Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why men won't marry you

Maybe because happily married men don't have time to talk about it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Well,, that's good to know. And despite claims to the contrary there are women who haven't either.

I don't believe in marriage regardless. It's crap from the past and should stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    I don't believe in marriage regardless. It's crap from the past and should stay there.
    What if two people want to get married?
    "The Patriarch"

Humans did just fine for millions of years without "the institution of marriage." I suggest that the "institution of marriage" is in fact a strong tool for government control.

It seems that many women lose sexual interest in their mate once they have successfully procreated. This seems to be rather significant incongruity between the sexes, and seems to beg the question about long-term monogamy. Many women also seem to want to continually test their mates to validate the strength of the relationship and the devotion of their mate. This gets really old, seemingly petty, and tiresome for many men.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-25-2015 at 07:57 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if two people want to get married?
    Some type of 12 step program?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    It seems that many women lose sexual interest in their mate once they have successfully procreated. This seems to be rather significant incongruity between the sexes, and seems to beg the question about long-term monogamy. Many women also seem to want to continually test their mates to validate the strength of the relationship and the devotion of their mate. This gets really old, seemingly petty, and tiresome for many men.
    Who says? Of the people I talk to, their intimacy gets better and more creative the longer they are married.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Indeed. I know women who don't have to.
    None of them "have to"... I mean, is someone holding a gun to their heads?

I can picture it now... sex scene, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale:

BORIS

Nehtesheh... vat is metter vit yu? Vy von't yu kummink?

NATASHA

Oh Boereees... I am havink head ake...

BORIS STOPS HUFFING, PUTS TOKAREV TO NATASHA'S HEAD

BORIS

Caam now Nehtesheh... yu vill commink or I blovink brains all over brand new gas stove.

NATASHA

Baat Boris...

BORIS

Now now Nehtesheh... don't makink reepeetink self

NATASHA

Oh.... Boris... Is so BIG... Is so HARD... I... I... I sink I em kummink...

OHHHHHHHHH... BORIS... I am havink climecks... Oh Boris... Boris... Boris...

END VIGNETTE

Does that pretty well nutshell the situation, or have I missed something?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Who says? Of the people I talk to, their intimacy gets better and more creative the longer they are married.
    Then why are so many people getting divorced if it just gets better and better and better?

I can't explain the divorce rate except to suggest people have very short attention spans and probably get married for the wrong reasons. The point of the article in the OP suggested that single women who sleep around are hurting their chances. Based on my experience, I wouldn't sleep with a man to whom I wasn't married because I think good sex depends a lot on a good relationship and being able to do what you like, not what some random guy thinks I want.
    #NashvilleStrong

I can take the house, half the money, the kids, and get him to pay me a monthly stipend.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Humans did just fine for millions of years without "the institution of marriage." I suggest that the "institution of marriage" is in fact a strong tool for government control.
    Funny, that.

The more men were allowed to be men, and people to be themselves more generally, it seems the healthier and happier the population in question. Empire brought nothing but disease of spirit in its wake. It has destroyed literally everything it has touched. It has brought death and misery to the entire world, and for what? So we can have museums and theaters? Roadways and aircraft? For me, if a withered spirit is the price of public monuments and large, impressive edifices, then I say screw all of it. If men had any sense and real courage, they would turn their backs to all this death and turn toward life. I don't know if you can have the tech. with properly free life, but how does one purge the insanity from the minds of people that has been dragged across the milennia and expanded upon by each successive generation's ever deeper neuroses, courtesy of the fundamental disease of mind that Empire carries with it? I don't think it can be done.

You live in a real freak-show, don't you?

Seriously, I find Anaconda's description to be on the money in the vast majority of cases with which I am personally familiar. I've watched 20 years of marriage drain all the interest out of couples, only to end in divorce, some of them very bitter, but the really bad ones carrying with them a sense of deadness, as if the parties in question were simply going through motions, waiting for life's end to arrive and visit its mercy upon them. I wish this were an exaggeration, but it is really not.

If people want to get married, by all means they should. I would, however, endeavor to teach children about expectations, which appears to be nowhere on the educational menu these days. In the old days, children had their parents in front of them most of the time. The heard mom and dad screwing, arguing, making up, dealing with life, with them, with each other, and so on. These days tons of parents are literal strangers to their children in so many ways. We live largely isolated lives, what with faces buried in their stupid cell phones 19 hours/day. No wonder people don't know anything worth knowing.

I know there are those couples as you describe, but they are pretty uncommon when compared with the rest. Overall, I find the majority of adults' lives to be more like those of sad, lost children who go through motions that after a while they forget why they go through them, but keep on keeping on... because? They no longer know. That is just pathetic.

There seems to be two phases in the lives of many modern people: the raising children phase, which ends in merciful divorce at the end of 18 - 25 years of progressively worsening hell, and the "Now I'm going to go $#@!ing be happy and to hell with all y'all assenholes" phase. In that phase sometimes people reconnect with old high school or college flames, or just someone with whom life is very regular and calm and content. Then you get old and die.

This "until death do us part" thing with the judeo-christian marriage ceremony is idiotic, IMO, because most people cannot keep that promise... so why make it? Just makes you look like a keen douche. But if you stay because you gave your word, that empty and dead look in your eyes doesn't do much good, either.

Honestly, I think most religion does more harm than good, but that is another topic for no time in the future because it never resolves. Do what thou wilt, as I always say.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Not so fast. A single man who has many partners has done nothing but show he can get one woman, one time. A man who has good skills, and is willing to get better, will keep a wife for life.
    A better man gets more than one woman at a time.

When I was younger and in my prime
    I used to gang bang all the tiii-iiime
    But now I'm older and turning grey
    I only gang-bang twice a day-ay
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I can take the house, half the money, the kids, and get him to pay me a monthly stipend.
    What guy wouldn't want to dive headlong into that contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

/thread and pony up the rep, assenholes.

Depends on how you define "just fine". Prior to the existence of marriage, polygamy was the norm all over the world, and the wives did not get "complimentarian" roles. Men tended to marry women primarily to acquire land/riches/status/sire heirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Funny, that.

The more men were allowed to be men, and people to be themselves more generally, it seems the healthier and happier the population in question. Empire brought nothing but disease of spirit in its wake. It has destroyed literally everything it has touched. It has brought death and misery to the entire world, and for what? So we can have museums and theaters? Roadways and aircraft? For me, if a withered spirit is the price of public monuments and large, impressive edifices, then I say screw all of it. If men had any sense and real courage, they would turn their backs to all this death and turn toward life. I don't know if you can have the tech. with properly free life, but how does one purge the insanity from the minds of people that has been dragged across the milennia and expanded upon by each successive generation's ever deeper neuroses, courtesy of the fundamental disease of mind that Empire carries with it? I don't think it can be done.

Seriously, I find Anaconda's description to be on the money in the vast majority of cases with which I am personally familiar. I've watched 20 years of marriage drain all the interest out of couples, only to end in divorce, some of them very bitter, but the really bad ones carrying with them a sense of deadness, as if the parties in question were simply going through motions, waiting for life's end to arrive and visit its mercy upon them. I wish this were an exaggeration, but it is really not.

If people want to get married, by all means they should. I would, however, endeavor to teach children about expectations, which appears to be nowhere on the educational menu these days. In the old days, children had their parents in front of them most of the time. The heard mom and dad screwing, arguing, making up, dealing with life, with them, with each other, and so on. These days tons of parents are literal strangers to their children in so many ways. We live largely isolated lives, what with faces buried in their stupid cell phones 19 hours/day. No wonder people don't know anything worth knowing.

I know there are those couples as you describe, but they are pretty uncommon when compared with the rest. Overall, I find the majority of adults' lives to be more like those of sad, lost children who go through motions that after a while they forget why they go through them, but keep on keeping on... because? They no longer know. That is just pathetic.

There seems to be two phases in the lives of many modern people: the raising children phase, which ends in merciful divorce at the end of 18 - 25 years of progressively worsening hell, and the "Now I'm going to go $#@!ing be happy and to hell with all y'all assenholes" phase. In that phase sometimes people reconnect with old high school or college flames, or just someone with whom life is very regular and calm and content. Then you get old and die.

This "until death do us part" thing with the judeo-christian marriage ceremony is idiotic, IMO, because most people cannot keep that promise... so why make it? Just makes you look like a keen douche. But if you stay because you gave your word, that empty and dead look in your eyes doesn't do much good, either.

Honestly, I think most religion does more harm than good, but that is another topic for no time in the future because it never resolves. Do what thou wilt, as I always say.
    Incredibly well-written piece. You're a fine writer.

Oh...holy $#@! I hurt myself laughing at this.

None of them "have to"... I mean, is someone holding a gun to their heads?

I can picture it now... sex scene, Boris Badenov and Natasha Fatale:

BORIS

Nehtesheh... vat is metter vit yu? Vy von't yu kummink?

NATASHA

Oh Boereees... I am havink head ake...

BORIS STOPS HUFFING, PUTS TOKAREV TO NATASHA'S HEAD

BORIS

Caam now Nehtesheh... yu vill commink or I blovink brains all over brand new gas stove.

NATASHA

Baat Boris...

BORIS

Now now Nehtesheh... don't makink reepeetink self

NATASHA

Oh.... Boris... Is so BIG... Is so HARD... I... I... I sink I em kummink...

OHHHHHHHHH... BORIS... I am havink climecks... Oh Boris... Boris... Boris...

END VIGNETTE

Does that pretty well nutshell the situation, or have I missed something?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Depends on how you define "just fine". Prior to the existence of marriage, polygamy was the norm all over the world, and the wives did not get "complimentarian" roles. Men tended to marry women primarily to acquire land/riches/status/sire heirs.
    But men did not marry for riches 800,000 years ago.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-25-2015 at 08:58 PM.

Funny, that.

...how you have cheered me.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...how you have cheered me.
    Make sure you read just before the next time you have sex.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Butthurt threads like this always serve to make me feel really lucky.

does this mean you are unmarried?

But men did not marry for riches 800,000 years ago.
    I am not an expert in super-ancient history, but I'd be surprised if you were right. Got a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Make sure you read just before the next time you have sex.
    That could be inconvenient...

But, yea, didn't mean to make light of the problem (well, yea I did, but that's neither here nor there).

As the laws are currently, I have no intention to marry any woman.

Nor do I intend to shout "******" at 3am in Harlem. I'm not a masochist.

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast