Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-Paul group unleashes fiery attack ad

Left unsaid in the spot: One of Mr. Paul’s fiercest opponents in this showdown is his fellow Kentucky Republican and the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell.
    Oh Benton....
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    73% of those who like Cruz also like Paul. That is an asset Paul has. Keep that in mind, guys. They're not that different. Especially in the eyes of Cruz supporters. Maybe we should, oh, not make idiotic ads that make stupid, over-the-top attacks on Cruz. Mmm?

This New Ad for Rand Paul Has Everything, Including Fire-Breathing Eagles
    The first ad this cycle from America’s Liberty PAC is a doozy.
    By David Weigel - May 29, 2015

America’s Liberty PAC has not been a major player in campaigns. In the 2014 cycle, the Virginia-based group made just one independent expenditure, for North Carolina candidate Greg Brannon’s failed Senate bid. This year it has relaunched as a pro-Rand Paul PAC, chaired by Campaign for Liberty president John Tate, but its fundraising has stayed in the six-figure range.

The first rule of the Internet: If you want attention, pour on the memes. The PAC’s debut ad for Paul, "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday," begins with a fire-breathing eagle and features an announcer affecting his best monster-truck promo twang to promote this weekend's PATRIOT Act debate.

https://youtu.be/Q7qy-4CBBZo

Some artistic liberties are taken with Rand Paul.

Texas Senator Ted Cruz, who joined Paul’s speaking marathon against the PATRIOT Act but supports the USA Freedom Act, is portrayed as the "capitulating Canadian."

And South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham is portrayed in a pink 1997 Geo Metro that catches on fire, art courtesy of Paul superfan Gage Skidmore.

Reached by e-mail, Graham spokesman Kevin Bishop only said that the ad reminded him of another ad from the 2012 Ron Paul campaign.

https://youtu.be/MXCZVmQ74OA
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...-for-rand-paul
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not only is it horribly made and not funny, but

1) Why would you attack Cruz at this point? To piss off his supporters?
    2) Why even mention Lindsey Graham? He's not a threat at all.
    3) They could have spent their time and money making an ad about how Rand was right about the weapons ending up in the wrong hands. Something to actually HELP Rand with what he is currently being attacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by logikal View Post
    1) Why would you attack Cruz at this point? To piss off his supporters?
    2) Why even mention Lindsey Graham? He's not a threat at all.
    3) They could have spent their time and money making an ad about how Rand was right about the weapons ending up in the wrong hands. Something to actually HELP Rand with what he is currently being attacked on.
    Here are your answers:

1. Benton
    2. Benton
    3. Benton

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    I'm pretty sure Peter Thiel is a big fan and friend of Ted Cruz.

However, Cruz actually DID show up for the filibuster.
    Has Benton lost his mind? What the hell is he doing?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is sabotage folks, pure and simple. There's no doubt Benton is working for other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    This is sabotage folks, pure and simple. There's no doubt Benton is working for other interests.
    FLASHBACK: Benton gives Santorum the victory in Iowa.

At this point, we know with certainty that Benton thought it was a good idea to pursue Sorenson. Though there is no smoking gun that has emerged, yet, that shows Benton was aware of the under the table payments to Sorenson, it is not difficult to suspect that he did know.

But the big question is why put so much effort into pursuing Sorenson anyway?

As a political operative pointed out to me, the only thing Sorenson moving over to the Ron Paul camp did was signal to voters that the failing Bachmann camp had collapsed. It caused Bachmann voters to move to Rick Santorum, not Ron.

In other words, the nutty under the table payoff to Sorenson probably cost Ron a first or second place finish in Iowa. Take a look for yourself.
    Source

Well Reason wrote about the ad and didn't think anything bad of it.
    http://reason.com/blog/2015/05/29/br...nd-pauls-aweso

Personally, I don't really understand why this Sunday's events need to be hyped up so much or why it needs to be trivialized into some kind of WWE match. It is a very serious and important debate after all. But I guess there's some kind of strategic thinking that went into it that I'm oblivious to. Maybe it will all make more sense after Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Bingo!

It's a joke and should be taken that way...
    Until the media f***s make a headline story that there is a Feud between Rand and Cruz.

Which Cruz supporters will ultimately see.

Do you ever think about how things can be twisted?
    Last edited by Todd; 05-29-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

This is 100% embarrassing. There is NOTHING funny about it. Is there anyway it could be stopped from airing? I'd rather they lose the money and show nothing than to air this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
    This is 100% embarrassing. There is NOTHING funny about it. Is there anyway it could be stopped from airing? I'd rather they lose the money and show nothing than to air this.
    It's an online-only thing I'm sure. Political campaigns do this all the time.

If something is going to air on TV, it is almost always chopped down to a 30 second ad.
    Last edited by jct74; 05-29-2015 at 12:48 PM.

If it's just internet, then okay whatever. Attacking Cruz is stupid though since he might end up being on the right side of history on Sunday.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I'm not fallin' for the "It's a psych exercise of the uber-smart campaign team", this targets the cro magnon crowd.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So many knee-jerk reactions from you people its actually sad.

This is not a TV ad people, its strictly for digital purposes. Its a fun and light hearted TEST at making viral videos which has a goal of letting people know there is an epic event coming on Sunday. This ad is strategic, it is claiming Rand is for privacy rights and that Ted Cruz isn't (just like team Obama) and that its all going down Sunday.

I'm glad they're testing this stuff out now rather than later, if it works it works, if it doesn't work they'll learn from it and make it even more shareable. Its the entire reason why Rand is putting so much emphasis on the digital world in his campaign. Getting virality on social media is much cheaper than paying for TV ads.

Read between the lines, if you see people sharing this video on social media then it will have served its value.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-29-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And nearly all the comments overwhelmingly positive. Guess rpf'ers just have sticks up their posteriors.
    I would remind you that Reason commenters are mostly contrarians. Say anything contrarian, and they will eat it up.

I don't really have a problem with the message of the ad, it's just that it sucks. The voice-over is terrible. The editing is bad. And it's not visually appealing in any way.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I would remind you that Reason commenters are mostly contrarians. Say anything contrarian, and they will eat it up.
    My past impression was that they were all retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I don't really have a problem with the message of the ad, it's just that it sucks. The voice-over is terrible. The editing is bad. And it's not visually appealing in any way.
    I'm pretty sure that was all on purpose; kinda the point.

Not clever enough.

Initial impression: amateurish

Upon further review: shockingly amateurish and indicative of very poor judgment and thus zero surprise Benton was involved.

If you were looking for a reason to withhold funds from anything related to Jesse Benton, here it is.

That was truly terrible. The voice over alone ruined it.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    No, it's just stupid.

It would be ok if this was just some goofy fan made ad but this is from one of the major SuperPAC's which makes it stupid.
    Agreed.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Initial opinion: They didn't spend a lot of money on this, on both the production or airing. (Internet only and I haven't seen this pushed in any Google ads.) But I have noticed a lot of media on this. I think this was a net positive.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    So many knee-jerk reactions from you people its actually sad.

This is not a TV ad people, its strictly for digital purposes. Its a fun and light hearted TEST at making viral videos which has a goal of letting people know there is an epic event coming on Sunday. This ad is strategic, it is claiming Rand is for privacy rights and that Ted Cruz isn't (just like team Obama) and that its all going down Sunday.

I'm glad they're testing this stuff out now rather than later, if it works it works, if it doesn't work they'll learn from it and make it even more shareable. Its the entire reason why Rand is putting so much emphasis on the digital world in his campaign. Getting virality on social media is much cheaper than paying for TV ads.

Read between the lines, if you see people sharing this video on social media then it will have served its value.
    The PATRIOT Act filibuster was a major maneuver with far-reaching consequences for Rand Paul, us and the nation.

And Benton has given the media the perfect distraction. If it all comes to naught, this will be why.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And Benton has given the media the perfect distraction. If it all comes to naught, this will be why.
    Let's turn the hyperbole down a notch shall we? I hear Benton is going to eat live puppies while holding up a "sunset the patriot act" sign in front of the senate on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The PATRIOT Act filibuster was a major maneuver with far-reaching consequences for Rand Paul, us and the nation.

Distraction from what? Most people are not at home on a Sunday so they are already naturally inclined to be distracted from the event on Sunday. I think they want as many eyes on Rand this Sunday as possible so they can fundraise for the campaign so if it takes a cheesy internet video to get people to realize that the thing they've been waiting to see all these years is finally going down on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, then so be it.

Don't you get it?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Let's turn the hyperbole down a notch shall we? I hear Benton is going to eat live puppies while holding up a "sunset the patriot act" sign in front of the senate on sunday.
    If there was a buck to be made at 'his' candidates expense I wouldn't put it past him.

I get it but I still don't like it.

Thankfully, this product has a shelf life of less than a week.

Meanwhile, now we know if we want to send our hard-earned money to ALPACa or not.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Distraction from what? Most people are not at home on a Sunday so they are already naturally inclined to be distracted from the event on Sunday. I think they want as many eyes on Rand this Sunday as possible so they can fundraise for the campaign so if it takes a cheesy internet video to get people to realize that the thing they've been waiting to see all these years is finally going down on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, then so be it.

Don't you get it?
    No. I don't. It is absolutely beyond me. I guess I expect more from a presidential contender and those working for him. I cannot think of a single voter that I know who would be enticed to...well, do any damn thing but shake their head after watching this ad. Certainly not contribute to a PAC that would make an ad such as this.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast