Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Jindal slams Rand Paul as unfit to be commander-in-chief

Bobby Jindal slams Rand Paul as unfit to be commander-in-chief

Bobby Jindal slams Rand Paul as unfit to be commander-in-chief

By KATIE GLUECK
    5/27/15 12:14 PM EDT

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal lashed out at Sen. Rand Paul for his recent comments about Islamic State, saying the presidential contender is unfit to be commander in chief and is taking the “weakest, most liberal Democrat position” when it comes to fighting the militant group.

Using unusually harsh rhetoric and an unusual forum, Jindal posted a statement condemning Paul on his “office of the governor” website.

“This is a perfect example of why Senator Paul is unsuited to be Commander-in-Chief,” Jindal said. “We have men and women in the military who are in the field trying to fight ISIS right now, and Senator Paul is taking the weakest, most liberal Democrat position. It’s one thing for Senator Paul to take an outlandish position as a Senator at Washington cocktail parties, but being Commander-in-Chief is an entirely different job. We should all be clear that evil and Radical Islam are at fault for the rise of ISIS, and people like President Obama and Hillary Clinton exacerbate it.”

read more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...nt-118322.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another false Christian who says we can only get real change by turning to God and then out of the other side of his mouth says it's our job to combat evil directly violating Christ's commands.

Bible study for you Bobby.

God created evil.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Oh, you mean like Clinton, Bush, and Obama, etc.?

He doesn't even respond to what Paul said about Republicans arming Syrian rebels. It's like a knee-jerk reaction with no substance--reminds me of Giuliani.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Couldn't the media find someone more relevant to say this? Jindal is an ankle-biter who's never polled above 2% nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Couldn't the media find someone more relevant to say this? Jindal is an ankle-biter who's never polled above 2% nationally.
    The man is a joke. He's done a terrible job in his second term as governor because he's basically made campaigning for the presidency his full-time job. And despite all that, he's probably not even going to clear the bar for the debates. Pathetic.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Bushies no likey Paul.

Rands needs to start reminding everyone that he was the ONLY candidate to push for a declaration of war way before this became a bigger issue as it is now. Even then when Rand did this many here were attacking him for it but credit Rand for having the foresight knowing this would become an issue he would be attacked for. However, he should be in a pretty good position now if he starts reminding the media outlets that it was he not them that tried to get this dealt with before it became a bigger issue. As of now though I've yet to see Rand bring up his declaration of war proposal. I don't know if he thinks this will hurt him among some of his supporters because of it or what the deal is, but he needs to quickly counter with it because they're now using Isis and the patriot act bill to control the narrative that he's not only weak on foreign policy, but even "more liberal" than Hillary/Obama. Of course we know that both are hawks. I suspect Obama doing nothing as of yet has many reason, but one of which is to "make/force" this to be a big issue giving the hawks fire power against Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's why he's doing this. He's attacking Rand in order to get attention in the media and improve his poll numbers. Rand would be better off ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    That's why he's doing this. He's attacking Rand in order to get attention in the media and improve his poll numbers. Rand would be better off ignoring him.
    Rand's got an experienced campaign team behind him. They know better than to let him waste time punching down.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Name: Bobby Jindal

Congress: Louisiana, District: 1, Republican

Cumulative Freedom Index Score: 45%
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....nameid=J000287

'Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal lashed out at Sen. Rand Paul for his recent comments about Islamic State, saying the presidential contender is unfit to be commander in chief and is taking the “weakest, most liberal Democrat position” when it comes to fighting the militant group.
    Boogeyman. Republican voters hate those words: 'liberal' and 'Democrat.' Low information voters, anyway.

Trolling Rand Paul Is Official Louisiana State Business, Apparently

by Igor Bobic
    05/27/2015 1:25 pm EDT

WASHINGTON -- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) was so incensed by Sen. Rand Paul's (R-Ky.) comments on the Islamic State and Iraq that he issued a statement on official state letterhead calling the presidential candidate "unsuited to be Commander-in-Chief."

During an interview on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday, Paul blamed hawkish elements of the Republican Party for contributing to the situation in Iraq and Syria.

That prompted Jindal, who has formed an exploratory committee for president that allows him to hire staff and raise funds, to issue a sharply worded rebuke.

It is puzzling why such a blatant political statement was issued on the governor's official state website. (A spokesman for the governor did not immediately respond to a request for more information.) Other Republican governors with presidential ambitions, like Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), are careful to separate state business from politics by delivering such broadsides personally via television appearances or by allowing their aides to speak for them.

Jindal may simply be attempting to curry favor with Republican primary voters ahead of the first GOP debate in August. The debate's host, Fox News, recently announced that only the top 10 Republican contenders would be allowed to participate, ranked by their performance in national political polls prior to the debate. At the moment, at least, Jindal stands near dead last.
    read more:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7452644.html
    Last edited by jct74; 05-27-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Best and brightest. Bringing new freedom and liberty to America.

/s
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Of course not.

What, you'd prefer to see the candidates who actually have a chance to beat him wearing down their limited supply of credibility by giving vent to half-baked and easily debunked opinions that are designed to seem to address Rand's valid point while really distracting from them?

I would too. But I ain't holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Name:  BillKristolCloseup.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  11.4 KB

Good Jindal. Here's biscuit.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Bushies no likey Paul.
    You got that right... Another reason they likely have so many candidates running, simply to be the lap dogs for Jebby boy while keeping his hands clean. Rand needs to counter quickly reminding everyone that it was HE not them that tried to get a declaration of war against Isis, forget trying to educate the public on the complexity of the issue. Just show he tried to deal with this before it became a big issue demonstrating he had the foresight of a great leader, but it was them not him that choose to do nothing. Rand played it well in December when he did this he now needs to play out his hand showing that he's got an ace in the hole that covers him in regards to this issue.

I know they're times for educating the public on different issues, but there are also times for simple sound bites the general public can digest.

Jindal questioned for blasting Rand Paul through the governor's office

By Kevin Litten, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
    on May 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM

Gov. Bobby Jindal on Wednesday used the governor's office to blast presidential candidate U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, taking aim at comments Paul made blaming his fellow Republicans for giving strength to ISIS.

While Jindal's statement drew some attention from national political reporters for its sharp criticism, state political watchers in Louisiana were taking notice of Jindal's decision to issue a press release from the governor's office. That's because the state constitution prohibits use of public funds "to urge any elector to vote for or against any candidate or proposition."

Typically, candidates issue statements that could be interpreted as scoring points against a potential opponent through a political campaign rather than an official office. But Jindal is in a unique position, having not officially declared he's running for president but forming an exploratory committee instead.

Jindal's office could not be reached for comment.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...l_preside.html

How about this?

@BobbyJindal violates state constitution to attack rival for presidency on official state site
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jindal’s Mindless “Moral Clarity”
    By Daniel Larison • May 27, 2015

Bobby Jindal likes to say that Republicans shouldn’t be the “stupid party,” but his response to Rand Paul’s remarks on ISIS suggests that he doesn’t believe it:

American weakness, not American strength, emboldens our enemies. Senator Paul’s illogical argument clouds a situation that should provide pure moral clarity.

Paul easily has the better of the argument here, and he could have gone further in tracing the origins of ISIS to the invasion of Iraq and the chaos created by regime change. Jeb Bush’s fantasies aside, the group that we now know as ISIS or the Islamic State sprang from the Iraq war. The flourishing of jihadist groups such as ISIS is one of that war’s most baleful consequences, and it would not have happened if there had been no invasion.
    Jindal has nothing to say about any of these claims because he can’t refute them, and so he is reduced to flinging insults and rehearsing tired propaganda lines. Jindal thinks he has proved that Paul has shown himself unfit for the presidency, but he has just reminded us once again why Jindal’s judgment on foreign policy shouldn’t be trusted.

The weakness of Jindal’s position is reflected in his robotic recitation of ideological slogans. Interventionist policies routinely have negative and destructive consequences, and asserting the virtue of “American strength” doesn’t change that. If Jindal were interested in moral reflection here, he would grapple with the dangerous effects caused by unnecessary wars and the grave costs that those wars have for both the U.S. and the other countries affected by them.
    More: http://www.theamericanconservative.c...moral-clarity/

Jindal has never had a chance and he probably won't even make it into the debates.

Guy is the most irrelevant candidate for president this cycle next to donald trump
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

The responses on Twitter don't seem to be on his side.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BOBBY JINDLE READY TO SWINDLE

I assume Rand will not be smart in any of his responses and give straight answers as not to kick up any dust, he doesn't have to counter Jindal but he does have to set the record straight.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Good tweet from a radio host on a local station here.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I assume Rand will not be smart in any of his responses and give straight answers as not to kick up any dust, he doesn't have to counter Jindal but he does have to set the record straight.
    meh, its gonna be a rough week with all the NSA's blackmailed boys coming out of the closet to take swipes at Randal. Jindal is about the most toothless of them all and not worth responding to directly.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    meh, its gonna be a rough week with all the NSA's blackmailed boys coming out of the closet to take swipes at Randal. Jindal is about the most toothless of them all and not worth responding to directly.
    This is the same guy who gave a woman suffering from cancer an "exorcism" and then bragged about saving her. He needs to stay away from this guy and ignore him like the plague.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast