from any regular people. It's not like I mind that you use RT as a news source or anything, I sometimes do that as well. Just keep what I mentioned in mind.

Would be nice to have:

Chris Weidman
    Chuck Liddell
    Daniel Cormier
    BJ Penn
    Rich Franklin
    Forrest Griffin
    Randy Couture
    and a few others...