Thread: Crazy NJ.com poll: Should police be allowed to search a home without a warrant

Crazy NJ.com poll: Should police be allowed to search a home without a warrant

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf..._home_wit.html

The crazy part is that 22% say "Warrants? They don't need no stinking warrants!"

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The one I see at that link asks 'if police should be allowed to search a home without a warrant if someone else has already searched the place and found something suspicious?'

78% correctly answering "no."
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

MoMa 34 minutes ago@Staring thru my rear view The next time that you are being held hostage by a bunch of babbling terrorists, you just whip out you personal copy of the US Constitution and wave it in the faces of those armed terrorists. ...and if you should survive, please be sure to let us know how it went.

FlagShare

doomed

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Only 22 percent?

Wow, I'm suprised.

Being New Jermany, I was figuring it to be much higher than that.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-27-2015 at 01:17 PM.

i dunno...i say yes, why the hell not. Could be fun.

In the comments, it seems only 1 person is arguing for search warrants not to be required. 278 voted scarily, but only 1 person is scary enough to defend that vote.

Warrant? She's MY Cherry PIE! Oh, wrong Warrant...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

MoMa 34 minutes ago@Staring thru my rear view The next time that you are being held hostage by a bunch of babbling terrorists cops, you just whip out you personal copy of the US Constitution and wave it in the faces of those armed terrorists cops. ...and if you should survive, please be sure to let us know how it went.

FlagShare
    Fixed that for MoMa

Has here ever been a terrorist event in NJ? I mean other than the cops and gvmt?

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Fixed that for MoMa
    That's so considerate of you!
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

99% of cops on your average television show say "Warrants? We don't need no stinking warrants!"

Then they find a drug lab or sex slaves or child laborors or something similar... No indoctrination there.
    Libertarian Money
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Follow that link for over 100 articles on liberty, decentralization, and money.

MoMa 34 minutes ago@Staring thru my rear view The next time that you are being held hostage by a bunch of babbling terrorists, you just whip out you personal copy of the US Constitution and wave it in the faces of those armed terrorists. ...and if you should survive, please be sure to let us know how it went.
    The very next time that I am being held hostage by a bunch of babbling terrorists, I will certainly do this.

(I just wish I had thought of it before, so I could have done it all those other times ...)
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ