Thread: Rand Paul to Christie: 'That wasn't very nice'

Exclamation Rand Paul to Christie: 'That wasn't very nice'

Rand Paul to Christie: 'That wasn't very nice'

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...litics_article

TRENTON — Republican presidential hopeful U.S. Sen. Rand Paul on Tuesday said Gov. Chris Christie's recent verbal jab at him "wasn't very nice."

Paul, who's no stranger to engaging in public spats with New Jersey's governor, responded during a TV interview over their differing opinions about the Patriot Act. Christie, without calling them out by name, recently criticized federal lawmakers who oppose the Patriot Act, a group that includes Paul. Christie said such opposition is "misguided."

Christie made the comment during a speech at the Southern Republican Leadership Conference on Friday. It mirrored a similar statement Christie released on Saturday when the governor slammed "misguided ideologues" with "no real world experience in fighting terrorism" for "putting their beliefs above the safety and security of our citizens" after the U.S. Senate failed to extend certain provisions of the Patriot Act.

In an interview on FOX & Friends, Paul was asked to respond.

"That just wasn't very nice, I'll put it that way," he said, before articulating his opposition to the government's intelligence gathering methods.

<snip>

"Christie worries about the dangers of freedom," said a message on Paul's Twitter feed. "I worry about the danger of losing that freedom. Spying without warrants is unconstitutional."
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    perfectly handled. Above the fray, came off looking the better man.

I hope he finds a similarly articulate way to respond to Santorum, whom I personally just want to kick in the face.

It is on like donkey kong.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    perfectly handled. Above the fray, came off looking the better man.

I hope he finds a similarly articulate way to respond to Santorum, whom I personally just want to kick in the face.
    I suppose one silver lining in Santorum rising any in the polls will be to someone elses demise. Any uptick for Santorum shouldn't hurt Paul but he could pry votes away from other social conservatives supporting the likes of Bush, Huckabee, Cruz, and possibly Rubio and hopefully Walker.

Hopefully team Rand is prepared and well equipped to play these guys against each other when need be. Sooner or later guys like Santorum, Christie, and well just about all of them with the exception of maybe Cruz is not going to gain support from Rand's base, buy from the other guys that already believe just as they do. Of course Im sure many are running simply to stop Rand. Hence the need for team Rand to figure out ways to get the other guys fighting each other for the others support. Imo thats why Bush has been silent because he's got the most to lose by getting in squabbles with other candidates. If I were them I'd fear Cruz the most because if he can't peel support away from Rand I see him as the most likely candidate to attack the other front runners in hoping he can take their support. Imo the man is an opportunist and has no shame. Team Rand must figurevout a way to play the lower tier guys with similar beliefs against the top tier guys.