Thread: 10 Ways Sex Heals Your Body

Cool 10 Ways Sex Heals Your Body

MAY 20, 2015 by APRIL McCARTHY
    10 Ways Sex Heals Your Body

What's the fountain youth, secret to happiness, and key to health, longevity and a stress-free lifestyle? It's something that gives pleasure and one of life's most beautiful experiences to be shared with another human being.

1) Lowers stress
    Sex helps to create a balance between our emotional and mental health as it is a great stress buster. After sex, the brain releases endorphins that decrease stress, inducing a state of euphoria, in an individual.

During sex your body produces dopamine, a substance that fights stress hormones, endorphins, aka "happiness hormones" and oxytocin, a desire-enhancing hormone secreted by the pituitary gland.

In a study, published in the Public Library of Science journal, three neuroscience researchers conducted a test on male rats and found that the sexually active rats were less anxious than rats with no sexual activity.

2) Boosts our immune system
    Regular lovemaking boosts the body's production of virus fighting chemicals. Recent research has revealed that regular sex can maintain antibodies at a higher level, thereby protecting us against infection.

Immunoglobulin A, an antigen that fights the flu increases when the frequency of sex increases.

3) Improves sleep
    If you suffer from insomnia, then try having sex before you head to bed, as it induces sleep. After that great, lovely workout you are bound to get good sleep. But guess what? Sex works the same way as exercise. The increased heart rate leads to increased post-coital relaxation. Sex could be the next thing for insomniacs!

4) Prostate Protection
    Most of the fluid you ejaculate is secreted by the prostate gland. If you stop ejaculating, the fluid stays in the gland, which tends to swell, causing lots of problems. Regular ejaculation will wash those fluids out and ensure the well being of your prostate until old age. Researchers have found that men who had five or more ejaculations weekly while in their 20s reduced their risk of getting prostate cancer later by a third. Another study, reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that frequent ejaculations, 21 or more a month, were linked to lower prostate cancer risk in older men, as well, compared with less frequent ejaculations of four to seven monthly.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm all for it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

That's what I'm talkin' about!

bow chicka bow wow

Huh. According to this I was supposed to be dead by the time I hit 35.....

Wonderful article. Thanks for posting!
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

11. It feels good.

12. Husbands are happy. And wives.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    MG didn't need no article to tell him this stuff ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    MG didn't need no article to tell him this stuff ...
    MG was a prophet.

The One Star Stalker needs to get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The One Star Stalker needs to get laid.
    14. An orgasm a day keeps the attitude away.

You got problems when you 1 star sex.

14. An orgasm a day keeps the attitude away.

You got problems when you 1 star sex.
    God knows there are a lot of uptight people on this forum.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

No kidding. Push away from the computer and spend some time with your spouse.
    #NashvilleStrong

Poor Rudy. He can imagine going to Mars but he can't imagine getting laid. O_o

rudyspeaks • a day ago
    Great. One more thing only the rich can afford. And women, assuming they're game. But if you're over 40 and not rich it's like telling you of the health effects of going to Mars...well, not exactly...I can imagine, theoretically, going to Mars.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 09:35 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I was on my deathbed sick last week -- quite literally figured a few times if I did manage to wake up again that it would be under some ER lights or my wife pounding on my chest. Every morning DW would ask me if I was feeling better and I would croak that it was tough to tell. Finally after a week I was able to croak in the affirmative that I was going to be ok, I was due for an upswing. She asked how I knew that, I simply pointed out mini-me had come out of his coma. That's right, I knew I was going to live because I woke up with morning wood.
    Glad to hear you both pulled through, specs.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    She asked how I knew that, I simply pointed out mini-me had come out of his coma. That's right, I knew I was going to live because I woke up with morning wood.
    sexy

Poor Rudy. He can imagine going to Mars but he can't imagine getting laid. O_o
    No kidding. And don't tell my husband it's something only the rich can afford. It would come as a complete surprise to him.
    Last edited by euphemia; 05-23-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong