Thread: Do you think neoconservatives are going to officially run?

Do you think neoconservatives are going to officially run?

There seems to be a huge lack of confidence esp with none of them announcing. All the Tea Party types announced their campaigns. Also with them assuming 20 will run they realize they won't stand out and they aren't that different from Hillary. So will it only be the five running now and it is going to come down to who is the Tea Party leader? Of course it is Rand as he is the founder of the movement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sitting legislators will likely wait until around the next fundraising quarter, those unemployed will wait as long as possible before formally declaring. This is because they can directly raise money for their super PACs until they officially declare.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Sitting legislators will likely wait until around the next fundraising quarter, those unemployed will wait as long as possible before formally declaring. This is because they can directly raise money for their super PACs until they officially declare.
    SuperPACs can't be used to fund campaigns. Another thing they make a lot of money giving speeches when people are under the perception they are going to run.

Marco Rubio's "New American Century" isn't neocon enough?

The Neo-cons, with maybe the exception of Lindsey Graham, are not going to be campaigning as such openly. Marco Rubio is essentially trying to play political chameleon (though he isn't fooling anybody here), and currently he is as close to a Neo-con of anyone declared at present. Jeb Bush is going to run on a Neo-con foreign policy and will generally oppose civil liberties, but he will cast himself as a RINO, as will be the case with Krispy Kreme.

This primary will be a "how gullible are you" test for GOP voters, and I'm hoping they don't get suckered like they have for the past 15 years, and this time around I am a bit more optimistic that enough of them won't be. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That.

Lindsey is a neo-con. Rubio is a neo-con. Jeb is a neo-con. Fiorina is a neo-con. Cruz is neoconservative on foreign policy (and apparently now on TPA/TPP and immigration).

Where is this "lack of neoconservatives" you speak of?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yes he is but it is how they are percieved that I went by. Ones who pretend to be Tea Party even if they are clearly not. Chris Christie and Jeb Bush really can't even if they wanted to which they don't.

Yes. And perhaps Ted "If you won't stand with Israel then I won't stand with you" Cruz. And Mike "They want to establish a global caliphate" Huckabee. Or Scott "Boots-On-The-Ground" Walker.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    SuperPACs can't be used to fund campaigns. Another thing they make a lot of money giving speeches when people are under the perception they are going to run.
    Jeb, Rubio, Ted Cruz and even Rand's super PACs will all be doing media buys in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada. They don't need to coordinate with the campaigns, the people running them are typically former staffers/policy advisers.

Jeb, Rubio, Ted Cruz and even Rand's super PACs will all be doing media buys in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada. They don't need to coordinate with the campaigns, the people running them are typically former staffers/policy advisers.
    Rand, Ted, and Rubio are all officially running but it is not confirmed with Jeb as he has not officially announced.

Rand, Ted, and Rubio are all officially running but it is not confirmed with Jeb as he has not officially announced.
    Because he can still directly raise money for his super PAC while the other 3 couldn't even before they declared (because they are sitting Senators).

Because he can still directly raise money for his super PAC while the other 3 couldn't even before they declared (because they are sitting Senators).

That still doesn't confirm that he'll run because he might decide that the money won't translate into votes or he won't personally overcome Hillary. Until and unless he officially announces then he is in the race.

That still doesn't confirm that he'll run because he might decide that the money won't translate into votes or he won't personally overcome Hillary. Until and unless he officially announces then he is in the race.
    I'll confirm for you right now: he will run.

I'll confirm for you right now: he will run.
    He hasn't announced.

Maybe but the other 15 are still not confident enough to run.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jeb Bush is a neocon and is likely to be the next president.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post

Let's suppose that he does run. You are overlooking Paul when he ran for Kentucky Senator in how he handled Trey Grayson at the debates.

Same could have been said regarding Rudy Giuliani. Don't despair just yet.

Lindsey is a neo-con. Rubio is a neo-con. Jeb is a neo-con. Fiorina is a neo-con. Cruz is neoconservative on foreign policy (and apparently now on TPA/TPP and immigration).
    Rubio is a major neocon. Most of those Cuban refugees were supporters of the dictatorship in Cuba and were from the upper class. They have never gotten over the fact that they lost their wealth and status. They are ultra conservatives. Ted Cruz, from what I can tell, is a neocon. Interesting how his supporters are silent on his position on Trade Bill; not a peep over at The Right Scoop. They see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Who isn't a neocon except Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    Rubio is a major neocon. Most of those Cuban refugees were supporters of the dictatorship in Cuba and were from the upper class. They have never gotten over the fact that they lost their wealth and status. They are ultra conservatives. Ted Cruz, from what I can tell, is a neocon. Interesting how his supporters are silent on his position on Trade Bill; not a peep over at The Right Scoop. They see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Who isn't a neocon except Rand?
    Cruz and Carson are not neocons. Cruz's foreign policy is still flawed since he's a hawk and an interventionist, but he's not a progressive interested in nation building.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I don't think he will be. He has never completely left the limelight, but as a presidential candidate seems not to be getting a whole lot of traction.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Huh??? I consider everyone of them running with the exception of Rand with that label. So are they going to run? They're already in.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Cruz and Carson are not neocons. Cruz's foreign policy is still flawed since he's a hawk and an interventionist, but he's not a progressive interested in nation building.
    I wonder if neoconservatives are actually interested in "nation building"? Sure, that was an excuse they were hiding behind, but was that really their true goal? Seems that the true goal was the breaking down of the existing nations in the neighborhood of Israel (thus eliminated any competing nations). Then occupy them. Not really nation-building, that was more of the progressive agenda. Just break them up, and then western business interests (oil) could operate without interference from local governments.

There has been a meme being pushed lately from the neoconservatives and some progressives. Bush was right, Obama was wrong for leaving. If that takes hold, we'll see if Cruz goes along with that too.

Here's an example:

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-26-2015 at 11:07 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's suppose that he does run. You are overlooking Paul when he ran for Kentucky Senator in how he handled Trey Grayson at the debates.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Same could have been said regarding Rudy Giuliani. Don't despair just yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I don't think he will be. He has never completely left the limelight, but as a presidential candidate seems not to be getting a whole lot of traction.

It feels just like last time to me. Romney wasn't doing particularly well in the early polls but was still the media darling of the GOP to become the inevitable candidate.