Thread: Why Are We Still Vaccinating? 25 Questions From A Former Pro-Vaccine Advocate

Why Are We Still Vaccinating? 25 Questions From A Former Pro-Vaccine Advocate

I used to be pro vaccine. I know the feeling of thinking others were just plain crazy and wrong for not vaccinating their children and themselves. ‘Irresponsible!’ I said when pointing my finger. I’d use the same old arguments about polio and small pox and how vaccines saved us from all those horrible diseases and just swallowing and regurgitating the propaganda I was brought up with. It was only recently, in 2009 that I started questioning my long held beliefs and began digging in to the history, efficacy and safety of vaccines. I was appalled at what I found and the recklessness of those government health agencies entrusted with our health and our children’s safety, and angry with myself that I had put my family’s health at risk by blind faith in others when I was ultimately responsible for the medical decisions of my family.

When I began to put this article together I specifically chose not to include research from or links to websites that are considered untrustworthy by most pro-vaxxers, sites such as Natural News, Mercola, etc. even though I personally trust those sites and much more than I would WebMd and for good reason [a]. Instead I chose to employ basic logic and also incorporate independent and .gov scientific studies-mostly peer review, journals, news from mainstream sources (that pro-vaxxers love and totally trust) and articles that link to other .gov scientific studies, as well as government statistical resources. So, I started writing down questions and then looking for answers. I’ll admit, some of these questions have already been asked by others, but I just expanded upon it to form a helpful list.

I hope the following information helps you in your lifelong journey in search of health, vitality and truth in your own lives and your children’s lives.

Full Story.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His sources are largely the same sources he says he avoids. Anybody citing VAERS immediately loses credbility, because as we all know...VAERS does not verify the reports. And therefore anybody, including the anti-vaxxers, can manipulate the results.

He cherry picks outliers, uses out of context audio as science, quotes opinion as fact, confuses correlation with causation, and pretty much generates every other typical logical fallacy the anti-vaxxers can never over come.

To answer the question yet again, as a society, we vaccinate our children because they die less and live longer, healthier lives when we do.

Just question #1:

1. Why are newborn babies vaccinated on their first day of life against a disease that is primarily transmitted sexually and by needles in drug users?
    (Pregnant women are already tested for STD’s prior to birth so there’s no reason to give it to an infant). Interesting to note, of the few vaccines that still are given to infants and STILL has thimerasol in it is Hep B and DipTet (and Flu shot recommended to pregnant women). So, the claim that it has been removed from all vaccines is a lie and misdirection. If they give it to all newborns then ALL the newborns are getting that thimerasol (mercury derivative). “It was removed from many child vaccines in 2002 but remains in some vaccines (e.g., hepatitis B virus and)” Page 21.
    HepB vaccine has been available thimerasol free since 1999. As is the flu shot.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm4835a3.htm

The DipTet shot (a two in one shot) is not used in the US- instead the DPT (which includes the whooping cough) is- and that too is available without thimerasol if you are concerned about it. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccina...s-answers.aspx

What does the teenage 3-in-1 booster contain?

The 3-in-1 teenage booster is a combined vaccine that contains:

purified diphtheria toxoid (low dose)
    purified tetanus toxoid
    three types of inactivated (killed) polio virus

The 3-in-1 vaccine does not contain thiosermal, a mercury-based preservative.