Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why men won't marry you

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    I think you went one too far with that one.
    It's true. To be a man who gets laid a lot, you need confidence, social worth and a willingness to take risks. Those are all social skills that lots of men don't have, many of whom pay exorbitant amounts of money to learn. To be a woman who gets laid a lot, all you need to be is young, decent looking and be willing to have lots of sex.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Womens lives matter.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Womens lives matter.
    Not according to Paleotard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Not according to Paleotard.
    Now you're just being silly. I'm the one who says men should protect the women in their lives.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    It's true. To be a man who gets laid a lot, you need confidence, social worth and a willingness to take risks..
    Or beer.

I make good food, that may be even more important than sex--if you're seeking to get married, that is. Not entirely sure why anyone would want to do that anymore though, it's a farce.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I make good food, that may be even more important than sex--if you're seeking to get married, that is. Not entirely sure why anyone would want to do that anymore though, it's a farce.
    polygamy More sex, more food.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    polygamy More sex, more food.
    Good luck with the polygamy. Don't think you'll see much good food from Mormons though.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Now you're just being silly. I'm the one who says men should protect the women in their lives.
    For those earlier remarks, You got yourself a temp ban.

Maybe think over your behavior this next month.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Marriage doesn't make logical sense. At least, the marriage contract doesn't. It's ridiculously unfair and one sided, you'd have to either be an idiot, or have no self respect at all to sign that piece of paper.

Every single relationship is unique, so it makes sense that every relationship needs a unique contract. The woman might be a high power executive, while than man is a beach bum. A relationship like that should have a far different marriage contract than one in which the man is the main breadwinner. It just makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say two people are married, and they have an argument. It's likely that neither he or she is 100% right, but they battle it out, throw some dirty glances, and then kiss and make up. Every single couple on the face of the earth goes through this scenario. But now let's say that the woman, through the unfair marriage contract, can leave whenever she wants, and take the kids with her. Now all of a sudden, she wins every single argument. Because if she doesn't get her way, she can threaten to leave, and her husband will cave in to her demands every time.

Suddenly, she loses respect for him. He's no longer her man, he's a weakling that she can boss around and treat like dirt if she wants to. He's no longer desirable for her. So she finds some excuse to leave him. Now she's a single mom, on government benefits, collecting alimony from her husband who's only allowed to see his kids once a week. She finds a boyfriend, someone she can actually respect, to take care of her needs. The children are harmed, but the wife has it pretty good, at least in the short run.

---------------------------------------

The type of woman that you'd find in the above scenario is most likely going to be the "ex party girl" type. Someone who craves sexual adventure, and never wants to be bound to a single man.

Going through college, I must of met thousands of these girls. They glorify partying to almost a religous extreme. They buy all sorts of fancy getups and prepare for hours, like an athlete training for a race. A couple of the girls I knew actually went broke, and couldn't afford their books or rent, but they had enough money for a $500 dress and a new shot glass. It's all the most beautiful girls too.

I think somehow they've been told, either in school, or by their parents, that when they're young, they're supposed to go nuts and sleep with half the town. The truth is that in the eyes of a lot of men, this ruins them for marriage. Do you really want the mother of your children to be somebody who's slept with 50 guys, is covered in tattoos, and is habitually drunk? This isn't feminine at all, it's actually pretty disgusting.

Historically, purity has been a great virtue. Most men I've talked to would prefer to marry a virgin, or at least the closest they can get. This is what men actually want in a wife, someone who is devoted to them. A blushing giggling beautiful bride. Not an old used up party chick who curses like a sailor, and talks like a man.

So for me personally, if you're a party girl or a slut, I won't touch you. You are the plague. Second of all, I will never sign that unfair marriage contract. We can have a big ceremony, stand at the altar, say our vows. But either we draw up a private contract, or if that's not allowed, we don't sign anything and just live together.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Marriage doesn't make logical sense. At least, the marriage contract doesn't. It's ridiculously unfair and one sided, you'd have to either be an idiot, or have no self respect at all to sign that piece of paper.

Every single relationship is unique, so it makes sense that every relationship needs a unique contract. The woman might be a high power executive, while than man is a beach bum. A relationship like that should have a far different marriage contract than one in which the man is the main breadwinner. It just makes sense.

Let's say two people are married, and they have an argument. It's likely that neither he or she is 100% right, but they battle it out, throw some dirty glances, and then kiss and make up. Every single couple on the face of the earth goes through this scenario. But now let's say that the woman, through the unfair marriage contract, can leave whenever she wants, and take the kids with her. Now all of a sudden, she wins every single argument. Because if she doesn't get her way, she can threaten to leave, and her husband will cave in to her demands every time.

Suddenly, she loses respect for him. He's no longer her man, he's a weakling that she can boss around and treat like dirt if she wants to. He's no longer desirable for her. So she finds some excuse to leave him. Now she's a single mom, on government benefits, collecting alimony from her husband who's only allowed to see his kids once a week. She finds a boyfriend, someone she can actually respect, to take care of her needs. The children are harmed, but the wife has it pretty good, at least in the short run.

The type of woman that you'd find in the above scenario is most likely going to be the "ex party girl" type. Someone who craves sexual adventure, and never wants to be bound to a single man.

Going through college, I must of met thousands of these girls. They glorify partying to almost a religous extreme. They buy all sorts of fancy getups and prepare for hours, like an athlete training for a race. A couple of the girls I knew actually went broke, and couldn't afford their books or rent, but they had enough money for a $500 dress and a new shot glass. It's all the most beautiful girls too.

I think somehow they've been told, either in school, or by their parents, that when they're young, they're supposed to go nuts and sleep with half the town. The truth is that in the eyes of a lot of men, this ruins them for marriage. Do you really want the mother of your children to be somebody who's slept with 50 guys, is covered in tattoos, and is habitually drunk? This isn't feminine at all, it's actually pretty disgusting.

Historically, purity has been a great virtue. Most men I've talked to would prefer to marry a virgin, or at least the closest they can get. This is what men actually want in a wife, someone who is devoted to them. A blushing giggling beautiful bride. Not an old used up party chick who curses like a sailor, and talks like a man.

So for me personally, if you're a party girl or a slut, I won't touch you. You are the plague. Second of all, I will never sign that unfair marriage contract. We can have a big ceremony, stand at the altar, say our vows. But either we draw up a private contract, or if that's not allowed, we don't sign anything and just live together.
    Nice post. I specifically like the last part regarding the ceremony. What does it matter if you get a piece of paper from the state saying your married?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I didn't say you did. You were complaining about my response to Paleotard up there. I don't believe in painting an entire gender with that broad of a brush. And so what if they are sexually active? Is it affecting you? Do you think young college age men have multiple sex partners? Is that slutty behavior? No..it's widely accepted. They are over 18 I could care less what they do on their own time. I'm not the slut shamer or the sex police.
    Damn right

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's true. To be a man who gets laid a lot, you need confidence, social worth and a willingness to take risks. Those are all social skills that lots of men don't have, many of whom pay exorbitant amounts of money to learn. To be a woman who gets laid a lot, all you need to be is young, decent looking and be willing to have lots of sex.
    Sounds like you have very limited experience.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-21-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    As far as child custody goes (in the event that you and your parenting partner split) - not a bit.
    In terms of the effective tax rate on what you leave to your surviving partner in the event of your death - quite a bit.
    You're saying that even if I avoid a marriage contract, I'll still be at the mercy of the one sided family court system? Is there any way to get a fair deal?

You're saying that even if I avoid a marriage contract, I'll still be at the mercy of the one sided family court system? Is there any way to get a fair deal?
    No.

Well, yes. Be 100% certain the woman you marry won't turn on you.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No.

Well, yes. Be 100% certain the woman you marry won't turn on you.
    That just isn't right. How can anyone live with that guillotine over their head?

That just isn't right. How can anyone live with that guillotine over their head?
    As the title suggest, many just choose not to. It's a pretty obvious trend.
    "The Patriarch"

And that's really sad. I don't like it that marriage is seen in that light. I've been married since the last part of the Carter administration, and while it isn't always rainbows and unicorns, the good far outweighs the bad.

There are good men and women out there who can be successful at marriage. I hope they all find each other and have very happy families.

In the meantime, people who are not married, or who are in less stable relationships need to get some help. Societies are as stable as marriages are.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-21-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

LOL Women with tattoos are drunks sluts

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    For those earlier remarks, You got yourself a temp ban.

Maybe think over your behavior this next month.
    What remarks got him banned?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

If I weren't married, I would go on a date with you but I ain't gonna pick ticks off of ya.
    so i guess im out then?

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-21-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Probably the #1 reason I never got married is that I could never come up with a good answer to that question.

xxxxx

xxxxx

It's tough to say which specific remark got him the TRO - he was using a fire hose to spray them out.
    As I can tell, he gets a lot of criticism for not being PC, I remarked on that about him once in that he was refreshing and I suddenly became his "sockpuppet" even tho I've disagreed with him (respectfully) here and there. I'm not saying the owners of this site don't have a right to decide what types of conversation they allow and which not, I know far too many people like to pull the "free speech" card not realizing the 1st Amend only applies to govt, but even still, I was a bit surprised to see how PC this place is and how certain views and topics seem to not even be open for discussion, I hate to just say the term SJW as I know it gets abused, but it does seem as tho there are quite a few here and in the "Liberty Movement" as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Damn right
    I don't think he was implying govt laws, this was a discussion about personal feelings and social attitudes. From a legal standpoint, I don't "care" if someone eats like crap and weighs 400pds, on a personal level, I would very much advise against it. So, from a legal standpoint, do I "care" if a woman is the neighborhood cum receptacle, now, on a personal level however, I would strongly advise against it.

Another generalization that sounds great but doesn't stand. There are no shortages of patriarchal families headed by pipe-fitting, automobile-building, iron-working patriarchs who adore FDR, LBJ, social security, medicare, their flag-waving "love it or leave it" mottos and their labor unions.
    You have some points here, but it does seem odd that people in power, at least in modern Western society, are working overtime to create broken homes and I'd say people who no longer have family/community inevitably turn to...who?
    Last edited by HankRicther12; 05-25-2015 at 07:36 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by HankRicther12 View Post
    You have some points here, but it does seem odd that people in power, at least in modern Western society, are working overtime to create broken homes and I'd say people who no longer have family/community inevitably turn to...who?
    The target is any loyalty that stands above loyalty to the State. So family and religion are the two greatest enemies to the will to power of a totalitarian state.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast