Thread: Autistic 6th Grader Kicked Trashcan. Now He’s a Felon.

Autistic 6th Grader Kicked Trashcan. Now He’s a Felon.

He’s only 11-years-old but he’s already a felon. Sixth grader Kayleb Moon-Robinson is also autistic, but none of that was taken into account by police officers when they arrested him for an outburst in class.

Kayleb was a student at Linkhorne Middle School in Lynchburg, Virginia. While he was still 11 years old, last fall, he he he kicked a trash can. That’s how it all began.

PRI reports that “a police officer assigned to the school witnessed the tantrum, and filed a disorderly conduct charge against the sixth grader in juvenile court.”

“Just weeks later, in November,” the continued. “Kayleb, who is African-American, disobeyed a new rule — this one just for him — that he wait while other kids left class. The principal sent the same school officer to get him.”

Kayleb recounts the incident, saying “He grabbed me and tried to take me to the office. I started pushing him away. He slammed me down, and then he handcuffed me.”

Kayleb was taken by the officer to juvenile court.

Two charges were filed: second misdemeanor disorderly conduct and felony assault on a police officer.

You read that right. This cop actually filed a felony assault on a police officer charge against an 11-year-old with autism.

By the time he reached 12 years old Kayleb was convicted of that ridiculous felony assault of a police officer charge. He is now appealing the conviction, and has waived a plea deal.

PRI reports that “Kayleb is in an alternative school now and has to return to court in early June to hear what the judge wants to do with him. Doss said the judge had a deputy show him a cell, and told him if he gets into trouble again he could go straight to youth detention.”

The judge said that “Kayleb had been handled with kid gloves. And that he understood that Kayleb had special needs, but that he needed to ‘man up,’ that he needed to behave better,” Doss explained.

And that he needed to start controlling himself or that eventually they would start controlling him.”
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...w-hes-a-felon/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    felony assault on a police officer.
    Dangerous job, I hope he's ok
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Politicians kick a lot of cans....

a police officer assigned to the school
    witnessed the tantrum, and filed a disorderly conduct charge against the sixth grader in juvenile court.”

20 years ago this was a trip to time out and a meeting with mom dad and the school counsellor.
    Last edited by presence; 05-26-2015 at 09:32 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I wonder if that could have been me at that age. Poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    You didnt strike me as the type to engage in felonious behavior.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

*I started pushing him away.*
    I guess Kayleb isn't allowed to fear for his life.
    Brelo — who fired a total of 49 shots, including 15 while standing on the hood of the suspects' vehicle — faced as many as 22 years in prison had the judge convicted him of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting that happened after Timothy Russell's beat-up Chevy Malibu backfired while speeding by police headquarters.

"Officer Brelo risked his life on that night,"*D'Angelo said.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    20 years ago this was a trip to time out and a meeting with mom dad and the school counsellor.
    50 years ago, this was a trip to the deans office and a swat on the butt with a paddle then back to class to learn something.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    It definitely could've been me at that age and I'm perfectly normal.

This country has gone from one extreme to the other--total tyranny is where we are heading.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Now thats funny!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Now thats funny!!!!
    Maybe undiagnosed is a better word...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    50 years ago, this was a trip to the deans office and a swat on the butt with a paddle then back to class to learn something.
    Did it actually work? I remember that all the kids who were bad enough to "earn" a spanking weren't really phased by it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Did it actually work? I remember that all the kids who were bad enough to "earn" a spanking weren't really phased by it.
    Well, they would usually come back to class and be good till it was time to go home. If not, then there was always the possibility of a repeat performance.

It wasn't the spanking that bothered them, it was the humiliation of everybody hearing the slap of that paddle on their butt.

Has it been that long? wow

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it motivated me to display a lower profile...after that second round anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Well, it motivated me to display a lower profile...after that second round anyway.
    Wow, I only had two swats and they were from two different problems. Both were when I was in the seventh grade, one by the gym teacher... he made two round red circles on my butt for everybody to see when I took the shower at the end of the class period. I can't remember why he did it. The other was when I accidentally knocked over one of those chair/desks on which somebody had placed a huge pile of books. It was top heavy and when I pushed it at the bottom with my feet, it fell over. They claimed I did it on purpose. All in all, they were rather fair when using the paddle. Twice in all those years and I feel it didn't hurt me. I thought it was more fun to watch the usual trouble makers getting their weekly swats.

A police officer assigned to a school is a clear indicator of the likely existence of a school-to-prison pipeline, which explains the ridiculous charges. Zero surprise that the kid is black, as blacks are the main target of these pipelines.

Wow, I only had two swats and they were from two different problems. Both were when I was in the seventh grade, one by the gym teacher... he made two round red circles on my butt for everybody to see when I took the shower at the end of the class period. I can't remember why he did it. The other was when I accidentally knocked over one of those chair/desks on which somebody had placed a huge pile of books. It was top heavy and when I pushed it at the bottom with my feet, it fell over. They claimed I did it on purpose. All in all, they were rather fair when using the paddle. Twice in all those years and I feel it didn't hurt me. I thought it was more fun to watch the usual trouble makers getting their weekly swats.
    My first episode was delivered by my six foot four 240 lb wood shop teacher in the sixth grade, because I copped an attitude during cleanup after I balked at putting up a bottle of glue that someone else had left out on a table. That one was a triple, executed with a three foot long five inch wide, half inch thick, oak paddle with half inch holes bored through it to decrease the air resistance and increase the velocity. It was named named "Big Bertha" and literally made my ass feel like it was on fire for about an hour afterwards.

The second time, came from the gym teacher, because I flipped some obese kid twice my size (who had volunteered for my little martial art expo by the way). Anyway, I took his arm and locked it over my sholder after which he promptly smacked his head on the gym floor and had to be carted off to the local hospital with a severe concussion. That particular stunt was performed during the lunch hour, and since we were congregating in the coaches realm, he was delegated by the assistant principal to dole out my punishment. I barely recall that one, and I heard later that he didn't particularly care for the victim. He went easy on me. I have no doubt that I would have gone AWOL if the shop teacher had been summoned though.

It's all fun and games until someone snaps and shoots up the school...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Thing is, in those days, there was a sense of honor and courage that has been lost some where along the way. If we had a problem it was settled with fists, not guns or knives. Shooting or stabbing an unarmed person or kicking them when they were down, shooting someone in the back, striking a woman, etc., was frowned upon and just didn't happen. If you had a beef you took it to the individual, drive bys and such BS was non-existent.
    I'm just thankful I grew up in that World and not in this one.

It's all fun and games until someone snaps and shoots up the school...
    We didn't start having all these school shootings and such until about ~8 years after corporal punishment was banned.

Trash cans have feelings too you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will Kayleb make it to 20?

Doubtful!