Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why butter and eggs won't kill us after all: Flawed science triggers U-turn on cholesterol fea

Thumbs up Why butter and eggs won't kill us after all: Flawed science triggers U-turn on cholesterol fea

The Holistic practitioners have been saying this for years!

Why butter and eggs won't kill us after all: Flawed science triggers U-turn on cholesterol fears

By Chris Brooke
    25 May 2015

For decades they have been blacklisted as foods to avoid, the cause of deadly thickening of the arteries, heart disease and strokes.

But the science which warned us off eating eggs – along with other high-cholesterol foods such as butter, shellfish, bacon and liver – could have been flawed, a key report in the US has found.

Foods high in cholesterol have been branded a danger to human health since the 1970s – a warning that has long divided the medical establishment.

A growing number of experts have been arguing there is no link between high cholesterol in food and dangerous levels of the fatty substance in the blood.

Now, in a move signalling a dramatic change of stance on the issue, the US government is to accept advice to drop cholesterol from its list of 'nutrients of concern'.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've eaten 3 fried eggs every morning for close to 2 decades now. I'm fine.

Ron said "avoid the whites" I agree.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

A lot of the Paleo nutritionists say this as well. Eggs have cholesterol, but don't raise levels in your body.

Does this mean I have to start eating margarine and white bread to maintain my contrarian status?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    A lot of the Paleo nutritionists say this as well. Eggs have cholesterol, but don't raise levels in your body.
    Even if the levels are raised it not something to freak out about, as doctors have made people do. You need cholesterol--your brain needs it and your arteries need it to keep from getting brittle. Also Vitamin D is synthesized from cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Even if the levels are raised it not something to freak out about, as doctors have made people do. You need cholesterol--your brain needs it and your arteries need it to keep from getting brittle. Also Vitamin D is synthesized from cholesterol.
    I remember giving blood at 18 and being told my cholesterol was too high, pfffft. My older brother took the statins for a few years, I told him he was nuts. He finally quit taking them.
    "The Patriarch"

I've been eating fried eggs and all sorts of foods the cholesterol nazis have always fear-mongered about for more than half my life. I'm healthier than evarrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I remember giving blood at 18 and being told my cholesterol was too high, pfffft. My older brother took the statins for a few years, I told him he was nuts. He finally quit taking them.
    It's good to hear he quit taking them. Statins started my father on a downward spiral of health issues and he never recovered.

Does this mean I have to start eating margarine and white bread to maintain my contrarian status?
    Yuk!

In that instance I'm sure you would choose conformity which would be contrarian to your demeanor so.........still contrarian.

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And lets not forget that testosterone is made almost entirely from cholesterol.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Quit hijacking tods account Danke.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    In that instance I'm sure you would choose conformity which would be contrarian to your demeanor so.........still contrarian.
    Whew. I was just going to make breakfast.
    "The Patriarch"

My older brother took the statins for a few years, I told him he was nuts. He finally quit taking them.
    Well, don't just leave us hanging like that! Is he still nuts ...?

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Well, don't just leave us hanging like that! Is he still nuts ...?

He lives in Seattle........
    "The Patriarch"

He lives in Seattle........
    Ah. Still nuts, then ...

The oxidized cholesterol in processed foods, rancid oils, trans fats and refined sugars should be avoided like the plague because they can definitely play a negative role in heart health issues down the road.

Y'all are killing me...I've already had breakfast but I'm going to go make some eggs now.

Enjoying second breakfast. Fried eggs, grits, and sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Enjoying second breakfast. Fried eggs, grits, and sausage.
    Grits is more a treat than a staple to me. Still pretty good once in a blue moon, though. IDK where to get grits in this city. They're easy to find in Kentucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

But the science which warned us off eating eggs – along with other high-cholesterol foods such as butter, shellfish, bacon and liver – could have been flawed, a key report in the US has found.
    Not to rain on the parade, but as tasty as bacon is, it's not the fat or cholesterol that is the problem. It's the preservatives, chemicals and dyes that go into most bacon...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Not to rain on the parade, but as tasty as bacon is, it's not the fat or cholesterol that is the problem. It's the preservatives, chemicals and dyes that go into most bacon...
    Yes, agreed. If you are going to eat bacon buy it uncured with no nitrates/nitrites added.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    "avoid the whites"
    Racist.

Reported. lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I love fried eggs, but alas my breakfast today and most days is Strawberry/Spinach/Kale/Fat Free Milk/Protein/Peanut Butter/Smoothie...

Everything in moderation, says I... got my boyish figure to maintain after all!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Grits is more a treat than a staple to me. Still pretty good once in a blue moon, though. IDK where to get grits in this city. They're easy to find in Kentucky.
    They are for me too. We keep 'em around because my mom needs her grits.

You can buy them at the grocery store and cook them.

The way Yankee's view grits:

The way Yankee's view grits:

This is the best way to eat grits. You mix up your sausage and fried eggs (over easy, ya want plenty of runny yolk) in the grits and make breakfast slop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast