Thread: Scott Walker: I Don’t Stand With Rand

Scott Walker: I Don’t Stand With Rand

Scott Walker: I Don’t Stand With Rand
    By Ilan Ben-Meir and Andrew Kaczynski

Likely 2016 presidential candidate Scott Walker said on Wednesday that if he were in the Senate, he would not have supported Rand Paul’s protest against the reauthorization of the Patriot Act and the the NSA’s domestic surveillance programs.

Paul held the Senate floor for almost eleven hours earlier this week to object to the ongoing collection of Americans’ telephone records.

Speaking to talk radio host Michael Medved, Walker said it was “incredibly important” for national security that the government retain the legal authority to collect Americans’ metadata en masse.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/ilanbenmeir/...tand-with-rand
    Seems that Bill Kristol really is pulling Walker's strings these days...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Scott, we really appeciate that.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I can now enthusiastically stand against Walker. I have no tolerance for BIG GOVT Republicans.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Conformity is the opposite of courage. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.

Thanks for the link! This guy is unknown on many issues, but he sided with Big Dairy in Wisconsin against direct-to-consumer sales of raw milk. He may just be another run-of-the-mill neocons.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

The GOP really needs to abstain it's compliance with the neo-CONservative bandwagon or otherwise it will foresee it's incoming subsidence real soon; although I'm skeptical of Rand Paul, he has at least partially redeemed himself by abrogating his stance on the TTIP ("FTA") agreement. Neo-conservative collectivism (including it's adherents like Walker) needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Good, he's finally talking and revealing himself to be another establishment puppet. I'm sick of him sitting at the top of polls and having support of people who consider themselves Tea Party/conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I can now enthusiastically stand against Walker. I have no tolerance for BIG GOVT Republicans.
    He is a carrier politician. And there is this. >
    In 1999 he took the lead in a*truth-in-sentencing*bill that increased prison time for some crimes, eliminated parole for others, and subsequently contributed to prison overcrowding. Walker was a member of the*ALEC*at the time, and credited the organization for much of the success of the legislation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think his popularity with the average Joe was that he was different based on upon ignorance and the unknown. Once people get wind of this guy just being a run of the mill Neocon in the pack of Neocons that are running, he is done.

This is either a huge misstep for his campaign or he is not a serious candidate, being there out of many just to dilute the field to ensure King Jeb succeeds for which he will be rewarded with fund raising and support in future election cycle.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Yeah and I don't walk with Walker.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah and I don't walk with Walker.
    Oooooooh

Nothing new here, he's just going where his campaign money is going.