Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul to push for declassification of 28 pages of 9/11 report

Rand Paul to push for declassification of 28 pages of 9/11 report

Rand Paul, Ron Wyden to Introduce 28 Pages Resolution in Senate

By Brian McGlinchey
    May 28, 2015

The growing, nonpartisan drive to declassify a 28-page finding on foreign government support of the 9/11 hijackers is about to take an enormous step forward with the introduction of a Senate resolution urging the president to release the material to the public. Dramatically compounding the issue’s visibility, the resolution is being introduced by high-profile Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul of Kentucky.

A spokesperson for Senator Paul told 28Pages.org that Oregon Democrat Ron Wyden will cosponsor the resolution, which will serve as the upper chamber’s companion to House Resolution 14.

Paul will unveil the Transparency for the Families of 9/11 Victims Act at an outdoor Capitol Hill press conference on Tuesday, June 2 at 10:00 am, joined by Representatives Walter Jones (R,NC), Stephen Lynch (D, MA), Thomas Massie (R, KY) and former Democratic Senator Bob Graham.

More:
    http://28pages.org/2015/05/28/major-...ion-in-senate/
    Last edited by jct74; 05-28-2015 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add article

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul, Ron Wyden to Introduce 28 Pages Resolution in Senate

By Brian McGlinchey

The growing, nonpartisan drive to declassify a 28-page finding on foreign government support of the 9/11 hijackers is about to take an enormous step forward with the introduction of a Senate resolution urging the president to release the material to the public. Dramatically compounding the issue’s visibility, the resolution is being introduced by high-profile Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul of Kentucky.

A spokesperson for Senator Paul told 28Pages.org that Oregon Democrat Ron Wyden will cosponsor the resolution, which will serve as the upper chamber’s companion to House Resolution 14.

Paul will unveil the Transparency for the Families of 9/11 Victims Act at an outdoor Capitol Hill press conference on Tuesday, June 2 at 10:00 am, joined by Representatives Walter Jones (R,NC), Stephen Lynch (D, MA), Thomas Massie (R, KY) and former Democratic Senator Bob Graham.

More:
    http://28pages.org/2015/05/28/major-...ion-in-senate/

First blowback and now this?

Rand, you're making me blush.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Rand is really staking out his own territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Cool!

As indicated both by the press and member of congress that have read those documents, they deal about Saudi Arabia's involvement. Not just some Saudi prince (there are 10000+ of them) giving money, but officials at very high levels giving crucial, coordinating support. It fills nicely in with Rand's previous call for individuals and american companies to boycott Saudi Arabia until they stop funding terrorists. America is almost energy independent, and has no use for the Saudi's anymore. The neocons and establishment democrats just haven't discovered it yet.

It's not like Saudi Arabia even pretends to care about the US anymore. They gave the US only a few days notice before they started the current war in Yemen, which they obviously had been planning for months, and after Obama announced that king Salman would be at Camp David, Salman snubbed him, and instead decided to use the time in deep conversation with Wahhabi religious leaders. (Invented in the 1800's, it's the only strain of Islam that demands that there should only be one strain of Islam. All others who are not part of this fringe sect should be converted to their cause or... slaughtered. It's also the strain of Islam that Al Qaeda and ISIS belong to.)

Not like his father they said....

A sellout they said...

A war hawk they said.....

was going to build my home from steel beams, but decided to go with wood since its less likely to fully collapse if a plane hits it
    LOFL

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Cool!

As indicated both by the press and member of congress that have read those documents, they deal about Saudi Arabia's involvement. Not just some Saudi prince (there are 10000+ of them) giving money, but officials at very high levels giving crucial, coordinating support. It fills nicely in with Rand's previous call for individuals and american companies to boycott Saudi Arabia until they stop funding terrorists. America is almost energy independent, and has no use for the Saudi's anymore. The neocons and establishment democrats just haven't discovered it yet.

It's not like Saudi Arabia even pretends to care about the US anymore. They gave the US only a few days notice before they started the current war in Yemen, which they obviously had been planning for months, and after Obama announced that king Salman would be at Camp David, Salman snubbed him, and instead decided to use the time in deep conversation with Wahhabi religious leaders. (Invented in the 1800's, it's the only strain of Islam that demands that there should only be one strain of Islam. All others who are not part of this fringe sect should be converted to their cause or... slaughtered. It's also the strain of Islam that Al Qaeda and ISIS belong to.)
    So Israeli involvement has been left out of the report?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So Israeli involvement has been left out of the report?
    Maybe?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

So does this mean Randal has read the 28pages now? Or is he pushing for this without having done so?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So does this mean Randal has read the 28pages now? Or is he pushing for this without having done so?
    former Senator Graham co-chaired the joint inquiry that produced these now omitted 28 pages . . .
    pretty sure Rand and the others know the substance of its contents.

Good question - I would hope so, but I'm sure at minimum he has talked to Massie and others about it (maybe not the 'secret' details).
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"Another mystery: Why'd Zacharias Mo ussaoui (so-called 20th 9/11 hijacker) have #Blackwater's number in his notebook" https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/st...38712516939776

He is getting a lot of applause for this from Democrat, anti-Bush/Cheney voters.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Judge Napolitano says here that there are more than just 28 pages. There are ~80,000 pages.

RVO˩UTION

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judge Napolitano says here that there are more than just 28 pages. There are ~80,000 pages.

RVO˩UTION

Press conference will be live streamed here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDiEHxbyqyI

WHEN: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 10am ET

WHERE: House Triangle, the Capitol’s East Front (Rain alternative: Capitol Visitor Center SVC 201)

WHO: Sen. Rand Paul, Rep. Walter Jones, Rep. Stephen Lynch, Rep. Thomas Massie, Former Sen. Bob Graham.

Will not make us less secure ?

tube:

The Senate bill is S. 1471:

Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] - 6/1/2015
    Sen Paul, Rand [KY] (introduced 6/1/2015)
    Sen Wyden, Ron [OR] - 6/1/2015
    The House Resolution is H.Res. 14:

Rep Capuano, Michael E. [MA-7] - 2/5/2015
    Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-13] - 1/21/2015
    Rep Doggett, Lloyd [TX-35] - 2/11/2015
    Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 2/12/2015
    Rep Graham, Gwen [FL-2] - 4/30/2015
    Rep Grayson, Alan [FL-9] - 1/21/2015
    Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] (introduced 1/6/2015)
    Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 3/16/2015
    Rep Lynch, Stephen F. [MA-8] - 1/6/2015
    Rep Massie, Thomas [KY-4] - 1/6/2015
    Rep Peterson, Collin C. [MN-7] - 2/11/2015
    Rep Pocan, Mark [WI-2] - 1/21/2015
    Rep Posey, Bill [FL-8] - 2/13/2015
    Rep Sanford, Mark [SC-1] - 2/11/2015
    Rep Welch, Peter [VT] - 2/12/2015
    Rep Yoho, Ted S. [FL-3] - 2/13/2015

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    tube:

and some jpgs from this morning . . .

Last edited by Jan2017; 06-02-2015 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Not like his father they said....

A sellout they said...

A war hawk they said.....
    Points to sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Great press conference. Watched the entire thing and it was good.

Rand may be a first-term senator but he's doing something about all the important issues. He's very well positioned.
    "I am a bird"

How is the political landscape looking on this? How much of a chance do we have of getting this passed?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    How is the political landscape looking on this? How much of a chance do we have of getting this passed?
    Interesting question. My best guess is 50/50. The time is right for it. Those who oppose this will look silly and hateful rather than strong and righteous.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Great press conference. Watched the entire thing and it was good.

Rand may be a first-term senator but he's doing something about all the important issues. He's very well positioned.
    Judging by who the cosponsers are, it looks like its mostly the more independently minded politicians on both sides of the aisle supporting this. If it gets enough media attention, maybe it will change. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    tube:

Did I hear in there correctly 2 different reporters challenging Sen. Paul to read the 28pages in Senate because that would make him immune to prosecution?

Did I hear in there correctly 2 different reporters challenging Sen. Paul to read the 28pages in Senate because that would make him immune to prosecution?
    Shep Smith seemed to indicate that.. I think Massie could do the same.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast