Thread: Scarborough: "If We Followed Rand Paul's Foreign Policy There Would Be No ISIS"

Scarborough: "If We Followed Rand Paul's Foreign Policy There Would Be No ISIS"

And, of course, that Hillary Clinton has managed to be continuously wrong on Iraq policy.

JOE SCARBOROUGH: I think the argument that the Republicans should make ... If we followed Rand Paul's foreign policy there would be no ISIS, because we would never have gone into Iraq and Saddam Hussein would not be -- Saddam Hussein would still be there, ISIS would not.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...raq_twice.html

It's an unassailable point that only the most doctrinaire neocon would dare dispute. Rand is holding all the cards in this game, and I think he's doing a great job baiting the interventionist RepubliBorg into an unwinnable fight. Which, come to think of it, is the type of conflict they are most attracted to.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This argument is only half right. I say this cos one doesn't have to go back to what happened in 2003 to get it right.

ISIS exists today because of what happened in Libya. The fighters got emboldened by the U.S. support in Libya and decided to do the same in Syria. The U.S. Swift defeat of gaddafi meant that more fighters and weapons were able to be transferred to Syria. This group which was created in Syria has nothing to do with Saddam Hussien or Iraq. The fact that they grew strong enough in Syria to now attack Iraq doesn't mean Iraq had any hand in its creation.

I hope people would stop making this argument and just blame it's existence on Obama and his Middle East allies.

The neocon counter argument is "It was right to go into Iraq in 2003, it's Obama's fault that we are dealing with ISIS since he pulled out and didn't leave forced behind." yadda yadda yadda...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

ISIS exists because the US and its Mideast "allies" funded, supplied, and trained it, for the purpose of taking down the government of Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    The neocon counter argument is "It was right to go into Iraq in 2003, it's Obama's fault that we are dealing with ISIS since he pulled out and didn't leave forced behind." yadda yadda yadda...
    Exactly. ISIS only exists because we didn't just annex the Middle East and colonize it with our troops to permanently remove any previous inhabitants that didn't like it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This argument is only half right. I say this cos one doesn't have to go back to what happened in 2003 to get it right.

ISIS exists today because of what happened in Libya. The fighters got emboldened by the U.S. support in Libya and decided to do the same in Syria. The U.S. Swift defeat of gaddafi meant that more fighters and weapons were able to be transferred to Syria. This group which was created in Syria has nothing to do with Saddam Hussien or Iraq. The fact that they grew strong enough in Syria to now attack Iraq doesn't mean Iraq had any hand in its creation.

I hope people would stop making this argument and just blame it's existence on Obama and his Middle East allies.
    The leader of ISIS is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. He is an Iraqi. His fighting career started in Iraq. None of this would have happened without the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-28-2015 at 10:27 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Exactly. ISIS only exists because we didn't just annex the Middle East and colonize it with our troops to permanently remove any previous inhabitants that didn't like it.
    Not just troops. Colonizing with actual civilians and pushing out all of the previous inhabitants is how conquest occurs in reality. Military force is just one tool to make that happen, but it is by no means required.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nice story, but not completely accurate.

The leader of ISIS is Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. He is an Iraqi. His fighting career started in Iraq. None of this would have happened without the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
    And I am sure if his mother didn't birth him or he wasn't released from prison during the Obama admin or Obama didn't start the Libyan or fund the Syrian "revolution, ISIS wouldn't have existed. But lets forget all of that, lets all blame it on the Iraqi war stupid as it may be

But seriously, this is all Obama's doing, I wish people will stop giving other people credit of his creation

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And I am sure if his mother didn't birth him or he wasn't released from prison during the Obama admin or Obama didn't start the Libyan or fund the Syrian "revolution, ISIS wouldn't have existed. But lets forget all of that, lets all blame it on the Iraqi war stupid as it may be

But seriously, this is all Obama's doing, I wish people will stop giving other people credit of his creation
    I dont think the argument is who created Isis but rather if Saddam is still in charge there's no way in hell he'd be putting up with Isis taking his land. He would be dealing with them or rather they wouldnt consider going against him so Isis would be no issue. Instead we have everyone sitting around waiting for someone to do something..