Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Paul: Republican hawks created ISIS by giving out arms indiscriminately

How else should Rand have responded to:

Lindsey Graham would say, "ISIS exists because of people like Rand Paul who said let's not go into Syria"
    I can't really think of how he could have responded any better. He could have mentioned the democrats more (he did mention Hillary), but it still wouldn't have mattered. He would be getting the same grief he's getting now.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love that he is taking on the chickenhawks and calling them on their bull$#@!. I get so tired hearing Lindsay and John claim non-interventionism is "dangerous" when in fact their foreign policy is extremely dangerous. Their foreign policy is completely responsible for the mess we are in now.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Remind them who Rand called 'Obama's lapdogs'

We can only point out that:

1) He was answering a question about Lindsey Graham saying people like Rand Paul are responsible for ISIS. (Is this a direct quote? Is it totally hypothetical? I haven't been able to find anything with Lindsey Graham uttering this exact quote.) Here's the question:
    HOST JOE SCARBOROUGH: Lindsey Graham would say, ISIS exists because of people like Rand Paul who said, ‘Let’s not go into Syria.” What do you say to Lindsey? http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/27/ra...or-isis-video/
    2) It was just last month that Rand Paul stated McCain and Graham are Obama's lapdogs on foreign policy, always supporting Obama and Hillary's policies. It should be pretty clear that that's who he is referring to again. (Wasn't that everybody's headline for a day or two?)

(1:19) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK4f27-jsvs
    (Longer version (3:51): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5XCF0Do5kI )

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt1225 View Post
    I love that he is taking on the chickenhawks and calling them on their bull$#@!. I get so tired hearing Lindsay and John claim non-interventionism is "dangerous" when in fact their foreign policy is extremely dangerous. Their foreign policy is completely responsible for the mess we are in now.
    Well said. I love Rand Paul the question is can he get the nomination? will enough people care about character

i think Rand Paul is going to have a unique opportunity really soon to captivate a huge electorate that has been disenfranchised and alienated i think he just needs to bring out the big guns he needs to fire back at all of these con artists in one big swoop. America wants a leader who will fight for our liberty, and not take $#@! from anyone. he really just needs to win the argument and he is.

Good for Rand. Now Bobby Jindal is punching up too with the whole "blame 'merica first BS. Good.

They say that there is no front runner. I don't believe it. Rand is the front runner. They are running scared. That's great news considering that the truth is on Rand's side.

So attack away neos. It's music to my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    i think Rand Paul is going to have a unique opportunity really soon to captivate a huge electorate that has been disenfranchised and alienated i think he just needs to bring out the big guns he needs to fire back at all of these con artists in one big swoop. America wants a leader who will fight for our liberty, and not take $#@! from anyone. he really just needs to win the argument and he is.
    I'm afraid you're wrong nikcers. Most Americans dont give a damn and the GOP is pretty bad.

Maybe with independents in New Hampshire but he needs more than that to win

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    a month ago it was "he needs to quit taking shots at hillary...he's running against other republicans, not her" and now its "he needs to quit taking shots at republicans he is running against"
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    2) It was just last month that Rand Paul stated McCain and Graham are Obama's lapdogs on foreign policy, always supporting Obama and Hillary's policies. It should be pretty clear that that's who he is referring to again. (Wasn't that everybody's headline for a day or two?)
    I think Rand should tighten up his message. Naming names is necessary here. He's not running against every hawk, which makes up most of the Republican party. Why piss off the whole party? He's running against Lindsey Graham, so he should call Lindsey out by name. Don't be vague...vagueness leads to misunderstanding.

Scott Walker, Mike Pence and other semi-popular GOP officials didn't create ISIS. It was McCain and his wife's donors.

"Our party" implies the standard-bearers are the problem.

The main problem is McCain, Jeb and Graham.

"Our party" could mean anyone. GOP bitter clingers, primary voters, every GOP state chair, every social conservative, every immigration hardliner.

He should find the most unpopular Republicans and bash them.

Ted Cruz for instance has screwed up majorly by opposing the Jeff Sessions agenda twice (mass legal immigration and TPP).

(Jeff's voting record is Neocon, but could be convinced by his newfound grassroots support and his many visits to Walter Reed to change his mind).
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

There is not other way for Rand to respond to statements as factually inaccurate and stupid as the ones coming from the Neocons (like Graham's) than to point out the truth and take the other side. Let them call him a lefty Democrat. When the everyday Republican voter hears every candidate pretty much disagreeing with reality, and more importantly, claiming it means you're "left of Obama", they will side with Rand.

I've seen a major shift in the older generation of Republicans voters in my areas from blindly listening to whatever idiot is on FOX News, and getting their news elsewhere. The majority of the country understands that arming rebel groups might lead to a growth of a rebel group.

Voters don't want to be insulted. The attacks on Rand about ISIS are insulting to a lot of people.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senator Rand Paul visited Davenport, Iowa on Thursday to talk about his Presidential Campaign. During his talk he focused on his recent remarks of how the hawks of the Republican Party have allowed ISIS to grow in the Middle East with their constant push for war. Paul claims that the Iraq War gave Iran greater power in the Middle East and allowed ISIS to grow stronger. Paul also believes Hillary Clinton's War in Libya has allowed Radical Islam to flourish in Libya.
    Rand Paul for Peace

I remember watching this live on CSPAN. EVERY GOP voter should spend 9 minutes and 43 seconds of their lives watching this. Rand's prognostication flat ass nailed this one. For so many years, we have been covertly and overtly ...by mistake or design ...creating Frankenstiens in the Middle East that our leaders feel compelled to destroy which has created this cyclical/systemic problem of endless war. I work in an executive level in the Military Industrial Complex. That said, I can tell you bluntly that "PEACE" is not a business plan for these industries. Quietly, Fox News is a subtle mouthpiece for that business plan which is one of the reasons we see Rand (like Ron) being now slighted by Fox. It did not happen with Rand at all until (A) he got on the big stage as an announced candidate for POTUS and (B) He went all "Ron Paul light" against the War Party. Follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I just remember people on here saying he has to play the game to get nominated back when we were questioning some of his stances. What has changed? Why the libertarian push now? I'm concerned that he thinks he won't get the nomination so he may as well go for broke on ideology. Bear in mind, I was never for the pandering..just playing devil's advocate. I remember getting raked over the coals here for wanting him to take a less pandering stance.
    I get the premise...but you're now asking him to play the game to get a SMALL minority.

He can play the game to get an extra couple percent of the GOP vote

OR

He can do what he is and thats being the ONLY candidate speaking a message that like 60-70% of Americans (D and R alike) approve of.

you take that every time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12