View Poll Results: Is ALPAC's new ad fiery or awful?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fiery! Thumbs up!

8 22.22%
  • Awful! Thumbs down!

30 83.33%
  • Kludge is a douche.

12 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New ALPAC ad fiery or awful?

New ALPAC ad fiery or awful?

Fiery or awful?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the Rand head movement at the beginning. is he supposed to be sucking cock? or drugged?

maybe by 'fiery' they meant suicidal?

No one will ever donate again.

Well there is fire..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

First bump. What do you think. Fiery or awful?

What the hell did I just watch? It looks like an ad my son would've made when he was 9.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    the Rand head movement at the beginning. is he supposed to be sucking cock? or drugged?

Meh. I didn't think of either. So, I can't vote. Also, I don't know who is kludge. Is that the bitcoin machine guy, Phill? I think that's a pump and dump thing, that bitcoin, so he might be a douche. I don't know. Can't say for sure. Wouldn't be fair to call a feller a douche if maybe he isn't and he's just confused with somone else. Heh...
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-29-2015 at 05:51 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol, Occam and Suz. I should have known better than to make multiple voting an option.

There's not enough lipstick in the world to pretty up that pig

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Meh. I didn't think of either. So, I can't vote. Also, I don't know who is kludge. Is that the bitcoin machine guy, Phill? I think that's a pump and dump thing, that bitcoin, so he might be a douche. I don't know. Can't say for sure. Wouldn't be fair to call a feller a douche if maybe he isn't and he's just confused with somone else. Heh...
    It's an ole timer tradition. No poll is official without it. Send a PM to amy31416. She'll put you in the "know."

After looking elsewhere for people's reactions, I think RPF has taken this ad the most seriously out of anybody. Yes it's dumb, but that was the point. I warmed up to it a little after getting past the initial shock.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Bill says it best:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The ad is retarded.

Awful is leading Kludge, Amy will be happy...I think.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    same brand of offbeat humor as 'kludge is a douchebag'

approximately as offputting too (zero to me)

reminds me of this:

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-uni...line-game.html
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

It's not awful. I like the style of it. But there's no point to it. So I'd just say useless, rather than awful.

200,000 views. 500,000 soon?

Ad gave me an epileptic seizures.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I like the part where the kid was pushing the hell out of that stroller. He was pushing it so hard, the pavement caught on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    200,000 views. 500,000 soon?
    You say that like it's a good thing.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    I like the part where the kid was pushing the hell out of that stroller. He was pushing it so hard, the pavement caught on fire!
    Hahaha! That was some sick $#@! man. Like, there must be a deeper meaning. And, like, $#@!.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol, Occam and Suz. I should have known better than to make multiple voting an option.
    Well, hey, after all, the ad *is* awfully fiery ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Yall do understand that the ad was designed to be awful on purpose, right?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    And suckers paid money for that?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    then why is it that you didn't mark awful when you voted in the poll of this thread?
    Last edited by jj-; 05-30-2015 at 05:58 PM.

If I was Rand Paul I would be pissed about that ad. But I'm not Rand Paul.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast