Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ticks!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That's why the last time I had a girlfriend (like, back in the stone age or something), we would always remove each other's ticks when they got lodged in places that were hard to see. Diseases suck.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^ Even monkeys are smarter than some people.

I'm just sayin' "remove that yourself mister" is a good recipe for a very sick SO.
    It was dangling from his ballsack. If I'd had to remove it, I could've never gone back there.

Edit: Forgot the t in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Some things better left unsaid...or posted.

How ironic coming from you

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Call me silly, but the last thing I want to do is inject tick vomit and guts under my skin. Even if they DON'T have Lyme Disease that's just gross.

Now forgetting for a moment the whole ick factor and going with pure cold logic, squeezing an embedded tick increases your chances of contracting Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, babesiosis, Powassan disease, Ehrlichia chaffeensis and Ehrlichia ewingii (which cause human ehrlichiosis), STARI, tularemia, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, rickettsia parkeri rickettsiosis, Colorado tick fever, or tick-borne relapsing fevers (Borrelia hermsii, B. parkerii, or B. turicatae).

You really don't have to have some kind of bug phobia to simply want to avoid tick borne illnesses.
    What ever floats your boat........

Ya'd have a really hard time out here in the sticks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I was dangling from his ballsack. If I'd had to remove it, I could've never gone back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    How ironic coming from you
    This place is ... I don't have words.
    Really mods? Is this going to be tolerated?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This place is ... I don't have words.
    Really mods? Is this going to be tolerated?
    I forgot the t in it.

That makes it okay, right?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    What ever floats your boat........

Ya'd have a really hard time out here in the sticks.....
    LMAO I live out in the sticks.

Here is a photo I just right now took out my back window...

I live in "The Pine State." In the early summer the ticks rain down out of the sky.

When I roll down my driveway, banjos start playing.

I've lived here for 25 years.

From what you've been posing it's gotta drive you nuts...

I just accept 'em as part of life and try to catch 'em while they're still crawling and not burrowed in...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It was dangling from his ballsack. If I'd had to remove it, I could've never gone back there.

Edit: Forgot the t in it.
    Lyme Disease can lead to Loss of sex drive, Sexual dysfunction, and Testicular pain.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lyme Disease can lead to Loss of sex drive, Sexual dysfunction, and Testicular pain.
    So could me not visiting that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    From what you've been posing it's gotta drive you nuts...

I just accept 'em as part of life and try to catch 'em while they're still crawling and not burrowed in...
    Nope. I just engage my brain-muscles first when dealing with the little buggars. The fact that I hate ticks does mean that they almost never get a chance to embed, because when they start raining down out of the sky I get really sensitive to feeling them crawling on me and I don't wait. If I'm out in town I will go to the restroom pick an empty stall and flush the little SOB down the toilet.

I hate wearing Off and was thinking of trying a homemade tick repellent. I found a recipe on the internet but was wondering if anyone had a better one. I'm concerned spraying vinegar in my hair and going outside will lighten it and I like it to stay dark.
    Haven't read the whole thread but my first reaction on reading this was "Your whole body is covered with hair?" If not, just spray everywhere except your hair and you should be fine.

Haha...out of rep

Thanks for sharing your hardship, bro. I will be extra cautious now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

That's why the last time I had a girlfriend (like, back in the stone age or something), we would always remove each other's ticks when they got lodged in places that were hard to see. Diseases suck.

Mods? Really?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Mods? Really?
    What's the matter Danke? Your rental girls charge too much for that?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's the matter Danke? Your rental girls charge too much for that?
    Before Jan 2012 this used to be a family friendly forum.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Before Jan 2012 this used to be a family friendly forum.
    "The Patriarch"

Found a tick on my under butt cheek. *shudders* That's the third tick I've found on me in the past month. The other two hadn't bitten me. I kind of get the other two (I found one on my way home from the lake and the other weeding) but I had only been in the pool and the driveway yesterday.

Mr Animal said he found one crawling on his neck on the way to work. We have a low branch hanging over the driveway and I think that's where we're getting them.

After the mild winter, I think the ticks are gonna be bad this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Found a tick on my under butt cheek. *shudders* That's the third tick I've found on me in the past month. The other two hadn't bitten me. I kind of get the other two (I found one on my way home from the lake and the other weeding) but I had only been in the pool and the driveway yesterday.

Mr Animal said he found one crawling on his neck on the way to work. We have a low branch hanging over the driveway and I think that's where we're getting them.

After the mild winter, I think the ticks are gonna be bad this year.
    Try to find some birch oil repellent and give it a try.
    Do something Danke

Found a tick on my under butt cheek.

TickSmart Tip: Tape the tick, especially those found on family members, to an index card with the date and location it was found. Hang on to the card for 6 months or so, just in case unusual symptoms appear. That way you can always have the tick tested for pathogens... or, for show & tell.

Essential oils such as Lavender, Lemongrass, Citronella, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Thyme, Melaleuca and Cedarwood work great. I make my own bug repellent every year--DEET is nasty, nasty stuff.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We've had plenty this year and it's not even summer yet....

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

Essential oils such as Lavender, Lemongrass, Citronella, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Thyme, Melaleuca and Cedarwood work great. I make my own bug repellent every year--DEET is nasty, nasty stuff.
    I have had good luck with the lemon/ Eucalyptus for mosquitos
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is one of the worst seasons I have seen for ticks. Literally pulling off a few a day from patients and given doxycycline like its candy. Never seen so many. I heard the rise in mouse population is the main culprit.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    This is one of the worst seasons I have seen for ticks. Literally pulling off a few a day from patients and given doxycycline like its candy. Never seen so many. I heard the rise in mouse population is the main culprit.
    People actually go to the Dr. for tick removal?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast