Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul to push for declassification of 28 pages of 9/11 report

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Shep Smith seemed to indicate that.. I think Massie could do the same.
    Except for how could they do that given the restrictions:
    Members of Congress with a security clearance can read the 28 pages in a secure room in the basement of the U.S. Capitol after first writing to the chairman and the ranking member of the Intelligence Committee for permission. Members can’t take notes or bring a staffer
    How can you be expected to read it into the record if you have to read it in a secure room and can't take notes? It sounds like that question is a red herring meant to attempt to discredit these truth seekers when they know full well they can't do it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    How can you be expected to read it into the record if you have to read it in a secure room and can't take notes? It sounds like that question is a red herring meant to attempt to discredit these truth seekers when they know full well they can't do it.
    I guess you'd need photographic memory.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Interesting question. My best guess is 50/50. The time is right for it. Those who oppose this will look silly and hateful rather than strong and righteous.
    (Press Release)
    Sneaky, shady, dishonest Presidential Candidates that can't be trusted.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    I guess you'd need photographic memory.
    Right, and people would just have to "trust" that you remembered it exactly right and didn't forget or change anything on purpose. like I said, its a question meant to discredit and a bunch of b.s..

If this has been seen by as many people as claimed, this is not a winnable position for the other side.

We fight hard, lots of publicity. lose.

One of many people who have seen it leaks it to wikileaks.

Huge egg on opposing side. An even bigger win. losing may be winning.

I bet we win the vote.

combining two ideas from above- leak it to wikileaks - *someone*, then use the wikileaks copy to read it into the congressional record.

provided the next two weeks is filled with press by the usual opposing it. they will look really bad after that, if it says what many think it says.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    If this has been seen by as many people as claimed, this is not a winnable position for the other side.

We fight hard, lots of publicity. lose.

One of many people who have seen it leaks it to wikileaks.

Huge egg on opposing side. An even bigger win. losing may be winning.

I bet we win the vote.
    So you are proposing some congress person stuff it up their ass to sneak it out of the "secure" room, then somehow leak it to WikiLeaks?

He would only need to commit the juiciest 1-3 sentences to memory for it to be effective. The rest can just be summarized.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Interesting question. My best guess is 50/50. The time is right for it. Those who oppose this will look silly and hateful rather than strong and righteous.
    At least Rand is getting out in front on this. I smell a huge opportunity. I think Rand can even more easily win this argument than the NSA one. If you're against transparency you look bad, and if you're for transparency then you are following Rand's bold leadership. And there is the added bonus of getting to see the content if successful, which could in itself be good for Rand.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

So you are proposing some congress person stuff it up their ass to sneak it out of the "secure" room, then somehow leak it to WikiLeaks?
    This is the stuff dream tp is made of - to paraphrase Maltese Falcon. So, basically yes.

But a miniature hidden spy camera would probably work better.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kentucky local news channel WKYT's report on this:

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    Kentucky local news channel WKYT's report on this:

You would think this would be all over National TV, these are the 9/11 families that are still not getting answers.

Don't let this subject be dropped and ignored, after so long their do what we damned well please politics will work against them.
    FJB

LOL@a Senator keistering 28 pages in a secure room in the Capitol. That's South Park stuff.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Massie said in an interview that he has read the report. The summary he gave was that it would be embarrassing, but needs to be out there and won't pose a threat to national security.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    LOL@a Senator keistering 28 pages in a secure room in the Capitol. That's South Park stuff.
    A wikileaks of the 28 pages WOULD keep it in the news.

Reading it in the record would keep it from being censured here, and keep the debate going.

Civil disobediance is called for here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12