Thread: Isn’t Something Very Important Missing?

Isn’t Something Very Important Missing?

From LRC...

Laurence M. Vance

Isn’t something very important missing from the newest Marine Corps ad? It is called Toward the Sounds of Chaos.

“Where chaos looms, the few emerge. Marines move toward the sounds of tyranny, injustice and despair — with the courage and resolve to silence them. By ending conflict, instilling order and helping those who can’t help themselves, Marines face down the threats of our time.”

Marines move throughout the world toward the sounds of tyranny, injustice, and despair. Not mentioned is the Marine Corps doing anything to actually defend the United States. And not mentioned is the tyranny and injustice of U.S. foreign wars unnecessarily fought by the Marine Corps and the despair it has brought to millions of people around the world.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...rtant-missing/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anyone ever made a map that shows the U.S. its territories, and its occupied territories?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Dr. Vance also seems to be missing something. The US is not controlled by a military junta. Marine Generals don't decide to go head hunting in third world shxtholes and Admirals don't decide to dump them on the beach just because they're cruising by. GOFOs don't make those decisions until they doff the uniform and put on a suit and tie.

Former military continuing into the halls of political power peaked in the late 70's and has trended down ever since.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Has anyone ever made a map that shows the U.S. its territories, and its occupied territories?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    lol
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    From LRC...

Laurence M. Vance

It is kinda sad for me really. I once was "the tip of the spear" willing to give it all. Then "Desert Strom" happened and I was like WTF? Didn't we learn our lesson in Veitnam?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I once was "the tip of the spear" willing to give it all. Then "Desert Strom" happened
    How badly did you want to bang Ronald Reagan?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When $#@! really does go down and people do look the US armed forces for hope, the US is really the only real hope, they are never answered.

Run a chart of civil wars or crises where short term intervention with a timely response would have been really valuable. The marines involved in any of those? Nope.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    How badly did you want to bang Ronald Reagan?
    I bet you were not even born then, or at least a grade schooler. You think you were so smart back then, really?

Y.a, I really wanted to bang Ronald Reagan. Do you have a clue where we we at in the Cold War back then? Hindsight is 20 20. Any warrior that I fought with was willing to die or be captured in the fight they believed in. I know know much I didn't know then, so spit in my face if that makes you feel better, but I got your back, nonetheless.
    Last edited by Danke; 05-23-2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.