Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New WaPo poll: Rand 1st nationally tied with Scott Walker

New WaPo poll: Rand 1st nationally tied with Scott Walker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...b93_story.html

AMONG REPUBLICAN AND REPUBLICAN-LEANING INDEPENDENT REGISTERED VOTERS) If the 2016 Republican presidential primary or caucus in your state were being held today, for whom would you vote? Which candidate would you lean toward?

Rand Paul
    11%

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Marco Rubio

Mike Huckabee

Ben Carson

Ted Cruz

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

John Kasich

Carly Fiorina

Rick Perry

Lindsay Graham

George Pataki

Bobby Jindal

Other-vol

None of theses-vol

Would not vote-vol

No opinion

The latest Post-ABC poll was conducted by telephone Thursday through Sunday among a random national sample of 1,001 adults, including users of land-line and cellular phones.
    Last edited by jct74; 06-02-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: add data

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But also high unfavorable. 40% (same as Huckabee, Santorum) vs 38 for cruz and 31 for Walker and Rubio

AMONG REPUBLICAN AND REPUBLICAN-LEANING INDEPENDENT REGISTERED VOTERS) If the 2016 Republican presidential primary or caucus in your state were being held today, for whom would you vote? Which candidate would you lean toward?

Rand Paul
    11%

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Marco Rubio

Mike Huckabee

Ben Carson

Ted Cruz

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Donald Trump

John Kasich

Carly Fiorina

Rick Perry

Lindsay Graham

George Pataki

Bobby Jindal

Other-vol

None of theses-vol

Would not vote-vol

No opinion
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Jeb still in 1st place among Republicans with 13%, Rand and Walker have 11%. Jeb's support drops to 3rd place with 11% once Independents are also counted.

Sanders in 3rd place with Democrats polling at 10%

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    But also high unfavorable. 40% (same as Huckabee, Santorum) vs 38 for cruz and 31 for Walker and Rubio
    31% net favorable, though. Ties Rubio. Jeb is the only one higher at 32%
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Looks like its gonna be between Walker and Rand

"Bush, Paul and Rubio appeal about equally to men and women. Walker's support is greater among men than women."

Quote Originally Posted by shenmue View Post
    Looks like its gonna be between Walker and Rand
    More like Rand vs Everyone Else (and as far as the pundits are concerned, "Everyone else vs Everyone Else, and Rand (who can't win)"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so he got an NSA fili-bump?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Yes!!!

Btw, the poll is conducted 28-31st May, after his filibuster, but before his Patriot Act victory.

Now the campaign needs to push the narrative: Leading nationally in the polls, polling best against Hillary, and beating her in key swing states. In addition they can mention being tied for 1st in New Hampshire, tied for 2nd in Iowa.

Scott Walker is riding high in Iowa, and ties Rand for this national poll. But who does best against against Hillary nationally - AND in his home state of Wisconsin? Rand Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    31% net favorable, though. Ties Rubio. Jeb is the only one higher at 32%
    Right, 31% favorable vs 31% unfavorable just means low recognition.

But no worries, establishment republicans have a big hard on for him, he'll be flavor of the month soon enough

I would have liked to see the polls conducted just a couple days later and having Rand out in front by a few points and beating Clinton. Would be slap in the face to the media pundits saying that Rand killed his chances at getting the nomination by going up against the NSA.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Multiple choice (pick 1): Fox News is going to

A.) Ignore the poll entirely

B.) Show the poll but exclude Rand

C.) "Accidentally" put Rand's portrait over a low polling candidate

And mostly for the laughs I'll include D

D.) Actually show the real poll as is and provide adequate coverage
    Last edited by libertyplz; 06-02-2015 at 09:22 AM.

I believe Walker has been given orders to stay low key due to his corruption problem. http://www.drudge.com/news/186737/sc...ion-case-lives The GOP are trying to preserve him as their backup if their favorites Bush/Rubio fail. Of course, Rubio has not been fully exposed. http://blog.reidreport.com/2010/10/j...omment-page-1/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coming up on Fox News-

"Scott walker stuns pollsters with strong number 2 showing with Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio in the top tier. Donald trump and his hair also make a respectable showing"

It's amazing how strong Walker has remained in Iowa, NH, and national polls despite not even announcing that he's running yet.

we need more light and exposure on Walker; he's staying high b/c people have not scrutinized him yet.. it's still too early to be a front-runner yet, but front runners will start emerging come debate time. I can't wait to see Rand in action at the debates!

That's what I'm talking about!!
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It's amazing how strong Walker has remained in Iowa, NH, and national polls despite not even announcing that he's running yet.
    Nothing amazing about it at all. He's a prime candidate for POTUS. Three times elected statewide in a state the GOP could really use. Pretty tough executive decision making, that has broken the back of one of the WI-GOP's biggest political enemies. These are all things that enamor him to the Republican primary electorate.

That's OK. We've seen his game. Now, we're getting to see Rand's game. And so far, it looks pretty good...
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Name:  CGfpSAKUQAAdYiI.png
Views: 0
Size:  53.0 KB
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardAlpert View Post
    we need more light and exposure on Walker; he's staying high b/c people have not scrutinized him yet.. it's still too early to be a front-runner yet, but front runners will start emerging come debate time. I can't wait to see Rand in action at the debates!
    Yeah, most people know that he stood up to the Unions, and has the reputation of being fiscally conservative. That's about it.

What has bumped Walker recently is his stand on jobs for Americans before new immigrants. I suspect that comes from neoconservative advisers such as Bill Kristol. Kristol tried this out with Tom Cotton, and it was very successful. Just fake lip service, but it gets them elected. Carly Fiorina is doing it too, which is so ironic, as she is the stereotype of the elitist crony corporatist who lays-off Americans and replaces them with imported workers.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Fox News Update.

"Walker leads GOP pack Nationally. Bush,Rubio Tied for Third"
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Fox News Update.

Joke or serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Fox News Update.

Fox News is not mentioning this poll at all, unless it is mentioned briefly with regard to Hillary. The other new CNN poll is the one they are using, and even then, they hate to mention that Rand does best against Hillary.

We need to push this out on social media as much as we can over the next couple of days. This is the narrative that is developing and we need to help it along as much as possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast