Thread: New Poll, Rand Paul leads GOP field in Washington State with strong support among gun owners

New Poll, Rand Paul leads GOP field in Washington State with strong support among gun owners

Washington Republicans are lining up for Kentucky’s Sen. Randal H. “Rand” Paul with strong support from gun owners, according to the May 18-19 Townhall/Gravis Insights poll of 523 Republican voters.

“Rand Paul has a national following that has not been reflected in our state-by-state polls, until we took at look at Washington State,” said Doug Kaplan, the managing partner of Gravis Insights, the Florida-based polling company that conducted the poll. The poll of Republicans carries a 4 percent margin of error.

Gravis Insights, a nonpartisan research firm, conducted a random survey of 1,032 registered voters in

Washington regarding potential election matchups and other relevant issues. The poll has a margin of error of 3 percent for the general election questions, 6 percent for the 256 Democratic respondents, he said. The poll was conducted using IVR technology and the results were weighted by anticipated voting demographics.

In other matchups, Democratic Sen. Patricia L. Murray leads her potential Republican challenger Rep. Catherine McMorris Rodgers, the chairwoman of the House Republican Policy Committee, 51 percent to 40 percent.

A Murray v. McMorris Rodgers battle would pit the moderate congresswoman, who has led Republican support of Obamacare in the House, against one of the most partisan senators in the Democratic caucus.

Watch this video of Sen. Randal H. “Rand” Paul (R.-Ky.) with Sean Hannity:

Paul is the choice of 13.2 percent of Republicans, he said. The other top four candidates are: Wisconsin Gov. Scott K. Walker, 12.4 percent; former Florida governor John E. “Jeb” Bush, 11.5 percent; Florida’s Sen. Marco A. Rubio, 11.3 percent and Dr. Benjamin Carson with 7.6 percent.

“Paul comes to Washington with advantages, too,” Kaplan said. The senator’s father former Texas congressman Dr. Ronald E. Paul won the 2012 Washington caucuses with strong grassroots organization.

Sergio Gor, a spokesman for the senator, said: “Senator Rand Paul has worked very hard to grow the party over the last few years, his focus on issues like privacy and criminal justice reform gives him a unique ability to successfully engage the youth community.”

Continue:
    http://gravismarketing.com/polling-a...k-up-45-to-33/
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am very pleased by this information. Now let's convince the fine people of Oregon, which has open carry but harasses those that practice their right to. Then let's convince CA and we've got the west coast. BTW CA outside of the Bay Area and Los Angeles is hugely conservative. I saw a "show the birth certificate" billboard while driving up I-5 around Red Bluff through the vast CA farming communities not too long ago. And a monster hand painted Ron Paul sign on a farm off I-5 in Oregon. Let's be careful to not stereotype!
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-26-2015 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post

“Rand Paul has a national following that has not been reflected in our state-by-state polls, until we took at look at Washington State,” said Doug Kaplan, the managing partner of Gravis Insights, the Florida-based polling company that conducted the poll. The poll of Republicans carries a 4 percent margin of

http://gravismarketing.com/polling-a...k-up-45-to-33/
    I've never heard of this polling firm, but I'm curious as to why their polls haven't shown Rand very strong in their other state by state polls. Oh, did I just see their from Florida? Ah ha...

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    I've never heard of this polling firm, but I'm curious as to why their polls haven't shown Rand very strong in their other state by state polls. Oh, did I just see their from Florida? Ah ha...
    I have. This is the first poll I've seen in a long time showing Rand actually leading in a state besides New Hampshire or Kentucky.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

yay us.

most forget (including the speaker who announced the vote totals at the 2008 convention), but Washington was one of the states that actually cast votes for Ron Paul. it was a negotiated deal worked out at the state convention in Spokane. both years I've held caucuses, and Ron secured all of my delegates from my precinct. but we always have come up about 10% short of winning the state.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Shout out from the 36th LD! Unfortunately I live in Snohomish now where the going is going to be tougher.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Shout out from the 36th LD! Unfortunately I live in Snohomish now where the going is going to be tougher.

PCO from the 39th here...and yes, Snohomish County is TEA-O-CON central.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    PCO from the 39th here...and yes, Snohomish County is TEA-O-CON central.
    At least I can caucus without having to defend an old man from charismatic young'uns. Having a candidate in his 50s is a game changer!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well technically he's only tied for first

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Well technically he's only tied for first
    No, he's in first place.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    yay us.

most forget (including the speaker who announced the vote totals at the 2008 convention), but Washington was one of the states that actually cast votes for Ron Paul. it was a negotiated deal worked out at the state convention in Spokane. both years I've held caucuses, and Ron secured all of my delegates from my precinct. but we always have come up about 10% short of winning the state.
    NC was able to report delegate votes for Ron Paul too. I was so thrilled. I was actually an RNC Delegate at that point in time.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It would be nice is Washington state has caucuses in March, however the date is still up in the air and it still hasn't been settled whether it will be a caucus or a primary.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It would be nice is Washington state has caucuses in March, however the date is still up in the air and it still hasn't been settled whether it will be a caucus or a primary.
    Why is march good?

Paul is the choice of 13.2 percent of Republicans, he said. The other top four candidates are: Wisconsin Gov. Scott K. Walker, 12.4 percent; former Florida governor John E. “Jeb” Bush, 11.5 percent; Florida’s Sen. Marco A. Rubio, 11.3 percent...
    The poll of Republicans carries a 4 percent margin of error.
    Anybody see something wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Why is march good?
    If it is a strong state for Rand, then the earlier the better.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I am very pleased by this information. Now let's convince the fine people of Oregon, which has open carry but harasses those that practice their right to. Then let's convince CA and we've got the west coast. BTW CA outside of the Bay Area and Los Angeles is hugely conservative. I saw a "show the birth certificate" billboard while driving up I-5 around Red Bluff through the vast CA farming communities not too long ago. And a monster hand painted Ron Paul sign on a farm off I-5 in Oregon. Let's be careful to not stereotype!
    I'd like to see the poll question asked in Oregon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rand win first again. Oregon just voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use, so we know how they feel about the War on Drugs.

What a mixed bag this State is. The nanny state is on steroids here and yet we have this happen.
    "The Patriarch"

^^Indeed

I was surprised; don't quite get it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ^^Indeed

I was surprised; don't quite get it.
    Well, if Obombya can fool em' why not Rand?
    "The Patriarch"

Not taking any polls seriously until after debates start.

This poll is nice but very close. Anyone could win if the vote was today.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Not taking any polls seriously until after debates start.

This poll is nice but very close. Anyone could win if the vote was today.
    It's not really that surprising I guess as it was among gun supporters.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    I'd like to see the poll question asked in Oregon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rand win first again. Oregon just voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use, so we know how they feel about the War on Drugs.
    There's lots of Oregon open carry Youtubes.

I noticed that Real Clear Politics listed the hypothetical Hillary match-ups for Washington (w/ Rand in the middle), but not these results (w/ Rand leading).

...surely a coincidence.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.