Thread: Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

Exclamation Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

So now, when somebody decides to SWAT you, it will be nationwide.

Obama signs 'Blue Alert' law to protect police

Gregory Korte, USA TODAY 11:42 p.m. EDT May 19, 2015

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ning/27578911/

WASHINGTON — President Obama has signed into law a measure that will require instant nationwide "Blue Alerts" to warn about threats to police officers and help track down the suspects who carry them out.

The Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu National Blue Alert Act of 2015 is named for the two New York Police Department officers killed in an ambush attack last December.

The assailant, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, had shot his girlfriend earlier in the day, and then threatened on his Instagram account to kill police officers in retaliation for the recent police killings in Ferguson, Mo. and New York City. But that information never made it to New York.

"They were serving their community with great honor and dedication and courage, and all of New York grieved and all of the nation grieved," Obama said in an Oval Office signing ceremony with the families of the slain officers. "It's important for us not only to honor their memory, it's also important for us to make sure that we do everything we can to help ensure the safety of our police officers when they're in the line of duty."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh $#@!, here we go. Anybody who thinks this is just posturing is going to be in for a nasty surprise.
    "The Patriarch"

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be really bad?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Yes exactly, because an entire nation needs to be made aware anytime some idiot threatens to harm a single police department or officer. These people are insane, terror alerts; amber, silver, and gold alerts; EAS and IPAWS, DEFCON, breaking news, etc. Police already have such a warning system, it is called a BOLO. How is a blue alert going to catch social media posts that are threatening in nature?

Yawn.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Yes exactly, because an entire nation needs to be made aware anytime some idiot threatens to harm a single police department or officer. These people are insane, terror alerts; amber, silver, and gold alerts; EAS and IPAWS, DEFCON, breaking news, etc. Police already have such a warning system, it is called a BOLO. How is a blue alert going to catch social media posts that are threatening in nature?

Yawn.
    It's going to provide an excuse for being in hair-trigger posture (and the mowing down of innocents that will inevitably result). It's already well-known that this kind of alert is functionally useless (the Amber Alert - it does nothing)!

Just another step in scripting the narrative of a police state. It reinforces the "at war" mentality of internal security forces.

Sorry but the safety of police officers is already too protected evidenced by the fact that they can murder anyone by merely saying they are "afraid for their life" even unarmed mentally retarded citizens
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Lives-n-lucre with the stroke of a pen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    WASHINGTON — President Obama has signed into law a measure that will require instant nationwide "Blue Alerts" to warn about threats to police officers and help track down the suspects who carry them out.
    What could possibly go wrong?

"They were serving their community with great honor and dedication and courage, and all of New York grieved and all of the nation grieved," Obama said in an Oval Office signing ceremony with the families of the slain officers. "It's important for us not only to honor their memory, it's also important for us to make sure that we do everything we can to help ensure the safety of our police officers when they're in the line of duty."
    I must have missed that memo. I didn't grieve a whit. Guess I'll be an early addition to their newest of lists.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    #BlueLivesMatter
    #YoursDon't

Getting those police unions in line to support Dems.

this will go a long way in the healing process, as soon as they round-up all those domestic terrorists.

Terms like 'copsucker' and 'other' dis-respectful verbiage will be the litmus test. Expect them. Expect them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    this will go a long way in the healing process, as soon as they round-up all those domestic terrorists.

Terms like 'copsucker' and 'other' dis-respectful verbiage will be the litmus test. Expect them. Expect them soon.
    They've already carried out a mass execution on some "undesirables" in Waco -- first in 1993, then again last Sunday. And they will get away with it this time also.

Yup, what you all said.

This will not end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, what you all said.
    This will not end well.

Dunno, I feel safer already!