Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on The Lead w/ Jake Tapper 5/22/15

[Video] Rand Paul on The Lead w/ Jake Tapper 5/22/15

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MqyeYbwnK8

--

Last edited by jct74; 05-23-2015 at 02:04 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

on now, in studio

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    on now, in studio
    Where is that studio? Is Rand going to potentially miss the USA Freedom Act Vote along with the Trade Promotion Authority vote?

Edit: I see it is in Washington D.C. - good!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him." - James D. Miles"

So only the Kurds have to give up land to the TURKS... Sellout.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I dont know... I imagine a huge terrorist attack will occur if Rand wins and it'll either force Rand to go full out neo-con mode, make him look weak, or make him wrong.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Really interesting tone and talking points by Rand. Rand is a smart Politian. If you notice, he is focusing on two things ... politics and military actions against ISIS that do not involve US boots on the ground ....If the other candidates want to "out hawk" Rand on this they have to champion American soldiers on the ground again in Iraq in sizeable numbers. Not a popular message in most polls. Secondly, he's talking about focusing the spying on potential terrorists and not "John Q Public". Nice comeback here by Rand I think. I think we will start to see a bit a poll and money bump from this in the coming weeks.

Every time I want to donate to Rand Paul's campaign, he opens his mouth says some stupid $#@! about the Syria war. How is it so hard to call the Turkish and Saudi's out for supporting ISIS? He then doubles down and says the Iranian sponsored militia are the bad guys. Essentially, he calls the best fighters fighting ISIS as the bad guys.

I cannot get myself to support his campaign with my hard earned money with him talking this foolishness about Syria. There is a line I just cannot cross.

Rand is for sending Assad into exile and partitioning northern Syria? What?! He's really into the USA engaging in nation building. How about letting the ME fight it out and winner take all?

Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Rand is for sending Assad into Exile and partitioning northern Syria? What?! He's really into the USA engaging in nation building. How about letting the ME fight it out and winner take all?
    Nation building? I was thinking nation creation with his foolish idea to give the Kurds something he doesn't own. If you think the US is bad at nation building, wait till you see how well they perform with nation creation. This interview just killed my appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Every time I want to donate to Rand Paul's campaign, he opens his mouth says some stupid $#@! about the Syria war. How is it so hard to call the Turkish and Saudi's out for supporting ISIS?
    He could go deeper than that, but that would be a very good start. No partitioning, no exiling Assad. Just call out the sponsors of ISIS.

Nation building? I was thinking nation creation with his foolish idea to give the Kurds something he doesn't own. If you think the US is bad at nation building, wait till you see how well they perform with nation creation. This interview just killed my appetite.

Nation building - nation creation. All the same in my opinion. Rand has serious issues with his foreign policy. Who's advising him? John Bolton?

I think this is where Rand Pauls pragmatism alludes the uninformed viewer. This is similar to when they wanted to increase defense budgets so he submitted a similar budget that balanced the extra defense spending. Rand Paul doesn't effectively endorse the policy of nation building, but he says that if they don't then the alternate is worse and that would be tons of boots on the ground. This is effectively what they want so they have leverage against Iran, but also it may provoke Iran, and most people say that given enough time Iran should fizzle out on its own due to the huge demographic change in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I think this is where Rand Pauls pragmatism alludes the uninformed viewer.
    Really? Uninformed or someone with a different opinion? Rand advocated carving off northern Syria and exiling Assad. What is it you don't understand about that not too subtle appeal to US nation building/creating and interference in Syria's internal affairs?

It's simple to not send US troops to Syria. Just don't send them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sadler View Post
    Really? Uninformed or someone with a different opinion? Rand advocated carving off northern Syria and exiling Assad. What is it you don't understand about that not too subtle appeal to US nation building/creating and interference in Syria's internal affairs?

It's simple to not send US troops to Syria. Just don't send them.
    He is running to be the republican nominee, he is tactfully advocating a middle ground knowing that the left and the right would never agree on a middle ground just like he advocated for the patriot act getting amendments even though he is trying to make sure it tanks... He can't advocate doing nothing without being labeled an isolationist. This is the difference between coverage of him and his dad even though their views are similar.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-gop-hawks.cnn
    Last edited by nikcers; 05-22-2015 at 09:56 PM.

He is running to be the republican nominee, he is tactfully advocating a middle ground knowing that the left and the right would never agree on a middle ground just like he advocated for the patriot act getting amendments even though he is trying to make sure it tanks... He can't advocate doing nothing without being labeled an isolationist. This is the difference between coverage of him and his dad even though their views are similar.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-gop-hawks.cnn
    If compromising with the neocons gives them exactly what they wanted all along, how do you call it a compromise? They want Assad to leave so they can install their Saudi trained, anti Shia, anti Iran Wahhabi puppet. We say exactly that happening in Libya and he had the intelligent to call it out then.

These people want to destroy secular Arab countries, they want to kill Arab Christians and most importantly, they want to wipe out the minority Shia in every country in the ME.

This is not a compromise but a capitulation. I went along with the compromise up until he called for Assad to leave and part of Syria to be given to the Kurds. Him supporting sanctions on Syria and Hezbollah army fighting Isis is one thing but this new plan crosses all the lines for me

Sorry Rand Paul isn't a pure enough isolationist, I guess that's why people like you will oppose him and we will get bush again, and go back into Iraq.

Sorry Rand Paul isn't a pure enough isolationist, I guess that's why people like you will oppose him and we will get bush again, and go back into Iraq.
    Imagine if you wanted to behead a prisoner and I come out against it. Would consider it a compromise if we agreed on cut off the prisoners limbs and letting him bleed to death?

Ofc not, I am not looking for a purist. I supported him when he called for a declaration of war against ISIS and a few other interventionists policies that I cannot think off. I will still vote for him but no more donations from me. Hopefully they will stop sending me letters asking for cash cos this is the line for me

Imagine if you wanted to behead a prisoner and I come out against it. Would consider it a compromise if we agreed on cut off the prisoners limbs and letting him bleed to death?

Ofc not, I am not looking for a purist. I supported him when he called for a declaration of war against ISIS and a few other interventionists policies that I cannot think off. I will still vote for him but no more donations from me. Hopefully they will stop sending me letters asking for cash cos this is the line for me
    imagine I wanted to behead a prisoner, you outright objected it, Rand Paul declares as a media distraction we should give the prisoner a trophey, which requires consent from both of us. Now a troll might say damn that Rand Paul he wants to give prisoners tropheys or, he is going to bankrupt our country by giving EVERYONE tropheys. We both know that Rand Paul doesn't want to give prisoners tropheys. So what happens is a big fat nothing, and Rand Paul cant be labeled as someone who doesn't want to behead prisoners therefore be completely unelectable in a republican primary.
    Last edited by nikcers; 05-22-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Every time I want to donate to Rand Paul's campaign, he opens his mouth says some stupid $#@! about the Syria war. How is it so hard to call the Turkish and Saudi's out for supporting ISIS? He then doubles down and says the Iranian sponsored militia are the bad guys. Essentially, he calls the best fighters fighting ISIS as the bad guys.

I cannot get myself to support his campaign with my hard earned money with him talking this foolishness about Syria. There is a line I just cannot cross.
    He's a non interventionist. That's who he is. Remember, Rand is our Trojan horse, that's his entire strategy, and how he differs from Ron.

Remember all the miraculous things Obama promised when he was running for office? None of them happened, because that's not who he really was. People act on what they believe, not what they say. You can bet your bottom dollar Rand will do everything within his limited human power to come to a peaceful solution in the middle east. He will exhaust every resource and burn every political bridge if he has to. I'll bet he'd even sacrifice his own re-election campaign!

This stand he's taking with the Patriot Act, do you really think this is making him a popular person in Washington? This isn't about personal advancement for him, it's about something much MUCH more!

But until he gets elected, he needs to present a certain image. He needs to look like the strong, capable, knowledgeable leader who can potentially serve as Commander in Chief of the armed forces. Based on the clarity of his responses, it's very clear that he's analyzed the situation in exhaustive detail and drawn up carefully crafted statements. But by the time he's elected, the situation will be totally different. His words here will be meaningless. The only thing that has meaning will be his strength of character and his personal moral compass guiding him.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 05-23-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    You can bet your bottom dollar Rand will do everything within his limited human power to come to a peaceful solution in the middle east. He will exhaust every resource and burn every political bridge if he has to. I'll bet he'd even sacrifice his own re-election campaign!
    Y'all sit tight and get ready for when it gets to that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So only the Kurds have to give up land to the TURKS... Sellout.
    It's not like Turkey is going to give away land. Certainly not to the Kurds.
    "I am a bird"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "if anyone had an easy answer, we'd come up with it"

ask your dad. he has one.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus