Thread: Is Fox News fair and balanced when it comes to Fast Track Trade authority?

Is Fox News fair and balanced when it comes to Fast Track Trade authority?

Let me say up front that I find FoxNews a far better source for accurate political information than our network news outlets. Having said that I have noticed that when FoxNews reports on the proposed legislation to give our president Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority, it seems to constantly point out that unions are against the proposal, but fail to say in the same breath that those who support an adherence to the defined and limited powers assigned to our president as distinguished from those assigned to Congress are also against FTTPA. And they are against it because it proposes to allow the president to usurp Congress’ exclusive legislative powers which deal with regulations of Commerce.

When it comes to the un-constitutionality of FTTPA our Constitution is crystal clear as to Congress having exclusive power to “regulative commerce with foreign nation”. Congress is also vested with an exclusive power to “… lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States…” And this power, laying imposts and duties, is one of the specific tools our Founders intended Congress to use to “regulate commerce with foreign nations”.

To get an idea of how our founders used Congress’ assigned powers to regulate commerce with foreign nations while promoting the general welfare of the United States see An Act imposing duties on Tonnage July 20, 1789

"...a discount of ten percent on all duties imposed by this Act shall be allowed on such goods, wares, and merchandise as shall be imported in vessels built in the United States, and wholly the property of a citizen or citizens thereof."

This patriotic use of taxing at our water’s edge not only filled our national treasury, but encouraged ship building on American soil and predictably resulted in America's ship building industry to flourish and America’s merchant marine to become the most powerful on the face of the planet. But our global governance crowd, under the cloak of “free trade”, want to prohibit our various state Congressional Delegations sent to Washington to use their powers over commerce and taxation to promote America’s best interests and the interests of their immediate constituents. And this is what FTTPA is designed to accomplish.

If adopted, FTTPA would allow the president to usurp Congress’ legislative powers to create a Bill regulating commerce with foreign nations, debate that Bill, amend it as needed to reflect the general welfare of the United States, and then send that Bill to the President for his approval.

Instead, FTTPA proposes to allow the President to usurp Congress’ exclusive legislative powers when making regulations of commerce and leaves Congress with the president’s veto power.

FTTPA is intentionally designed to neuter each State’s Congressional Delegation’s participation in the making of law, and it strikes at the very heart of our constitutionally limited system of representative government. And yet, FoxNews seems to be more interested in telling us unions are against it, rather than reporting that fundamental guarantees of our Constitution, the guarantee that all legislative powers are vested in a Congress of the United States, and that Congress is vested with an exclusive power to regulate commerce with foreign nations, is under attack as proposed in Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority.

Here is a list of 62 tyrannical Senators who voted today to advance the nefarious FTTPA which is an attack on the People’s voice being heard and acted upon in the making of legislation dealing with foreign commerce.

Finally, thank you Senators, Susan Collins, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Jeff Sessions, and Richard C. Shelby for being loyal to your oath of office and rejecting this despotic attack upon our Constitution’s separation of powers.

JWK

The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny. ___ Madison, Federalist Paper No. 47

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL where's your hero Ted Cruz now?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    LOL where's your hero Ted Cruz now?
    My hero? Apparently you do not follow my postings from day to day.

Aside from that, did you have a comment to make regarding the subject of the thread?

JWK

To support Jeb Bush is to support our Global Governance crowd and their WTO, NAFTA, GATT, and CAFTA, all used to circumvent America First trade policies, while fattening the fortunes of international corporate giants who have no allegiance to America or any nation.

Is Fox fair and balanced on anything?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Fox News is just another government-media complex outlet.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I know a knee-jerk response of low information Republican voters is to think because a union is against something, a Republican voter should be for it.

It also appears that FoxNews may have intimidated low information Republican voters to think they should be in favor of granting FTTPA to our president by saying unions are against it, i.e., by saying unions are against it, Republican voters should be for it! Is this the motive of our media constantly telling us unions are against granting FTTPA to the president? If so, the use of a psychological insinuation to guide low information Republican voters into supporting an attack upon our Constitution's separation of powers appears to be working.

JWK

" I believe that there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachment of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." ___ Madison Elliot`s Debates, vol. III, page 87

Is FoxNews delinquent in confronting Republican Lawmakers who ignore our Constitution?

I have yet to hear FoxNews confront a Republican member of Congress and ask them what wording in our Constitution would permit the president to exercise Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority as described in the current proposed legislation which would authorize such power.

The unavoidable truth is, by our Constitution the president was intentionally excluded from making laws regulating commerce with foreign nations. Likewise, our Congress and not the president, has been entrusted by the people with "All legislative Powers", and this includes the making of laws which affect commerce with foreign nations!

Additionally, Congress has been assigned the exclusive power to lay and collect imposts and duties, and all bills for raising revenue are to originate in the House of Representatives. Therefore, any trade deals which affect imposts and duties on imports from foreign nations must originate in the House of Representatives and not in secret deals cooked up by the president.

So, why has FoxNews been delinquent in confronting Republican Members of Congress who support giving Fast Track Trade Authority to the president? Why is FoxNews not asking members of Congress what wording in our Constitution would permit the president to exercise Fast Track Trade Promotion Authority as described in the current proposed legislation which would authorize such power? What unions support or don't support is totally irrelevant to our Republican Party members in the Senate supporting such tyranny! So why is FoxNews constantly dwelling on what unions support or don’t support?

Here is a list of 62 tyrannical Senators who voted yesterday to advance the nefarious FTTPA which is an attack on the People’s voice being heard and acted upon in the making of legislation dealing with foreign commerce.

JWK

To support Jeb Bush is to support a continuance of Obama's illegal immigration tyranny which includes giving work permits to millions who have invaded our borders!

Let me say up front that I find FoxNews a far better source for accurate political information than our network news outlets.
    No. Packages are arranged in a cartel-like fashion contractually obligating you to pay for all corporations to get one. Often this issue is miscast as people being forced to pay for channels they don't want. The reality is you are given a choice of paying similar money to several media empires or are legally restricted from accessing the government controlled electromagnetic spectrum as well as the rights-of-way over which data is transmitted.

So you are paying for corporations you don't want or that didn't earn your money. So-called conservatives have kept MSNBC and CNN afloat.

Fox is not a better source. It plays the same game and it parts money from a great many people here. Fools.

I don't have a cable or satellite TV subscription to Fox News. Can I still stream online?

Fox News Digital
    posted this on November 30, 2012, 13:56

Unfortunately, this is not a service we offer at this time. However, you can catch the best clips of the day on http://video.foxnews.com and http://video.foxbusiness.com.

Select shows like Fox News Sunday and Stossel are available on Hulu.com. Stossel can also be found on FoxBusiness.com and RedEye can be found on FoxNews.com.

You can watch full episodes of Stossel here: http://video.foxbusiness.com/playlis...sodes-stossel/
    and full episodes of Red Eye here: http://video.foxnews.com/playlist/on...sodes-red-eye/

http://help.foxnews.com/entries/2152...-stream-online

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When a Saudi Prince purchased partial ownership of FOX, I realized then they are a bias news outlet. The motive now is to promote as much hostility as possible so the Saudi's can gain as much territory as possible in the mid east. When you tune in to FOX, all you hear is ISIS, ISIS, ISIS ... WAR, WAR, WAR . FOX spends 99% of their time promoting troops on the ground and hostile invasion of any country their Saudi owner is ready to invade.

Oh, I forgot to mention those pesky little Saudi's, who not only own FOX, were also responsible for the 9/11 attacks; thanks to their close friendship with George Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Is Fox fair and balanced on anything?
    They dropped that claim a while ago.