Thread: Md. sheriff: Baltimore police dept. ‘eviscerated,’ cops ‘fearful’

Md. sheriff: Baltimore police dept. ‘eviscerated,’ cops ‘fearful’

Sheriff Mike Lewis of Wicomico County, Maryland, said the Baltimore Police Department has been “eviscerated” and police officers are fearful to do their jobs in the city rocked by violence following the death of Freddie Gray.

“The Baltimore City Police Department, the officers particularly on the street, have been eviscerated, they’ve been disemboweled, their guts removed to have the courage to go out there and do this job,” Mr. Lewis told Fox News’ Sean Hannity on Wednesday.

“They’re very fearful that if they go out there and be proactive, which we all should be doing in law enforcement today, we can’t afford to be reactive, especially in urban areas. Those officers are no longer being proactive, and as you see, the violence has surged,” he said. “And I hope this is a shot fired across the bow of mayors and urban leaders across this country. Once you disembowel your law enforcement officers, then you cannot no longer expect them to go out there and protect you, or protect your communities.

“This is very troubling the worst I’ve ever seen in 31 years of law enforcement,” the sheriff added. “I’m hearing it all the time. They’re [police officers] fearful at doing their jobs.”

Baltimore has seen 36 homicides so far this month, the highest homicide count for May since 1999, but arrests have plunged more than 50 percent compared to last year, according to the Associated Press.

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said last week that his officers “are not holding back” from policing tough neighborhoods, but they are encountering dangerous hostility in the Western District.

“Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time,” Commissioner Batts said.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3bSpTqYtu
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    eviscerated? dang, for a second there I...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

eviscerated was used in the right context here. They're 'fearful', because they don't have any guts.

Our officers tell me that when officers pull up, they have 30 to 50 people surrounding them at any time,” Commissioner Batts said.

sounds like a good idea.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 05-28-2015 at 01:51 PM.

“They’re very fearful that if they go out there and be proactive, which we all should be doing in law enforcement today, we can’t afford to be reactive, especially in urban areas. Those officers are no longer being proactive, and as you see, the violence has surged,” he said. “And I hope this is a shot fired across the bow of mayors and urban leaders across this country. Once you disembowel your law enforcement officers, then you cannot no longer expect them to go out there and protect you, or protect your communities.
    Nicely veiled threat there.

Years and years and years of abuse at the hands of cops had nothing to do with any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nicely veiled threat there.

Years and years and years of abuse at the hands of cops had nothing to do with any of this.
    What kind of English is "cannot no longer?"

If they tried to do what they do without the uniforms and badges, the mobs would already have torn them limb from limb. The people have just had enough of revenue-driven fines and imprisonments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    What kind of English is "cannot no longer?"

I guess the double negs cancel each other out.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

So should I assume all of these disenfranchised Baltimore police have found productive employment in the private sector?

Lol.

By all means, if they're ready to jump, they ought to.

Here's to hoping the cirrhosis flares up and they go the way of Al Capone.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They should quit and just let elected Sheriffs appoint volunteer deputies when they need them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.