Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: *LIVE STREAM* Rand Paul to end Patriot Act - Sunday 4pm EST

If the Senate passes anything other than the USA Freedom Act, the House will have to greenlight it as well. House lawmakers return to Washington on Monday evening and will have to decide if any changes made by McConnell are acceptable.
    This is good. The fight is just beginning. The House will basically start over now, since the Patriot Act is now out of the way. Many of the concessions made in the House on the Freedom Act were because it was "better than" the Patriot Act.

So begins round 2, the fight over the Amendments....
    Uncensored Health Freedom News:
    http://healthimpactnews.com/

Yes, I believe the science of vaccines is settled - Zippyjuan Team

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    This is good. The fight is just beginning. The House will basically start over now, since the Patriot Act is now out of the way. Many of the concessions made in the House on the Freedom Act were because it was "better than" the Patriot Act.

So begins round 2, the fight over the Amendments....
    I don't think that the House is going to just roll over and play dead with whatever amended version the Senate sends back to them. This could be the beginning of a protracted back-and-forth. And, the longer we go without a replacement for the expired provisions of the so-called Patriot Act, without the world coming to an end, the more likely it becomes that those provisions are replaced by...nothing.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    I don't think that the House is going to just roll over and play dead with whatever amended version the Senate sends back to them. This could be the beginning of a protracted back-and-forth. And, the longer we go without a replacement for the expired provisions of the so-called Patriot Act, without the world coming to an end, the more likely it becomes that those provisions are replaced by...nothing.
    I'm definitely missing something here...didn't Mitch just totally screw himself by amending the bill instead of passing it? Now he may get nothing. No? Why does he think that the House will rubber stamp his amendment?

Also: Can we have a news interview with Mitch and ask him which lobbyists wrote his amendment?

Bingo

Right about now, McCain and Graham in the their underwater volcano lair must be all...

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'm definitely missing something here...didn't Mitch just totally screw himself by amending the bill instead of passing it? Now he may get nothing. No? Why does he think that the House will rubber stamp his amendment?

Also: Can we have a news interview with Mitch and ask him which lobbyists wrote his amendment?
    Yeah, amending it does come with some risk of further delay, but maybe since it's already delayed past the deadline he sees an opportunity. It did overwhelmingly pass the House so it has a good chance of passing again with some tweaks. Although, if it is McConnell's amendments and not Rand's amendments, I think they may be taking the bill in the wrong direction.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Bingo

Right about now, McCain and Graham in the their underwater volcano lair must be all...
    At first I read this as "McCain and Graham in their underwear.." Not sure how my mind went there..

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At first I read this as "McCain and Graham in their underwear.." Not sure how my mind went there..
    Mindbleach needed now
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

McConnell didn't amend the bill. He filled the amendment tree. It's a procedural tactic to block other Senators from offering amendments and only his amendments can be voted on. His amendments probably won't pass and the Senate will likely pass the bill unamended.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    McConnell didn't amend the bill. He filled the amendment tree. It's a procedural tactic to block other Senators from offering amendments and only his amendments can be voted on. His amendments probably won't pass and the Senate will likely pass the bill unamended.
    Ah! Interesting. Thanks!

Mindbleach needed now
    And now you're gonna need some eyebleach, too ...
    "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana (paraphrase)

Unfortunately, those who do learn from history are doomed to repeat it, too - because they unwisely imagine that what they've learned makes them clever enough to get away with it this time ...

MOFA - Make Orwell Fiction Again

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

I looked for that lemon party gif but came up empty.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

This has been an emotional day for us supporters of Paul and the rule of law! Just want to raise a glass to my brothers (includes sisters) in arms for the cause of Freedom!

I've learned over the years here to not be so invested in politics (following Jesus is way more scary/interesting), but tonight isn't for big debates--it's a tiny victory for justice against the oppressors of the oppressed. Hazzah!!

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    He brought up stuff about the military budget, a beer week observance and an appointments bill. It wasn't all about NSA.

It looked shady but maybe it's standard procedure. Dunno. Though the President acknowledged "seconds" that didn't exist and counted McConnell's silent and sole "aye" votes as passing whatever he was offering up.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-01-2015 at 01:52 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    These Senators are retarded, they want to yap yap yap about doing the right thing and getting the proper legislation passed at the right time and they use this time to bull$#@! about how sorry they are for Joe Biden. There is a time for legislation and there is a time for mourning outside of the session.
    C'mon, Joe is important.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Since the vote next week will essentially be to reinstate the Patriot Act, does that mean that the house will have to vote on the USA Freedom Act again as well?
    If the Senate Amends it, the House will have to vote on concurrence.

And Rand Paul did it.

So what's about to expire now? The "FREEDOM" Act?
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112