Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter King: "Rand Paul doesn't belong in the GOP"

Peter King: "Rand Paul doesn't belong in the GOP"

http://www.msnbc.com/andrea-mitchell-reports/watch/gop-rep--rand-paul-is-not-fit-to-be-president-453343299892

Quote Originally Posted by MSNBC
    Andrea Mitchell talks with Rep. Peter King about concerns over the accidental mailing of anthrax to 19 labs in the U.S. and an American military base in South Korea. King also responds to Rand Paul's remarks that ISIS was created by Republican hawks.
    King, Graham, Santorum, Christie, Jindal...

Paul has all the right enemies. Take note, primary voters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Says the guy who's a huge supporter of gun control and is one of the most liberal members of the house.

The unfortunate thing for Paul is that the left can easily just sit back and watch the right eats it own, but now Paul just needs to stay on the offensive and strike back. None of this turn the other cheek nonsense. Call out your opponents for who and what they are, but with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    The unfortunate thing for Paul is that the left can easily just sit back and watch the right eats it own, but now Paul just needs to stay on the offensive and strike back. None of this turn the other cheek nonsense. Call out your opponents for who and what they are, but with facts.
    I agree he needs to destroy these people intellectually

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I agree he needs to destroy these people intellectually
    Not enough people paying attention now. Save the really killer soundbites and arguments for the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Not enough people paying attention now. Save the really killer soundbites and arguments for the debates.
    Everyone is paying attention now, they are especially paying attention to the polling for the debates- and it will only cause more blowback. The more blowback he gets the more headlines he gets and the higher he is in the polls. He is still less of a household name then bush or clinton, and he needs to get his name out there any way he can. It can only help him at this point to contrast against all those crazies running for the nomination.

If you do Pete, then Rand doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    If you do Pete, then Rand doesn't.
    They broke the 11th commandment, and then accuse him of breaking the cardinal rule of putting our people and our military in danger dishonoring veterans everywhere. He needs to double down on the fact that they have made us less safe and have gotten more of our people killed then 9/11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boy, they're really giving him crap over this.

All we need is for Rudy Giuliani to chime in to make the GOP disgust for Rand's heresy complete.

My advice, Rand, is to go even further now that they're all talking about you. That's what your dad did.

Show 'em how the Paul's do it.

Ultimately this is the "blowback" police all over again.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Show 'em how the Paul's do it.
    He wants to define the party, the party he is trying to define is dying he needs to shoot it, put it out of its misery and be the leader that the American people want. If he doesn't want to get drowned out by all of these clowns he needs to put them down a notch.

For Lawmaker Examining Terror, a Pro-I.R.A. Past

WASHINGTON — For Representative Peter T. King, as he seizes the national spotlight this week with a hearing on the radicalization of American Muslims, it is the most awkward of résumé entries. Long before he became an outspoken voice in Congress about the threat from terrorism, he was a fervent supporter of a terrorist group, the Irish Republican Army.

“We must pledge ourselves to support those brave men and women who this very moment are carrying forth the struggle against British imperialism in the streets of Belfast and Derry,” Mr. King told a pro-I.R.A. rally on Long Island, where he was serving as Nassau County comptroller, in 1982. Three years later he declared, “If civilians are killed in an attack on a military installation, it is certainly regrettable, but I will not morally blame the I.R.A. for it.”

read the rest here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/09/us...king.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Oh good find. Peter King supported the IRA a terrorist organisation

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Oh good find. Peter King supported the IRA a terrorist organisation
    Yes, yes he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, yes he has.
    I can't wait until the day Randal busts that out as a retort.

I am so torn about how to help Rand. I know money helps but I also know I have influence in my social network. I ask people a lot if we are going to let the media elect the President this time too. The media is already saying anyone but Paul. So many people are so influenced by the media it is going to be a tough fight for sure. I am hoping I can come up with a good meme other than "Stand with Rand".

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    As long as Rand is specific and personal. If he is striking back at Peter King, use his name. Don't be coy and use broad language. That runs the risk of offending people Rand is trying to win over.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Rand Paul doesn't belong in the GOP and Peter King does, then the GOP doesn't belong in the White House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

That Rand Paul is a real scoundrel....
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Everyone is paying attention now
    Not.

Peter King belongs in the DOC (Department of Corrections).
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

This is a crazy contest of epic proportions and the whole circus just hit town. Up next, the world's dumbest juggling clown in his leprechaun costume Peter King. If he doesn't drop his shamrocks, he's sure to screw up your shoe shine.

P.S. - I have about as much Irish ancestry as Pete does, so I can get away with this.

sometimes I feel the same way, that Rand would have it easier in a Dem primary against hawk Hillary. or as a 3rd party Rand-Wyden ticket. anti-war candidates do well in Dem primaries (Gene McCarthy, McGovern, Obama)

name one anti-war Republican who won the nomination.

Does Peter King also think that Eisenhower should not have been in the GOP?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Does Peter King also think that Eisenhower should not have been in the GOP?
    or Taft? or Goldwater? but the party has changed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    sometimes I feel the same way, that Rand would have it easier in a Dem primary against hawk Hillary. or as a 3rd party Rand-Wyden ticket. anti-war candidates do well in Dem primaries (Gene McCarthy, McGovern, Obama)

He'd have no shot as a 3rd party candidate, and in the dem primary they would criticize all he other positions. Bottom line is it doesn't matter what party you're in, if you're an outsider/non-establishment type it'll be tough to win.

Peter King is ready to throw half the GOP's history out the window--including some of its finest hours. I know somebody else he'd write out of the history books in a heartbeat (not that he's in 'em now)...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'To reduce war taxes is to give every home a better chance... Of all services which the Congress can render to the country I have no hesitation in declaring this one to be paramount.'--Calvin Coolidge
    'Proposals for promoting the peace of the world will have careful consideration. But we are not a people who are always seeking for a sign. We know that peace comes from honesty and fair dealing, from moderation, and a generous regard for the rights of others. The heart of the Nation is more important than treaties.'--Calvin Coolidge
    'Peace will come when there is realization that only under a reign of law, based on righteousness and supported by the religious conviction of the brotherhood of man, can there be any hope of a complete and satisfying life. Parchment will fail, the sword will fail, it is only the spiritual nature of man that can be triumphant.'--Calvin Coolidge

'A display of reason rather than a threat of force should be the determining factor in the intercourse among nations.'--[I]Calvin Coolidge
    It pays to find out little things like who Ron Paul's heroes are, and read up on them.

But you're right. Calvin had his heart in the right place, but Calvin got into the White House by walking across from the Exec Mansion after Harding died. But he would have been re-elected unto death, had he felt up to it, because he was the best.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-29-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

or Taft? or Goldwater? but the party has changed.
    I'd like to see Peter King justify the change, since Eisenhower led the defeat of the Axis Powers as Supreme Allied Commander but then used judicious restraint as Commander In Chief. Guess Peter King is wiser in the ways of foreign policy than Ike.

name one anti-war Republican who won the nomination
    Reagan? Eisenhower? Bush II (no nation building)? Hoover? Dole?
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-29-2015 at 09:11 PM.

Rand is correct to not give Peter King the time of day or mention his name. No point in attacking down at some buffoon when bigger fish are saying the same thing.

Rand Paul today on Chris Mathews" Hillary is the biggest warhawk of either party and I proposed a Declaration of War on ISIS. I don't want to do nothing. I want to do it Constitutionally."

His comments almost make me want to see Cruz get the nomination.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/03/...#ixzz3baXdqgQv
    Blitzer asked King if, despite his misgivings, he would support Cruz if he was able to get the nomination and King gave a childish answer.

“I hope that day never comes,” he said. “I will jump off that bridge when we come to it.”
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast