Thread: Couple Lives Off The Grid After Spending 20-Years Building Self-Sustaining Floating Island

Couple Lives Off The Grid After Spending 20-Years Building Self-Sustaining Floating Island

Very cool. Lots of photos at link.

Living off of the grid doesn’t have to include sacrificing the good life, just take a look at Wayne Adams, 66, and Catherine King, 59. This awesome Canadian couple spent 20 years creating a floating masterpiece located off the coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Construction of the self-sustaining floating island paradise began in 1991. Since its completion the couple has enjoyed the good life on a completely different level. They call their home “Freedom Cove,” and enjoy all kinds of cool amenities like an art gallery, dance floor, guest lighthouse, 5 greenhouses and a studio where the couple lives.

The couple does not have a fridge or freezer but they still eat very well. With so many greenhouses and half an acre of land to grow crops the couple is able to grow and fish for all of their food. In the summer they get their water from a waterfall in the area, and in the winter they collect rainwater.

The vibrantly colored turquoise and magenta buildings stand out amongst the lush green foliage and blue pristine waters. While Freedom Cove has everything anyone could ever want it is completely off the grid, as well as off the land!

http://peacefulwarriors.net/couple-l...oating-island/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    muh building codes! muh property tax! muh smartmeters!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

HEY!!!!

How dare they try to live differently then the rest of the herd. I find freedom and independence offensive and audacious. These smug bastards are just askin' for a good ole swatin.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapmo View Post
    HEY!!!!

How dare they try to live differently then the rest of the herd. I find freedom and independence offensive and audacious. These smug bastards are just askin' for a good ole swatin.
    Maybe there are some old Mk-14 torpedoes the local warrior wannabees can get through the 1033 program. I don't think the Glorious Leader took those off the list this week.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance