Thread: ~Activism Alert! Senate Outreach Project - Time is Short, Need Help!~

~Activism Alert! Senate Outreach Project - Time is Short, Need Help!~

This started out as a reply in a previous thread, but I thought it would be better to start a new topic. I would really like to collaborate with all the fine RPF'ers here who would like to help move this project along so we can get something going.

I didn't realize it until witnessing the surge of people in support of Rand's ass kickery this week, that we (the RPF population) have been needing something universal to draw in potential activists, more grassroots involvement and everyday website activity. I believe what is happening right now with Section 215 is that exact moment where we can get people new to Rand Paul (or Politics) excited about our candidate in a fun and easy way.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Do you realize that if Rand Paul is successful in ending the Patriot Act - even if symbolically - then he WILL be President.

Call your Senators. Now.
    Can't agree more! Not even half a day later and we're already hearing people on forums, comment sections and friends/family who are all in align with Rand on this issue. Even people who believe "Republican" is an ideological label to avoid like the plague.

This is a tremendous opportunity and I'm going to try and make a nice non-Randish specific copy/pasta for a project promo below to share everywhere I think would be effective getting new (or current) people involved in lobbying their Senators and hopefully would spill over into actual support for a Rand presidential campaign. It would be great if everyone else could share it too!

Edit: Thanks for the anonymous soldiers who finished filling out all the necessary text on the spreadsheet while I typed this up! Really appreciated

---Start---

After the events unfolded in the late session of Congress and by the valiant efforts made by a handful of Senators; We, as American citizens, are left with the greatest opportunity in over a decade to end the PATRIOT Act's unconstitutional and (Court Ruled) illegal warantless mass collection of our private and personal data.

So! We're gonna dig in and get the ball rolling on some easy and effective activism we can do from now until Sunday (May 31st) to help show our support for those whom have already made the first crucial and necessary steps in restoring and defending our 4th Amendment Rights. These Senators will be subject to extreme pressure this entire week from the Executive branch, intelligence industry lobbyists and even their fellow peers. It will be very crucial for us, as voters, to get a resounding message of support to those public officials who stand in favor of our personal liberties.

We need all the help we can get collaborating everyone's efforts to contact Senators with phone calls and email letters. Anyone that wants to do some quick and effective grassroots work to ensure a constant flow of public pressure for ending the PATRIOT Act's Section 215, is encouraged to use and share ~ THIS DOCUMENT ~ It will be used as a Central Hub of information where we can record our progress, easily share with others and encourage everyone to get involved and exercise their Rights as voters in this very important moment.

Since it is a holiday vacation, there is a 99% chance you will be speaking/writing to an underpaid (if paid at all) intern or aide. Despite the contentious nature of politics, it is important when delivering your message to be clear, courteous and respectful. They will take your message and pass it along to the Senator when he/she is available.

**If you feel strongly about this effort, but aren't sure of political phrasing or the technical details regarding Section 215: We will have some template messages on the first page of <This Project Thread> to get an idea of what to information to include or simply use word for word**

How to get Started!

1. Open the document link and locate, if applicable, your State Senator. If they aren't included or highlighted in RED, perhaps you would like to take this opportunity to respectfully let them know your disappointment with them as a representative. While it may not be the most effective use of our time, it can be quite fulfilling.
    2. When you find your state US Senator(s) use the contact information provided to make a phone call. It will take all of 1-2 minutes and will quickly become easier and less awkward the more frequently you do. If it's your Senator, at the end of your message include a name and county along with mentioning votes you've cast for them (or future considerations).
    3. After you've made a call or email, please take the time to change the previous number in the corresponding [# of Contacts] column to reflect your contribution to this group effort. Being able to quantitatively see everyone working together as we influence change.
    4. If you've called your own Senators, but still want to do even more, (you MVP, you) then take this time to find BLUE Senators and call them to leave a simple thank you.
    5. The last step and arguably most important is sharing this message. Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and even your friends and family. Don't let the message stop at you, spread Liberty like wild fire.

If you've come this far and you're excited to do what you can (Even if its a single phone call) Then we're glad to have you standing with us. It is the small efforts that all of us can do together that will make this successful.

If you are beginning to resonate with Rand Paul as a possible presidential candidate you would consider supporting, feel free to stop by RonPaulForums.com and take a look at all the information, ask questions and get involved with activism efforts like this one.
    ---End---

If you want to post this elsewhere, here are format changed word documents of this post for other forums:

reddit
    Forums like RPF
    Filtered HTML (Popular Liberty Format)
    Last edited by DonovanJames; 05-24-2015 at 02:03 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Like the court ruled part. couldn't agree more about the opportunity. Will comment more when I get back.

fyi - there needs to be another grassroots effort as much or more, attempting to reach media figures, radio, and open forums. We started hating Mitch so much exactly because we put a lot of effort into the bank bailouts calling senators etc, which he harmed. Probably main reason Matt Bevin had support to run against him in 2014 (in my opinion).

Lets never forget our target audience is - voters and people we can recruit. Range this war. And the more voters you get, the more senators listen. The senators, acting likes asses, are more a means to reach voters - who see it.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 05-23-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Ello ladies and gents! Was running late for a small get together and I wanted to get this up before leaving so I had to post as is without a final edit thru. I usually write and edit as I go and it's a painfully slow process.

Would greatly appreciate someone taking a look and let me know if you find any grammatical, punctuation or down right dumb $#@! then let me know so I can correct.

The body below the ---start--- is something I'm hoping to share and have anyone else share too in email, social media and anywhere else it's presence is tolerated.

Will be back late tonight, thanks!

I have already emailed my senators, Burr and Tillis, both establishment Republicans. I have asked for a response, but of course they are out of town for a week and neither cares about what their constituents want. So, I don't know what else I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I have already emailed my senators, Burr and Tillis, both establishment Republicans. I have asked for a response, but of course they are out of town for a week and neither cares about what their constituents want. So, I don't know what else I can do.
    If either are on the Google list, could you add a tally in the # of contacts column for them?. The other thing we can do is contact the Senators who voted NO, not of our own state and let them know they have support. There will be a lot of card checks this week and shaky hands will fold if we're not proactive

hmm, which of my Senators to email, Rand or Mitch?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Filtered HTML (Popular Liberty Format)

Was trying to make this post in a format that works for Popular Liberty but I'm really not familiar with the formatting style. Anyone a pro over there that can help?

Here's the PL post if you can upvote for visibility
    Last edited by DonovanJames; 05-24-2015 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Both of coarse. One of support and one of deep disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Showoff.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Who ever did the letter to the editors, would you feel OK with posting them here so that others could muse some ideas off of it? Myself included