Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-Paul group unleashes fiery attack ad

Did anybody really expect better from Benton??? A big part of his "job" is to take down Rand (and the Pauls as a presidential political force) from the inside. If people haven't figured that out yet then they haven't been paying enough attention to the details.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-29-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    This is what low budget, trying to look amateur, hilarious, looks like when made by professionals.

By the way folks watch this it's great.
    the rEVOLution begins!

Probably not the best idea to be "negative" about Cruz directly, even though he has thrown a few barbs at Rand in the past. He is often on the same side. It might be more helpful just to point out positions that Cruz has been taking that are not popular with most of his supporters, such as supporting TPA/TPP, and supporting increased immigration. That is news to a lot of his supporters, except the ones in the media, who do their best to cover up when Cruz takes a position they know will be unpopular.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The correct course of action is just to send money and to STFU? Been there. Done that. No thanks. Clear reasoned thinking requires critique.

cri·tique
    kriˈtēk/Submit
    noun
    a detailed analysis and assessment of something, especially a literary, philosophical, or political theory.
    Nope, but I can't even tell you how many times people have declared that Rand's presidential chances are over or something similar to that. There's rational/reasoned criticism and then there's overreaction/irrational criticism.

I'm no Benton fan, but I think it's alright as a viral web video.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So I have a friend who refuses to register as a Republican sharing this video and saying its funny.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

For all those who think this ad is somehow "harmful" ... I would like to see your polling data on how the average voter reacts to the ad... tell us please how many people you polled to know that the ad was a disaster....

Oh, and nevermind the fact that almost no voters will actually ever see it
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    From the article:
    Technically, the ad is not endorsed by Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)’s campaign, but the Super PAC is endorsed by Paul and led by former campaign strategist Jesse Benton, who married into the Paul family and worked for not only Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)s Senate campaign but also Ron Paul’s 2008 presidential campaign.
    How can the Super PAC be endorsed by Paul?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Oh, and nevermind the fact that almost no voters will actually ever see it
    Then why your thumbs up? I thought you were the expert in campaigning techniques.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    People, this is supposed to be a cheesy ad that people talk about how cheesy it is so even more people watching and tell other people how cheesy it is. The point is to get you to remember that something is going to happen Sunday.

You're all here crying about how much it sucked but it worked on you, didn't it?

The same Jesse Benton and John Tate that were senior officials in Ron Paul's official campaign that made the big dog ad are the same senior officials that made this ad. You think they can't replicate the quality and messaging of the big dog ad if they wanted to?

This is supposed to be an internet campaign, how is this so much different than the other ridiculous internet memes and videos that have been talked about so much.

Is RPF so blinded with hatred for Benton that you guys can't see the blatantly obvious? :roll eyes:
    Exactly. Nail on the head.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Teh Collinz will call grassroots efforts infantile and destructive to the official campaign.
    Only the ones that are

Ah. The 2016 season has officially begun.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Probably not the best idea to be "negative" about Cruz directly, even though he has thrown a few barbs at Rand in the past. He is often on the same side. It might be more helpful just to point out positions that Cruz has been taking that are not popular with most of his supporters, such as supporting TPA/TPP, and supporting increased immigration. That is news to a lot of his supporters, except the ones in the media, who do their best to cover up when Cruz takes a position they know will be unpopular.
    I agree but wish Cruz would just go back to playing Reverend Newlin in True Blood.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Then why your thumbs up? I thought you were the expert in campaigning techniques.
    Because the ad has a very specific purpose, and winning over voters is probably not one of them. There are other reasons to run ads besides just winning votes (such as drawing attention to something the opposition doesn't want, or trying to get the opposition to respond and get them off message, or branding, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Could this ad be Rand Paul's "Howard Dean" moment?

This actually makes me ashamed to be a supporter. I feel embarassed watching it.

Jesse Benton does not have the experience, the demeanor, or even the maturity one would expect from the leader of a large organization. It's like sticking a little league pitcher in a big league game. He's just out of place, an obstuction in the organization. All workflow is intentionally diverted around him to avoid his clumsy touch. Like a boulder sitting in the middle of a stream.

The first rule of business, is you never hire your family. The chances that the best possible person for the job just happens to also be your family member is about 1000 to 1. Keep in mind, Benton didn't get to his position because of his qualifications, he got there out of nepotism. And the movement has had a heck of a time trying to get rid of him. He's digging in his fingernails, clinging to us like a tick on a wolfs back. We need to shake him off.

Keeping Benton away from the campaign was a great move by Rand. Political campaigns are more than just a test of political persuasion, it's also a test to see which candidate has the chops to successfully lead an organization and hire the right people for the job. This is where Ron failed, and Rand is succeeding. But letting Benton head the SuperPac? Foolish. Like when I was a kid, my mom would tell me to pick up my clothes, so I just shoved them all under the bed. I didn't solve the problem, I just tried to conceal it.

Sometimes you have to be the bad guy. If someone is overpromoted, you need to cut them down to size. If someone is repeatedly screwing up, you need to let him go. Because in the end, it's not about him, it's about the final product you are presenting to the consumer. It's about the jobs of everyone else in the company that are at risk because of the bumbling manager.
    You don't have any clue what you're talking about...

Whoah. It worked? Heh...

http://rt.com/usa/263381-super-pac-casts-rand-wwe/

You know we get billions of views at RT on these articles and op-eds. Youtube alone has already surpassed 3 billion views which leads any news network on youtube. Scwewy stuff. Seems like the silly stuff wins out in society these days.

Comments are now open. Who wants to comment first?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 05-29-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Because the ad has a very specific purpose, and winning over voters is probably not one of them. There are other reasons to run ads besides just winning votes (such as drawing attention to something the opposition doesn't want, or trying to get the opposition to respond and get them off message, or branding, etc).
    Well then, it is brilliant! Who needs voters when you are trying to win an election.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Think it will make Drudge?

Life, Liberty, Logic

And not even a passing mention of the fact that Rand and Cruz were on opposite sides of the TPA/TPP votes. Imagine that. An article about their differences ignores the other big vote where they disagreed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't have any clue what you're talking about...
    Care to elaborate ?

That was an absolutely awful ad. One of the worst I've ever seen.

The comments on the Breitbart article clearly demonstrate why attacking Cruz at this point in time was a really stupid idea.

ETA -- Breitbart, which has been overwhelmingly favorable to Paul so far, has just united in hatred of Paul and support of Cruz.

Great job dimwits.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Care to elaborate ?
    Don't ask.

Kind of reminds me of this ad. Except that Herman Cain's ad was at least humorous and epic because of its oddness.

My response:

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The comments on the Breitbart article clearly demonstrate why attacking Cruz at this point in time was a really stupid idea.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

ETA -- Breitbart, which has been overwhelmingly favorable to Paul so far, has just united in hatred of Paul and support of Cruz.

Great job dimwits.
    No. Matthew Boyle has been favorable to Paul. Breitbart is a Cruz support site and has been so for at least half a year. There are plenty of Cruz and Walker shills there.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast