Thread: Pat Buchanan and the end of old America

Pat Buchanan and the end of old America

I hope this is the right forum for this. Great article about Pat Buchanan. I may not always agree with Pat but looking back at things he said 20-30yrs ago it makes you sad to think what would have been if he'd been elected President, but the NeoCons as usual are tearing him up.

On Monday, May 18, Pat Buchanan made national news again. The lead editorial in the neoconservative Wall Street Journal attacked him and his ideas on trade and immigration, and, in a real sense, his ideas on what a traditional America is all about.

According to Rupert Murdoch’s paper, “Here we go again. In the 1990s Pat Buchanan launched a civil war within the Republican Party on a platform targeting immigration and trade. Some claimed Pitchfork Pat was the future of the GOP, though in the end he mainly contributed to its presidential defeats … the GOP’s Buchanan wing is making a comeback.”

Buchanan immediately issued a sharp riposte to the Journal. The differences between his beliefs and what the Journal represents are profound, the chasm unbridgeable. Buchanan expresses the beliefs and values of an older America, while The Wall Street Journal is the mouthpiece of globalist Wall Street capitalism. Their goal is to secure power for managerial elites and their control of world finance, with the subsequent imposition of a “Pax Americana” on the rest of the world. They want this even if it takes every life of every American in uniform and the transfer of every decent paying American job to Mexico and China, to do it.

Theirs is the template being advanced both by Hillary Clinton and by most of the national GOP candidates, excepting perhaps Senator Rand Paul. It is the same idea of imposed global, liberal democracy pushed by Fox News and its assembled experts. This idea pervades most traditionally conservative institutions and journals, which now claim that the imposition of across-the-board equality and American-style democracy in every obscure backwater is our duty.
    Original Article:
    http://www.commdiginews.com/politics...america-41894/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I would make Pat the head of the state department just to piss them off.

He comes across as cranky on TV. I met him a couple of times when I was volunteering with two different congressional campaigns. I think the first time was a little over 20 years ago. He and his wife are very winsome and kind people. Pat is very funny.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    He comes across as cranky on TV. I met him a couple of times when I was volunteering with two different congressional campaigns. I think the first time was a little over 20 years ago. He and his wife are very winsome and kind people. Pat is very funny.
    I'd really like to meet him some time. Why do you say he seems cranky? I mean I agree sometimes he gets a little worked up but usually he seems pretty much firm and on point, did you see the recent appearance he had on Hannity? Check it out if not, I thought he nailed Sean, despite Hannity trying to talk over him.

Vote Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan for 2016

I have a lot of respect for Buchanan and his views.

On Monday, May 18, Pat Buchanan made national news again. The lead editorial in the neoconservative Wall Street Journal attacked him and his ideas on trade and immigration, and, in a real sense, his ideas on what a traditional America is all about.
    So, traditional America is about protectionism and restricted immigration?

I do appreciate Pat on many subjects, but I can't stand his economically illiterate isolationism (which, by the way, is the proper use of that term).